shape
carat
color
clarity

For people with multiple engagement rings, bands..etc...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I acquired a few more engagement type rings, bands, earrings, etc. I’m wondering how often you rotate your jewelry..Do you wear one engagement ring for a week and then rotate? How often do you change your bands? Earrings? @mrs-b I would be VERY interested how you rotate all your rings..There must be a method!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were you, or indeed @mrs-b I would just rock the lot, Mr T style :sun:

I don’t have rings to rotate into my wedding set - what you see is what you get. I’m glad really, as I hate to have to make jewellery decisions & just leave the dailies on (wedding set, studs & pendant). I have a hard time coming to terms with a RH ring combination, which is enough brain ache for me. But you are a very lucky lady with all of your choices - I guess if I were you I would shower, get dressed, do my makeup & then open my jewellery box to see what grabs my attention for that day.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I were you, or indeed @mrs-b I would just rock the lot, Mr T style :sun:

I don’t have rings to rotate into my wedding set - what you see is what you get. I’m glad really, as I hate to have to make jewellery decisions & just leave the dailies on (wedding set, studs & pendant). I have a hard time coming to terms with a RH ring combination, which is enough brain ache for me. But you are a very lucky lady with all of your choices - I guess if I were you I would shower, get dressed, do my makeup & then open my jewellery box to see what grabs my attention for that day.
Thanks @Alex T This is a new thing for me because I only had one ring..Now I have a few choices but I don’t have a safe..so keep them all separated in little baggies...in a roll up pouch so not easy to get to ....:boohoo:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Mamabean :wavey:

No real method. Mostly, I coordinate for color and 'dress level'. For instance, if I'm wearing sweats, I will wear a plain band. I love my plain bands, so this never feels like a come-down to me. I purposely bought bands I really liked, as I knew I'd be wearing them a lot, and they're amongst my favorite rings.

As for color - if I'm wearing black or grey, I'll wear platinum. If I wear brown, then yellow or rose gold. If I'm wearing something with a fair bit of detail, I'll wear pearls. If I want a statement piece, I'll go with bigger earrings, normally drops.

The rings I wear the most, tho, are my diamond 3 stone, and the plain, narrow gold band made to go with it. I love those rings! :)) I add bangles depending on whether I feel like it; my bangles are a casual look, so don't look overdressed with any of my pieces.

The bigger the piece, the more formal the event. But none of my pieces are saved only for black tie or anything that formal, so I have regular times and places where I can wear any of my pieces.

But almost always, what jewelry I wear is dictated by my clothes. My ruby and diamond 5 stone, for instance, is the only rose gold ring I have that is 'dressy' (ie has diamonds or gems in it). So if I want to wear rose gold, and I'm leaving the house and dressing half way decently, the choice is pretty clear. If I wear green - it's always my opal. If I'm wearing 'black and dressy' - my cluster set - ring, pendant and earrings. I have a new AVR ring coming, which is very girly, so spring and a dress will always see me reach for that. I am also getting a new diamond solitaire, so I can wear a casual diamond ring without having to go the full Monty. But gym, shopping, gardening etc - always a band. And at night - nothing.

I've been switching up rings all my adult life, so I treat them in the same way I'd treat a handbag or shoes; it's just one more accessory, so pick what matches the event and the outfit.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @Mamabean :wavey:

No real method. Mostly, I coordinate for color and 'dress level'. For instance, if I'm wearing sweats, I will wear a plain band. I love my plain bands, so this never feels like a come-down to me. I purposely bought bands I really liked, as I knew I'd be wearing them a lot, and they're amongst my favorite rings.

As for color - if I'm wearing black or grey, I'll wear platinum. If I wear brown, then yellow or rose gold. If I'm wearing something with a fair bit of detail, I'll wear pearls. If I want a statement piece, I'll go with bigger earrings, normally drops.

The rings I wear the most, tho, are my diamond 3 stone, and the plain, narrow gold band made to go with it. I love those rings! :)) I add bangles depending on whether I feel like it; my bangles are a casual look, so don't look overdressed with any of my pieces.

