shape
carat
color
clarity

For Rae~: Pics of Gatsby

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, Rae~!

Here are some more pictures of me in the Gatsby dress. There is a mix of pro and non-pro pics, and I tried to find some that would show you the length of the train, which I did not alter, and pictures that should give you a sense of how the ivory w/pewter accents looks in different lights.

A few things that might be helpful to note... I wore a trumpet slip under my dress, b/c I felt that without it, the dress just fell a bit too straight. I thought the slip helped accentuate the A-line cut on me. I found it extremely comfortable, although it took me awhile to get used to the feel of a corset. It was light and easy to move around in, which I liked.

The sample I tried on was the champagned with pewter accents, so I never saw the ivory only option. I liked the thought of a little extra sparkle, so I went with the ivory with pewter.

dress in sunlight.jpg

back of dress close up.jpg

nonpro sparkle.jpg

nonpro back of dress.jpg

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few more. Hope this helps.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Good luck!

back of dress angled.JPG

lobby.JPG

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not Rae, but oh it's so pretty...that first pic with the train ::swoon::

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Me either, but I love that dress.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I love how much it sparkles!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that dress is stunning! :love:

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Thank you SO MUCH, CurlySue - those pics are exactly what I hoped for, i.e. the dress in different lights etc. You are a champ!!

And thanks for the tips/extra info. I will definitely try it on with a trumpet slip as well, to see which I prefer. It certainly looked spectacular on you. :love:

I too could only see the Champagne with Pewter version in the store, and even then it was already on hold for someone so I couldn't actually try it on, just hold it up against me. So I'm flying blind a little. The funny thing is, I saved theyour pics into my inspiration folder back when you first posted them and then last week, before I went dress shopping, I picked out about 8-10 pics of my favourite dresses from that folder. After I saw the Gatsby in the store, I went home to revisit those top pics, and realised that the Gatsby was actually one of them. So I guess I really do like it! :D

I do have some more questions, if it's OK.... :oops:

Did you do a first dance, or any dancing? In which case, what did you do with the train while you were dancing? Did you bustle it at all? (I can't imagine even how one *would* bustle this dress?!?) Or did you add a wrist strap or anything?

Did you have any issues with sitting in it (i.e. with the boning)?

When you say that you chose the the IwPewter version for the extra sparkle, does that mean the Ivory Only version has no beading? I assumed the only difference btwn the two Ivory versions would be the colour of the thread used to attach the clear beading. (I should be asking the dress store these questions, I know...sorry!)

I really appreciate your help - thank you very much!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again! Sorry for the delayed response - I was out of town this weekend.

Thank you for all the lovely comments about my dress. I love it, but I'm biased. :bigsmile:

Rae~, here are some answers to your questions...

I danced a LOT - pretty much all night! The dress did have a bustle - I've attached two pictures so you can see it. If you look at the pictures I posted in the initial post in this thread, find the one that shows the close up of the back. You can see three small buttons just below the bottom of the corset. There were three hooks in the lace that pulled the sheer train up to those buttons. Then there were five (I think) buttons on the inside of the satin, so the satin folded under and up to shorten that up. Hope that makes sense. It was super easy, once my bridesmaids found the hooks in the lace.

I didn't add a wrist strap or anything - you can probably tell from the pictures taken outside that I basically just slung the train over my arm while the dress was unbustled and we were walking around before the ceremony. I bustled the dress immediately after the ceremony.

Initially, I found it awkward to sit, mainly b/c my sister tied the corset REALLY tight (I asked for it!). But it loosened up as the night went on, so by the time we made it to the reception it wasn't too bad. I definitely thought it took a little getting used to, but I also LOVED having a corset. It did wonders for my waistline, kept my "girls" in place all night (sorry if this is TMI, but I'm a DD and normally feel very unsupported in a strapless dress; with cups sewn in and the corset, I was fine), and I also felt it gave me a little flexibility with my weight (re: alterations).

Your question about the beading with the ivory only dress is a good one. Now that you bring that up, you are probably right to assume that all the versions of the dress have the beading and that the difference is only in the stitching on the lace. I'd ask the bridal shop, because I really don't know. Sorry!

bustled.jpg

bustled dance.jpg

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Once again, CurlySue, thank you so very much for taking the time to answer my questions, *and* post more pics. It has really helped reassure me that the dress should look as I am thinking it will, given that I can't actually see it in person.

I am going in today to talk to the dressmaker about whether she could make a (lace?) bolero to match/complement the dress, since I doubt strapless/thin straps will look any good on me. I will check with her then about the differences between the IwPewter and the Ivory Only versions. I am going to have to make a decision shortly on whether this is going to be The Dress, as it's already a short time frame. Argh, decisions!

The pics of the bustle look great so at least I know I have that option. I always imagine dresses would be easier to sit in WITHOUT a bustle, but most people seem to say otherwise. I guess I'll find out!

Cheers and thanks again. :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous dress; you look so beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results