shape
carat
color
clarity

For those who have J. Meyer rings...

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
how long have you had it? What metal is it? And how's it looking? I'm asking because I am currently having problems with my C. Meyer ring. The oxidation has worn off. I was told it isn't permanent. Which is strange because I also have a J. Meyer ring that still looks stunning. I'm currently waiting to see what can be done.

Please let me know, as I am very upset with this situation. Thanks.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Gothgrrl,

My JM solitaire is in unplated wg. It was also oxidized to bring out the texture, but that oxidation has worn off. Jim told me it would wear off over time and that I could have it re-oxidized. I've had mine for 3 years, and it took about 8 months for the oxidation to wear off. I actually like it without, so I'm good. The wraps and bezel are in plat, so there is a nice contrast, and the texture of the band paired with the warmth of the unplated wg is nice without the oxidation.

The oxidation is so lovely, though, so I understand why you are disappointed. I'd ask them to re-do it for you.

Eta-I also have a JM ring in yg, and the oxidation wore off in about 4 months, but that's because I purposefully scrubbed it with a toothbrush to reduce the oxidation-was a little too dark for my taste. Are you cleaning your ring a lot? It will wear off faster.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Coati, thank you so much for your help. I was really stressed out over this. Silly I know. I wore my J. Meyer ring for one month. I never took it off, wore it 24/7. Did cleaning, dishes etc. while wearing it. It still looks great. Then I got a ring from C. Meyer. It wasn't as dark, more like a light silver. Also it looked like oxidation process wasn't as good as my other ring. They had some spots inside the ring. I was told I can rub them out. I only wore it about seven times, and it's all gone. So I thought something was strange.

I feel much better that someone answered all my questions. Again, thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results