shape
carat
color
clarity

For those going through challenging times

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s a thread just for you. Lots of positive energy and healing vibes being sent your way. Please know you’re in our thoughts.

@MamaBee Greg and I are keeping Chris in our thoughts and prayers.

@Bayek big hugs and healing dust for your upcoming shoulder surgery. And lots of good wishes for smooth building of your new home.

@Begonia I know life is testing you and I’m sending so much good energy your way.

I’m sorry I’m leaving people out. If you feel like getting bucketloads of PS healing dust please add your name so we can send good energy your way. Tough times and many are going through things beyond Covid. As if Covid isn’t bad enough.

Sending everyone who needs and wants it a collective big (((hug))) and lots of good vibes.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this @missy
Sending good vibes to those mentioned above.

I’d like to send out a giant virtual hug to those parents (school staff too) who are grappling with the question of sending their children to school. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Such a thoughtful idea @missy

sending healing dust to all that mentioned above.

a friend of mine caught covid and he gave it inadvertently to his wife and baby girl. They’re now in quarantine at home with tons of meds. Although not sure what meds can the baby has. I’m asking for prayers for this family.

Thank you again @missy for such a lovely idea.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts to anyone who needs them during these challenging times.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding @whitewave. Sending positive thoughts for you and your friend as you recover from covid.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well and I hope your friend makes a full recovery.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Karl_K and @missy.

Another eye bleed last Wednesday. Never had one in my life, then that's 2 in 2 weeks. I don't think I'm handling the Plavix well. I'm covered in bruises - but also in hematomas. I've been having sharp headaches as well - which I have NEVER had - so I'm really concerned about cranial bleeds as well. Sometimes I'll be sitting in a lounge chair, and I'll see a bruise - then hematoma - come up, just as I'm sitting. Caused by nothing. I literally sit there and watch them come up. Having had a cardiac stent less than 3 months ago, tho, they're not prepared to take me off it. 6 months is a bare minimum, at which point I suspect they'll be WHIPPING me off it! I'll be thrilled to see it go; it's been a major problem from day 1. It wouldn't be so bad, if I wasn't also on another blood thinner for a-fib; the combo is difficult, to say the least. I look like a victim of domestic violence - no humor intended here. Whenever I go to see a dr or to hospital, they always take one look at me then ask me if I live alone. When I say I live with my husband, they always get this weird tone when they ask "And do you feel...safe...in your relationship?" I always feel so badly for my darling husband, who is the gentlest man in the world! I always say - "Yes, I do. But I'm on multiple blood thinners. It's the medical profession that's beating me up."

I wish the temperatures would cool a trifle. I can't go for walks when it's in the 90's, and I need to exercise, and walking with Tim is my favorite. Hopefully when I get back from LA (if I go - jury is still out on that one) the temps will have dropped a smidge. 5 degrees make all the difference, and a drop in overnight temps, especially, would be heaven! Tonight, we're having a low of 75. Yuck.

Hoping all you other health warriors are doing well! @Karl_K - how are you doing? How is your oxygen going? And @TooPatient - how are you and your hubby doing? @whitewave - are you feeling better? And @missy - I swear - I don't know where to start.... BIG hugs to you all! oxo

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Im sorry to hear things are still rough Mrs-b prayers are outgoing.
Praying for everyone else too.
Im doing better o2 is much more stable on usual o2 settings.
Cant walk as much as Id like due to the heat outside.
Way oversleeping lately but dont know why.
Have some bloodwork monday.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im sorry to hear things are still rough Mrs-b prayers are outgoing.
Praying for everyone else too.
Im doing better o2 is much more stable on usual o2 settings.
Cant walk as much as Id like due to the heat outside.
Way oversleeping lately but dont know why.
Have some bloodwork monday.

Pls let us know the results of your blood work, @Karl_K? And I'm SO pleased your O2 readings have improved! What a relief!

I hear you on the heat and not going outside. Tim and I went for a walk this evening and, when we got home, I said "Please don't ever let m e do that again!" We were both covered with sweat and very uncomfortable.

I hope the blood tests give you some good results, and that the oversleeping either resolves, or just turns out to be a good thing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're hanging in there. I'm really tired. DH is still on leave. Going to try doing 4 hours per day starting 8/10. Whole company is work from home so that is maybe manageable. He runs out of short term disability at the end of August so we need to do something. Been living on 70% pay just fine, but it drops to something like 50% after the end of August so that would be a stretch. His oxygen is mostly doing okay unless he gets too ambitious and tries to sit at his computer too long or does something around the house more than just minimal.

He's managing 3-4 hours per day at a computer so it is hopefully doable. I am hoping it helps him mentally too. He doesn't like just sitting around.

I'm sure there is more. Started typing this reply hours ago. Got distracted with something smelling of burning in the house. All turned out okay. Found the issue (paper jam in printer unnoticed for 48+ hours) and addressed before anything actually caught fire. Cats are a bit mad as I shoved them all in carriers to prepare to evacuate the house if needed. Working at just relaxing now.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K Thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that the results of your bloodwork are all within normal range.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Karl_K Thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that the results of your bloodwork are all within normal range.
Thanks it was just a a1c I was under the impression they were doing more but that was all that was ordered.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks it was just a a1c I was under the impression they were doing more but that was all that was ordered.

