shape
carat
color
clarity

For those of you with long(er) hair... what do you do with it at night?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm. Interesting, I'll have to look into that. I did get satin pillow cases (which are super slick and slippery!) but the wrap is a whole 'nother level!

Goodness, that made me laugh so hard from rememberin : a dear (male) friend of mine tried his Dw's silk satin pillowcase, liked the feeling, bought all silk satin sheets for their bed AND a pair of silk satin PJ's for himself.

He actually slipped off of his bed and fell. Hard.

We still laugh about it years later. His wife was in tears (laughter) every time she got to tell that story!
(We're an easily entertained bunch it seems)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To answer your question about dents from sleeping in the ponytail, yes, slightly with the scrunchie. I will straightening iron them out quickly if they are too much.

ETA OH yes. Satin pillows too!! They help!

ETAA I also wear the scrunchie on the top of my head to reduce dents and keep it off my neck.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use satin or silk pillowcases.

I push my hair behind me over my head at night to keep it out of my way.

I don't like hair on my face during the day either so I always wear it back or up or in a ponytail.
My curly hair is not super long though and just at shoulder length. But I hate feeling hair on my neck or face.

These are also good options fyi.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the ideas and options ladies (and Kenny, LOL)!

Last night I tried to put it in a loose knot on top of my head but it's not quite long enough yet (i.e., the hair at the nape of my neck doesn't have enough length to stay in the scrunchie). Tonight I'm going to try a loose ponytail at the base of my neck. And I'm sure I'm going to end up ordering some wraps and bonnets and who knows what else.

Boy... who knew just growing my hair out was going to be so complicated?!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have had long hair most of my life, and I always slept with it loose, I guess I was just used to it. The only time it bothered me was during my pregnancies, when I was huge and sweaty all the time. I remember sleeping with a top bun on my head during that time. I am now in my late 40s and starting to get some night sweats and those silk cap are looking pretty good! May have to get some soon.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I put it in a very high loose bun with a scrunchie or loose pony tail. Has to be loose or I get headaches. Btw, my hair dresser told me to do this to help blowouts last longer and it just stuck (no more blowouts due to Covid for me).

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7E0987E2-D0C9-47CB-9C30-60EFAA293377.jpeg

elizat, I’m so jealous of wavy hair! Mine is STICK straight.

fox, this is what I’m growing out from! (Pic taken at a PS GTG in Vegas a few years ago, I’m with Jonathan from GOG and his lovely wife Vicki.). No color though; I’m far too lazy to keep anyrhing up.
I love the short cut! It looks great - at least you know you can always go back to that if you get bored and it’ll look good.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
See if you can do a single French braid. With shorter hair it picks up from top of scalp all the way down,. If you don’t know how to do it ask a friend or watch a video. Once you get the hang of it you don’t even need a mirror or comb. Or just pull back the front part off your face in a top knot scrunchie.
Been there so know your frustration.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goodness, that made me laugh so hard from rememberin : a dear (male) friend of mine tried his Dw's silk satin pillowcase, liked the feeling, bought all silk satin sheets for their bed AND a pair of silk satin PJ's for himself.

He actually slipped off of his bed and fell. Hard.

We still laugh about it years later. His wife was in tears (laughter) every time she got to tell that story!
(We're an easily entertained bunch it seems)

That's so funny
i brought satin sheets not long after i moved in with Gary ;)2
But we both found rough heal skin was really annoying
Every couple of years id put them back on the bed and by the next id be stripping them off again

but i see Blissy all over the internet and ive been reading how satin is surposed to be cool in summer and warm in winter so i resurrected them from the back of the linnen cupboard and washed the pillowcases (can only find 3 not 4 :angryfire:)
And i put one on my pillow last night
I feel like i slept better last night not turning the pillow over 400 times and i know its healthier for my hair

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have mid-back length, fine hair and don't really do anything special with it when I sleep. But then again I'm a side sleeper, so I'm not really laying on my hair. Sometimes my DH will lay on my hair, which I hate lol, and if that happens I'll flip it up and over my pillow.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a bonnet girl...lol I have several bonnets to wear to bed in lots of different colors. Silk or satin bonnets are my friend as I have super coily hair. I'm mindful of not wearing any thing on the hair when I go to bed.

Super coily hair tends to be much more fragile than straight or loose curly hair, so I take all those things into account. Even after I cut my hair to a baldie, when it got long enough (about ear length), I would still put in twists at night. Its a pain to do, but cuts down on fairy knots.

When my hair is loose, my head gets stupid hot.... :lol: I rarely even have it out anymore (why do I bother having hair...don't know!) My hair is now to armpit length again. Its not as thick as it used to be, but thats another story altogether.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright you ladies convinced me -- I just ordered two different kinds of satin sleep caps! One has an elastic "band" (non-adjustable) and the other has an adjustment mechanism. I did have to rethink my color options because almost every cap had some sort of comment about bleeding onto the pillow cases, so I went back and got tan/ivory ones. I'll also wash them before I wear them, so I'm hoping that won't be an issue.

I do like the scarf options but I'm not sure where I'd position the knot since I roll around like a rotisserie chicken, including sending some time on my face, LOL.

