shape
carat
color
clarity

For those that have Tiffany sterling silver jewelry …

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Do you continue to love them over the year or wish you bought the gold pieces instead?

Do you find yourself selling them over the year? If so, do you find that they hold their value being a designer piece?

I’m currently downsizing my collection and is starting to have interest in Tiffany silver. However, I don’t want to be in a position of having to sell them a year or two later lol.

Last edited:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I love my silver pieces and wear them frequently. I like white metals. I have a few Tiffany items in gold too. I feel that the “chunkier” styles have the right vibe in silver, like the hardwear collection or some of the peretti pieces like the bone cuff.

Attachments

• B1794C9E-AE87-4A13-8116-38820BE214F9.jpeg
    B1794C9E-AE87-4A13-8116-38820BE214F9.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 14
  • AAFB897D-8888-43F7-8E47-22094CF5FED6.jpeg
    AAFB897D-8888-43F7-8E47-22094CF5FED6.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 12

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I love my silver pieces and wear them frequently. I like white metals. I have a few Tiffany items in gold too. I feel that the “chunkier” styles have the right vibe in silver, like the hardwear collection or some of the peretti pieces like the bone cuff.

My sister in law gifted my daughter a peretti silver necklace for her to wear when she gets older. I stored it in its pouch but was surprised to find it tarnish in a way silver tarnish.

Does that happen to large piece like the bone cuff

I’m interested in hearing your bone cuff experience too, is it comfortable?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
My sister in law gifted my daughter a peretti silver necklace for her to wear when she gets older. I stored it in its pouch but was surprised to find it tarnish in a way silver tarnish.

Does that happen to large piece like the bone cuff

I’m interested in hearing your bone cuff experience too, is it comfortable?

I don’t have the Bone cuff but I love it! I’ve found it easy to polish up the tarnish when I don’t wear something for a while, I actually got a bottle of polishing cream from Tiffany but there’s lots of silver polishes out there.

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
I have a few pieces of Tiffany silver. I love and wear the Daisy key but have outgrown the initial necklace and hearts ring. I wouldn't say I regret them because I got a lot of wear out of them at one point in time. If I were to buy more Tiffany silver then it would have to be unique to Tiffany. I store them in anti-tarnish bags to keep them looking like new.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please don’t take offence but I feel like the questions you really need to ask are ones that introduce *yourself* to yourself better.. not ones that allow you to know us better.

What I mean is it’s all individual preference. If you value gold over silver, then you will still value gold over silver after some years. In that case go for gold now or hold out until you can splurge on it.

If you value whatever the crowd values, you’ll never know what way the tide will turn and you’ll forever be selling and buying new pieces. Which is totally okay but it’s best to know that about yourself (or be able to admit it) for your own sake.

What do you like to wear, what styles do you value, what makes your own heart light up?

Most importantly why (and what??) exactly are you selling now and why are you selling it and why don’t you want to be in this same position again?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Please don’t take offence but I feel like the questions you really need to ask are ones that introduce *yourself* to yourself better.. not ones that allow you to know us better.

What I mean is it’s all individual preference. If you value gold over silver, then you will still value gold over silver after some years. In that case go for gold now or hold out until you can splurge on it.

If you value whatever the crowd values, you’ll never know what way the tide will turn and you’ll forever be selling and buying new pieces. Which is totally okay but it’s best to know that about yourself (or be able to admit it) for your own sake.

What do you like to wear, what styles do you value, what makes your own heart light up?

Most importantly why (and what??) exactly are you selling now and why are you selling it and why don’t you want to be in this same position again?

This is a good perspective. I was always a fan of wearing things I felt were casual and I wasn’t afraid of them getting a little banged up. In the past few years I’ve started collecting more “fine” jewelry but for everyday i still often go for sturdy silver! But I’m not much of a purchase/sell person I tend to pick things i know I will keep and wear long term.

Last edited:

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock

None taken

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few pieces of Tiffany silver. I love and wear the Daisy key but have outgrown the initial necklace and hearts ring. I wouldn't say I regret them because I got a lot of wear out of them at one point in time. If I were to buy more Tiffany silver then it would have to be unique to Tiffany. I store them in anti-tarnish bags to keep them looking like new.

Just curious, is the blue bag that comes with the jewelry. Is that an anti tarnish bag?

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Just curious, is the blue bag that comes with the jewelry. Is that an anti tarnish bag?

I don't know if their bag is anti-tarnish. I buy these (they come in a variety of sizes).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ive been thinking about this
now never having been into a Tiffany's store unless you count watching the movie, its a premium espensive brand that tardes on its good name right ?

why do they even make silver that tarnishes ?

last year, (first time ive said that about 2021 :lol-2:)
while rummaging through some of mum's stuff i found an old pearl brooch of grandmas'
it had been lying in the awful cork jewlery box i made in form 1 woodwork at least since 1983 - and had been unworn the entire time
at first i assumed it was a faux piece - it is just a pretty generic little thing probably from the 1930's
but on closer inspection it had the stirling silver mark on it and the pearls passed the tooth test
and more importantly to my point, it had not a smidge of tarnish on it

why did anyone and everyone change the formula of stirling silver that it now tarnishes so quickly ?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my Tiffany silver pieces. I wear them often and never have to polish them. I love the bright white of the silver. I think I only polished them once because I was polishing other silver pieces. I love silver so much. Most of my Tiffany silver are over ten years old. I mix them with platinum and 18k white gold. I’m a big fan..

