shape
carat
color
clarity

for the liberal members

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
in case you haven''t seen this. pretty much sums up my frustration of the last 8 years and the problems with deregulation, corporate greed, and the latest transfer of wealth so that banks can pay dividends to shareholders and bonuses to the jerks that got us into this financial mess in the first place. not going to get into a debate with anyone re any of it, but i do want to share this article on the eve of what may be the most important election of my life time:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-cusack/no-currency-left-to-buy-t_b_140250.html

yeah, he''s an angry white man.......but he''s articulate with his anger!

movie zombie

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
John Cusack. I haven''t read it yet, but I will in a little bit.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just read that! Who knew he had it in him?!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Whoa...

I''ve loved Cusack since I was er, I dunno, 10? I always said I was going to marry him. It was a running joke among my friends, I heart John Cusack. But that was just because I thought he was gorgeous and I loved his movies. Now, my god, I love his mind! I may have to leave DH! LOL

Really, who knew?? I mean, he even named dropped Fukuyama!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
i posted in the celeb crush thread that John Cusack totally "does it for me"

reading his blog just reinforces that thought...
30.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 10:48:25 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
i posted in the celeb crush thread that John Cusack totally ''does it for me''

30.gif

Oh man...does it for me doesn''t begin to describe hahaha. I didn''t realize he written several times for HuffPost, I need to catch up! I''m still amazed that I''ve crushed on him all this time not knowing his interests. I need to be more of a fanatic so I can know these things! Big brain alert! *drool*

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 10:51:58 PM
Author: MoonWater

Date: 11/3/2008 10:48:25 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
i posted in the celeb crush thread that John Cusack totally ''does it for me''

30.gif

Oh man...does it for me doesn''t begin to describe hahaha. I didn''t realize he written several times for HuffPost, I need to catch up! I''m still amazed that I''ve crushed on him all this time not knowing his interests. I need to be more of a fanatic so I can know these things! Big brain alert! *drool*
Neither did I Moon! just found out now when I did a bit of research on JC and saw the moveon ad I posted above

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love him!! He's just gets IT . I adore him.
30.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
"So define the big lie: free marketers want free markets. Not so, the facts say. They are the biggest welfare freaks on the planet."

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
alright, we need a pic lol

CuteCusack.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 11:02:43 PM
HOT!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 11:04:40 PM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 11/3/2008 11:02:43 PM

HOT!!

I know right! DH has those lashes too *swoon*

panda08

Brilliant_Rock

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ladies, i had no idea! i''m glad i posted this! i''ve been reading his posts at huffington for awhile now and he''s a very bright and articulate as well as HOT man.......just like i like them. anyone else see his film WAR, INC.?

movie zombie

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen War, Inc yet but it''s officially on the list. I haven''t had much leisure time for films but I was collecting Cusack films for a while there, I think I need to pick up that habit again!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
The first movie I saw John Cusack play the lead....I ended up watching at least 20 times. I love that guy. I am so surprised he wrote this. I never saw the political side of him. I like that he didn''t actually even endorse Obama. I think it took "two to tango" in the collapse of the market dominance and bailout. It was both parties, either actively or passively.

But anyway, Rock on John Cusack. Very well written.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 11:16:23 PM
Author: movie zombie
ladies, i had no idea! i''m glad i posted this! i''ve been reading his posts at huffington for awhile now and he''s a very bright and articulate as well as HOT man.......just like i like them. anyone else see his film WAR, INC.?

movie zombie
War, Inc is simply brilliant. I wrote an extensive term paper on the military industrial complex as it relates to political theory [Arendt, if anyone is interested] and I drew pretty heavily from the film. The guy is brilliant.

Miracles- You hit the nail on the head there. I wouldn''t pause for a second before saying that one of the two major political parties has played the dominant role in the de-regulation of markets, etc, but Obama''s essentially neoliberal policies are one reason why I do not support him 100%. The Democrats are all wrapped up in it, and I just can''t get behind that.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''d rather talk movies. everyone: please don''t take it personal but there are enough threads in which i can read about why pricescopers are voting or not voting for another candidate. i posted this article as it is a super articulation of how i feel and think. i should have said, though, that it reflected my opinion not just for the last 8 years but rather for the last 8 years and more....which would have been more accurate and inclusive. JC didn''t push for one candidate or another and he didn''t say who he was voting for or not voting for....and i''d rather not have this thread go that way.

JC was in some other movies that i liked: MAX, CRADLE WILL ROCK, and of course, HIGH FIDELITY and BEING JOHN MALKOVICH. the first two are political in subtext and interesting: MAX set in germany between both world wars and CRADLE in NYC during the depression. said another way, they''re both set between the 2 world wars and during the world depression! silly me! odd how typing something can make the obvious, well, obvious.

movie zombie

ps i''m sick of this election.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
He''s just great.

One of my all time favorite movies is Better Off Dead.

1408 was good too--he does a bang up job.

...and I loved Being John Malkovich, High Fidelity, and many many more!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Coati!! Yay!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 3:50:06 PM
Author: coatimundi
He''s just great.

LOVED 1408!!!
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 4:12:12 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

He''s just great.

LOVED 1408!!!
30.gif

an existential nightmare! I thought it was well done. I have subsequently felt a little paranoid in hotel rooms, but I have an overactive imagination.
3.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 4:22:52 PM

Date: 11/4/2008 4:12:12 PM

He''s just great.

LOVED 1408!!!
30.gif

an existential nightmare! I thought it was well done. I have subsequently felt a little paranoid in hotel rooms, but I have an overactive imagination.
3.gif
OMG, I hear ya!!!
23.gif
32.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh...John Cusack for prez! Loved him ever since Better Off Dead! And he''s smart!

He was in my out-of-the-way part of LA filming ''Must Love Dogs'' (I know, not one of the better ones!) a few years ago, and I literally passed him in the street one night coming out of a restaurant with DH. He''s TALL. I didn''t say anything to him, but we totally made eye contact...and DH completely failed to register who it was until I said "Did you see who that was???"

/end squee

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 7:52:25 PM
Author: Selkie
Ohhh...John Cusack for prez! Loved him ever since Better Off Dead! And he''s smart!

He was in my out-of-the-way part of LA filming ''Must Love Dogs'' (I know, not one of the better ones!) a few years ago, and I literally passed him in the street one night coming out of a restaurant with DH. He''s TALL. I didn''t say anything to him, but we totally made eye contact...and DH completely failed to register who it was until I said ''Did you see who that was???''

/end squee
SUEEEEEE!!! Selkie, I think I would have passed out right there in the street!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 7:53:32 PM

He was in my out-of-the-way part of LA filming ''Must Love Dogs'' (I know, not one of the better ones!) a few years ago, and I literally passed him in the street one night coming out of a restaurant with DH. He''s TALL. I didn''t say anything to him, but we totally made eye contact...and DH completely failed to register who it was until I said ''Did you see who that was???''

/end squee
SUEEEEEE!!! Selkie, I think I would have passed out right there in the street!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Miss reading your posts Selkie! hope you are doing awesome over there on the left coast!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 10:31:01 PM
Author: swimmer
Date: 11/4/2008 7:53:32 PM

/end squee
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Miss reading your posts Selkie! hope you are doing awesome over there on the left coast!

Doing awesomer and awesomer as the results come in!!
3.gif

We''re buying a house, so I haven''t been around PS too much. Maybe I''ll start a thread on it once we''re a little closer to closing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results