The bigger the piece, the more formal the event. But none of my pieces are saved only for black tie or anything that formal, so I have regular times and places where I can wear any of my pieces.

But almost always, what jewelry I wear is dictated by my clothes. My ruby and diamond 5 stone, for instance, is the only rose gold ring I have that is 'dressy' (ie has diamonds or gems in it). So if I want to wear rose gold, and I'm leaving the house and dressing half way decently, the choice is pretty clear. If I wear green - it's always my opal. If I'm wearing 'black and dressy' - my cluster set - ring, pendant and earrings. I have a new AVR ring coming, which is very girly, so spring and a dress will always see me reach for that. I am also getting a new diamond solitaire, so I can wear a casual diamond ring without having to go the full Monty. But gym, shopping, gardening etc - always a band. And at night - nothing.

I've been switching up rings all my adult life, so I treat them in the same way I'd treat a handbag or shoes; it's just one more accessory, so pick what matches the event and the outfit.
Thank you @mrs-b! :wavey: Wow! New rings are coming?! When did this happen?! I can’t wait to see them!
You make it sound easy...I think I just need to find a better way to store them and it will be easier...If you saw all the little baggies in my pouch you would laugh...I think I need to get more organized..:think:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never had a separate engagement ring and wedding band. I've always had a larger, thicker engagement/wedding ring, so I only wear one ring on my left hand. I have two of those. A larger MRB (I tend to wear on more special occasions) and an emerald cut I wear most of the time. I also sometimes wear my mom or Grandmother's rings. I plan on combing them for a right hand ring so I can wear them more often. As for right hand rings, I tend to choose and coordinate based on my outfit/color.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have what I consider my "real" set which is the engagement ring from hubby and the wedding band I bought to coordinate with his. I wear this one most often. If I want to dress down, not call attention, or have only white metal I wear my travel set which is a vintage solitaire setting w/ an <unmentionable> and a tiara band. Those two I usually keep in close reach, everything else is tucked away. If I want to be colorful I wear my birthstone ring (purple) or tourmaline ring (pink) with one of my bands. Some days I just wear my wedding band. Many days I don't wear any rings. Usually dictated by a combination of outfit, activity, and location.

Earrings I have 2 sets that are "everyday" and a few that are for more dressy occasions which I match to the outfit. The everyday ones stay in close reach, the rest stay tucked away.

Not part of the original question but for necklaces I have a pendant I wear frequently and a few others I wear for work or dressing up. Same thing as before, the pendant if not on me is in close reach, the others are put away. I hardly wear bracelets but have a few which I'll wear occasionally if I feel like having more "embellishment" =) they're not fancy but a couple are sentimental.

I would like to put together sets of all the basics in white / yellow / rose (wedding set, small hoops, small pendant, and maybe a bracelet) but I think even then I'd gravitate towards one set over the others and would keep the rest put away which means I'd probably rotate less...

What are you thinking your system is going to be, @Mamabean ? =D

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wear whatever fits my day and what I’m
in the mood for. If I’m at work I wear mostly bands and stack them. When I’m going somewhere where I don’t want to be too flashy I wear a smaller set. I was in Miami last month and wore my pear while I was there. This week I’ve been wearing my larger ACA.
I do usually try to match my rings with my earrings, bracelet and necklace/pendant. So if I’m wearing rose gold, I wear accessories with rose gold, etc. Also, I only bring one set when I go on vacation.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have what I consider my "real" set which is the engagement ring from hubby and the wedding band I bought to coordinate with his. I wear this one most often. If I want to dress down, not call attention, or have only white metal I wear my travel set which is a vintage solitaire setting w/ an <unmentionable> and a tiara band. Those two I usually keep in close reach, everything else is tucked away. If I want to be colorful I wear my birthstone ring (purple) or tourmaline ring (pink) with one of my bands. Some days I just wear my wedding band. Many days I don't wear any rings. Usually dictated by a combination of outfit, activity, and location.