For those of you who do tuck your hair up at night, what do you do with your bangs (if you have them)? I think I'll have to leave them out of the cap or else they'd get totally jacked up overnight... ?

This all feels a bit "Little House on the Prairie" BTW; "Alrighty, I'll be ready for bed just as soon as I put on my flannel nightgown and my sleep bonnet." :lol:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright you ladies convinced me -- I just ordered two different kinds of satin sleep caps! One has an elastic "band" (non-adjustable) and the other has an adjustment mechanism. I did have to rethink my color options because almost every cap had some sort of comment about bleeding onto the pillow cases, so I went back and got tan/ivory ones. I'll also wash them before I wear them, so I'm hoping that won't be an issue.

I do like the scarf options but I'm not sure where I'd position the knot since I roll around like a rotisserie chicken, including sending some time on my face, LOL.

For those of you who do tuck your hair up at night, what do you do with your bangs (if you have them)? I think I'll have to leave them out of the cap or else they'd get totally jacked up overnight... ?

This all feels a bit "Little House on the Prairie" BTW; "Alrighty, I'll be ready for bed just as soon as I put on my flannel nightgown and my sleep bonnet." :lol:

Sex-y! :lol-2:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And big nubby socks!

One aspect of my hair problem might come to an end with all this as there won't be as much... uh... "friction" going on at times given the new sleeping "wardrobe"! :cheeky:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
DAF4D6B0-2669-4BBC-9C6A-C2B7D346432D.jpeg My daughter is 10 and she puts her own hair up in a silk scarf at night. She looks so cute with it on and no knots in the morning.

Oh wow :appl:
No knotts
I never thought of that
i have really fine hair and knotts are terrible to get out
Thank you to your DD

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rotisserie chicken :lol::lol::lol:
Yup that's me too
i never thought about the knot on the scarf
Grew my fringe out years ago
All the girls at my high school had a fringe (bangs)
best thing i ever did

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow :appl:
No knotts
I never thought of that
i have really fine hair and knotts are terrible to get out
Thank you to your DD
I hope it works for you. Nice large silk scarves on Amazon (or satin would work).

Sometimes she puts a few bobby pins above her ears and at the nape of her neck.

She won’t wear one if she goes to a sleepover though :roll:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope it works for you. Nice large silk scarves on Amazon (or satin would work).

Sometimes she puts a few bobby pins above her ears and at the nape of her neck.

She won’t wear one if she goes to a sleepover though :roll:
:mrgreen2:
I had this toweling thing to dry hair
It was like a shower cap made from toweling - bright pink
My sister saw it and was disgusted
But now i wish she hadn't made me throw it out

Thanks for the bobby pin tip

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@deejay you and I wont recognize each other next time we meet. My hair is just a big longer than yours! I do a little low bun with a scrunched at night. Hate hair in my face.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Serously trying out the satin pillowcase thing
It is cooler which is nice but i woke up this morning and my hair for once, did not actually look like i had walked through a gorse bush in the night

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My hair is pulled back in a ponytail 99% of the time, and when bedtime comes, I slide the ponytail on top of my head. It knots up horribly otherwise, and is very warm when it's on my neck.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The caps have been delivered! I tried them both on and I'm honestly not sure how I'll ever get used to either one (they are different feeling despite being the same basic concept). I mean, if it's tight enough to stay on it's possibly/probably also tight enough to bug me... ? I guess time will tell! God knows if we all somehow managed to sleep through the 70s with those pokey rollers held in place with plastic spikes a silky cap with a forgiving elastic band should be a piece of cake, right?! I'm going to wash them first though, so tomorrow will be the first night of this little experiment.

I will say when I put the first one on the look on TR's face was priceless. He eventually was able to make a crack about how "hot" it was. The sarcasm was, shall we say, THICK. :lol:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh please do report back!! Not sure I can get used to a head wrap. The night guard and jaw strap (jaw surgery) is enough apparatus for me (and I am the DH!! :lol: ) It’s a damn ritual to put it all on and up!!

I do think satin pillow cases work wonders for keeping hair smooth while sleeping. It’s also better for hair breakage.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have pretty long hair (almost down to my butt now). I will either do a wrapped top knot/bun on the top of my head and clip it with one of those claw clips or an invisi-bobble type thing OR if it is loose, I flop it over the top of my pillow (so it's between the pillow and the headboard). I can't stand sleeping on my hair and I don't want any one else rolling over it either! Sometimes I will do a lazy side braid, but it makes my neck itchy. I find if I do the top knot correctly I get some nice bouncy waves in the AM too.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have pretty long hair (almost down to my butt now). I will either do a wrapped top knot/bun on the top of my head and clip it with one of those claw clips or an invisi-bobble type thing OR if it is loose, I flop it over the top of my pillow (so it's between the pillow and the headboard). I can't stand sleeping on my hair and I don't want any one else rolling over it either! Sometimes I will do a lazy side braid, but it makes my neck itchy. I find if I do the top knot correctly I get some nice bouncy waves in the AM too.

I hate rolling on it
that's the point where i cut it
you do well

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results