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my Tiffany silver pieces. I wear them often and never have to polish them. I love the bright white of the silver. I think I only polished them once because I was polishing other silver pieces. I love silver so much. Most of my Tiffany silver is over ten years old. I mix them with platinum and 18k white gold. I’m a big fan..

well this sounds exactly as it should be
good to know
my apoligies to the brand for somehow doubting them

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
ive been thinking about this
now never having been into a Tiffany's store unless you count watching the movie, its a premium espensive brand that tardes on its good name right ?

why do they even make silver that tarnishes ?

last year, (first time ive said that about 2021 :lol-2:)
while rummaging through some of mum's stuff i found an old pearl brooch of grandmas'
it had been lying in the awful cork jewlery box i made in form 1 woodwork at least since 1983 - and had been unworn the entire time
at first i assumed it was a faux piece - it is just a pretty generic little thing probably from the 1930's
but on closer inspection it had the stirling silver mark on it and the pearls passed the tooth test
and more importantly to my point, it had not a smidge of tarnish on it

why did anyone and everyone change the formula of stirling silver that it now tarnishes so quickly ?

I think to my understanding, all silver will tarnish. It’s just a matter of when. Some people it react very quickly and tarnish very quickly. Others, not so much.

I love it that you found a family treasure. I wish I can say the same, but most of our valuable was lost in the war.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I love my Tiffany silver pieces. I wear them often and never have to polish them. I love the bright white of the silver. I think I only polished them once because I was polishing other silver pieces. I love silver so much. Most of my Tiffany silver is over ten years old. I mix them with platinum and 18k white gold. I’m a big fan..

Me too! I came across a second hand Tiffany love lock bracelet and I just love the weight and the color of the silver. It’s like a soft bright white color hard to describe. I love it so much but because I have never own any substantial silver pieces before, I want to know what’s everyone experience with silver.

image.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too! I came across a second hand Tiffany love lock bracelet and I just love the weight and the color of the silver. It’s like a soft bright white color hard to describe. I love it so much but because I have never own any substantial silver pieces before, I want to know what’s everyone experience with silver.

image.jpg

loving the size !
i think if you wear it everyday the tarnish stays away
not that it doesnt benifit from a nice shine up

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think to my understanding, all silver will tarnish. It’s just a matter of when. Some people it react very quickly and tarnish very quickly. Others, not so much.

I love it that you found a family treasure. I wish I can say the same, but most of our valuable was lost in the war.

oh im so sorry
we dont really know how lucky we were in this part of the world

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
How I came to buying this bracelet is even a stranger story. DH wanted to get me something for Xmas, so I was looking at Victoria padlock bracelet. I bought one, it was gorgeous but sold it to a lovely Pser here after seeing a bigger chunkier one. However, that was sold before I could gather the fund from selling the prior. So I came across Tiffany padlock bracelet above but it was silver. To my surprise, I’m in awe of the color of silver since I typically buy traditional gold. The only silver piece I have is my 3 flowers promise ring that DH proposed to me which I wore with my wedding band in the picture above. Anywho, I’m feeling also very guilty because I am still on maternity leave and the disability payment will end this month. I’m trying not to spend and actually selling old stuffs to fund it. But alas here I am admiring this silver Tiffany bracelet. What’s wrong with me? :/

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How I came to buying this bracelet is even a stranger story. DH wanted to get me something for Xmas, so I was looking at Victoria padlock bracelet. I bought one, it was gorgeous but sold it to a lovely Pser here after seeing a bigger chunkier one. However, that was sold before I could gather the fund from selling the prior. So I came across Tiffany padlock bracelet above but it was silver. To my surprise, I’m in awe of the color of silver since I typically buy traditional gold. The only silver piece I have is my 3 flowers promise ring that DH proposed to me which I wore with my wedding band in the picture above. Anywho, I’m feeling also very guilty because I am still on maternity leave and the disability payment will end this month. I’m trying not to spend and actually selling old stuffs to fund it. But alas here I am admiring this silver Tiffany bracelet. What’s wrong with me? :/

you know we are a community of enablers here ? :lol-2:
there is nothing wrong with you ;)2
here, with us, you are completly normal=)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

You have a newborn..It’s tough at first..I still remember the exhaustion many years later. You don’t need an excuse to get something pretty..but if anyone deserves a treat it’s you right now! Enjoy that baby and your new pretty bracelet!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
You have a newborn..It’s tough at first..I still remember the exhaustion many years later. You don’t need an excuse to get something pretty..but if anyone deserves a treat it’s you right now! Enjoy that baby and your new pretty bracelet!

Awe. Thanks! Postpartum is tough for sure. Sleep deprivation and breastfeeding. But every smile from him is pure joy.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
well this sounds exactly as it should be
good to know
my apoligies to the brand for somehow doubting them

Oh if you don’t wear them for a long while they do tarnish! It happened to my for the first time with COVID I didn’t wear much jewelry for over a year and a few tarnished. When I wear them regularly they don’t! But easy enough to polish up.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

image.jpg

It’s so pretty! Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results