I'm glad they left some blood for the mosquitos and vampires :D

If it turns out you are pre-diabetic or diabetic, please please consider talking with your doc about intermittent fasting/time restricted eating as a control for the disease. Jason Fung, who wrote The Diabetes Code, specializes in diabetes management and hundreds of his patients have gone into remission and off their meds using the fasting approach. Better than filling your body with drugs that come with their own set of problems.

I hope your test comes back normal.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b big (((hugs))) to you. It sounds like Plavix might be the culprit of the eye bleeds. I am so sorry. There is no respite at times. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you all well. It sucks. But you are handling it all with grace under pressure.I hope today is a good day and that each day becomes better and better.

@Karl_K I hope your HgA1C is stable and at a good number and that your oxygen saturation is good too. And I hope your energy levels increase and you start feeling much better very soon. Keeping good thoughts for you and your wife too.

@TooPatient I hope you and your DH are doing better and continue to improve. And that you are relaxing and taking care of yourself too. Hugs to you.

@whitewave how are you feeling today? Hoping you are feeling stronger each day and also that your friend's son keeps improving.

Hope everyone is doing as well as possible and hanging in there. One day and when need be, one hour at a time.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b big (((hugs))) to you. It sounds like Plavix might be the culprit of the eye bleeds. I am so sorry. There is no respite at times. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you all well. It sucks. But you are handling it all with grace under pressure.I hope today is a good day and that each day becomes better and better.

@Karl_K I hope your HgA1C is stable and at a good number and that your oxygen saturation is good too. And I hope your energy levels increase and you start feeling much better very soon. Keeping good thoughts for you and your wife too.

@TooPatient I hope you and your DH are doing better and continue to improve. And that you are relaxing and taking care of yourself too. Hugs to you.

@whitewave how are you feeling today? Hoping you are feeling stronger each day and also that your friend's son keeps improving.

Hope everyone is doing as well as possible and hanging in there. One day and when need be, one hour at a time.

I second all of this. Here here!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sending hugs and prayers to everyone during this scary, unstable time. Wishing those of you who are suffering with health issues quick healing/relief. And peace of mind/heart to everyone else.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
@missy my employer needs prayers. 7 of our employees (my co-workers) have tested positive of covid-19.

This sends my anxiety sky high because we have been working-from-home and they’re still getting infected.

Also, we have to report their names to the health officials here in Los Angeles. This makes it even nerve-wrecking.

This 7 employees have been self-quarantine at home and will continue to do so until the next 2 weeks or even more.

Please be careful out there everyone.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy my employer needs prayers. 7 of our employees (my co-workers) have tested positive of covid-19.

This sends my anxiety sky high because we have been working-from-home and they’re still getting infected.

Also, we have to report their names to the health officials here in Los Angeles. This makes it even nerve-wrecking.

This 7 employees have been self-quarantine at home and will continue to do so until the next 2 weeks or even more.

Please be careful out there everyone.

@joelly sending bucketloads of healing dust your employer's (and all the affected employees) way. And always keeping good thoughts for you. It is very scary.

Mini vent: In our area there is a new infection wave. Foolish teens had a party and over 30 are now infected with Covid and this AM I just heard on the news there is an infection on LBI in 2 adjoining towns where 20 lifeguards are infected due to attending 2 parties. Unbelievable right? Why are people attending parties now?

Sending you and your coworkers lots of healing dust and well wishes. Hang in there. One day at a time. ((((Hugs)))).

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having a rough day. My husband is in an eastern european country for a week. The locals there are wearing masks, the "tourists" are not. If he gets sick there, I can't even say this. I'm worried I'll never see him again. They don't have great hospitals there, the death rate is 20% from covid. I just want him to be able to come home.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having a rough day. My husband is in an eastern european country for a week. The locals there are wearing masks, the "tourists" are not. If he gets sick there, I can't even say this. I'm worried I'll never see him again. They don't have great hospitals there, the death rate is 20% from covid. I just want him to be able to come home.

Lyra, I’m so sorry your DH is away in Eastern Europe for the week and that you’re concerned. Anyone would be. Sending you gentle hugs and your DH good luck vibes. May he remain safe and return to you 100% well. (((Hugs))).

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@lyra prayers outgoing.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well a1c was a 8 not that surprising, upped the glipizide a bit.
Can't do fasting diets because of blood thinners.
Many things that are good and low sugar(all greens) are also high in vitamin k which interferes with blood thinners so it is a real pita.
Buts its my fault to much garbage food.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
@joelly sending bucketloads of healing dust your employer's (and all the affected employees) way. And always keeping good thoughts for you. It is very scary.

Mini vent: In our area there is a new infection wave. Foolish teens had a party and over 30 are now infected with Covid and this AM I just heard on the news there is an infection on LBI in 2 adjoining towns where 20 lifeguards are infected due to attending 2 parties. Unbelievable right? Why are people attending parties now?

Sending you and your coworkers lots of healing dust and well wishes. Hang in there. One day at a time. ((((Hugs)))).

Thank you so much.

Yeah people can be so foolish.

I have created some changes in the way things done at work. These changes will allow people to stay home and still complete their work. Just received the blessings from the bosses.

My anxiety level shots high as this hits so very close to the heart. Coworkers or colleagues who spent many hrs together become family.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results