Earrings I have 2 sets that are "everyday" and a few that are for more dressy occasions which I match to the outfit. The everyday ones stay in close reach, the rest stay tucked away.

Not part of the original question but for necklaces I have a pendant I wear frequently and a few others I wear for work or dressing up. Same thing as before, the pendant if not on me is in close reach, the others are put away. I hardly wear bracelets but have a few which I'll wear occasionally if I feel like having more "embellishment" =) they're not fancy but a couple are sentimental.

I would like to put together sets of all the basics in white / yellow / rose (wedding set, small hoops, small pendant, and maybe a bracelet) but I think even then I'd gravitate towards one set over the others and would keep the rest put away which means I'd probably rotate less...

What are you thinking your system is going to be, @Mamabean ? =D
I have absolutely no idea...:lol:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep my jewelry in a safe deposit box. For more expensive pieces, I rotate once or twice a month, depending on how much time I have to make a bank run. I switch up my RHR to whatever I happen to fancy, and bring out the really special items if I have an event like a wedding.

Inexpensive jewelry live at home and are also switched out based on my whim.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my 1ct solitaire ER and my 3-stone ring plus 42 bands. I rotate a lot. Probably never wear same thing for more than 2 days. Since I damaged my sapphires and had to have Jerry recut them, I’m more careful wearing my 3 stone. Other than my gym I wear my rings 24/7

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@motownmama -

When were they recut? I saw a re-set a while back, but didn't know you'd recut. Is it ok now? (...and a photo wouldn't be horrible either...just saying...) :mrgreen:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my one ering and wear that all the time with my close enough to matching eternity. It’s interesting cause I have other stacking bands but I am most comfortable with these two. And my 2+ carat studs. That’s my day in and day out. The only things I change are my bracelets which I will always have one on. Sometimes I will wear a necklace or pendant and sometimes not. What I never do is try to match anything. Everything I wear daily is platinum so inherently it will never clash. Bracelets may be white gold. If I really wanna go crazy I may add yellow or rose gold but only if I’m feeling really rebellious. LOL!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have my 1ct solitaire ER and my 3-stone ring plus 42 bands. I rotate a lot. Probably never wear same thing for more than 2 days. Since I damaged my sapphires and had to have Jerry recut them, I’m more careful wearing my 3 stone. Other than my gym I wear my rings 24/7
Wow! Forty-two bands! I bow to you! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have my one ering and wear that all the time with my close enough to matching eternity. It’s interesting cause I have other stacking bands but I am most comfortable with these two. And my 2+ carat studs. That’s my day in and day out. The only things I change are my bracelets which I will always have one on. Sometimes I will wear a necklace or pendant and sometimes not. What I never do is try to match anything. Everything I wear daily is platinum so inherently it will never clash. Bracelets may be white gold. If I really wanna go crazy I may add yellow or rose gold but only if I’m feeling really rebellious. LOL!!
That’s what I did @LLJsmom before I purchased my cushion halo and antique cluster ring. Then.....I also purchased an AV emerald cut moissanite and two other unmentionables..which are engagement type rings. So I have a few engagement type rings...and I have a band addiction with two or three coming in the next two weeks..and I already had a lot of bands..I wear my 3.04 studs pretty much every day but then I feel quilty about the other earrings I have and don’t wear...so I’ve been trying to rotate them..but not much color except for a few pieces....I’m banning myself again...because I’ve been bad..very bad..:shifty:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @mrs-b! :wavey: Wow! New rings are coming?! When did this happen?!

I have a 3 stone with 7.4mm yellow sapphire in the center, with 5mm cushions either side coming. Then a small flower ring with my .64ct AVR in the center. A 'cobblestone' charm in yellow gold, covered with OECs. A platinum soli with a 1.4ct diamond in the center. Then I'm getting my 7 stone ring reset. I've lost 40 lbs, and it flies off my hand with the slightest movement these days. I might tweak 2 other things as well, but, apart from that, I'm done for this year.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a 3 stone with 7.4mm yellow sapphire in the center, with 5mm cushions either side coming. Then a small flower ring with my .64ct AVR in the center. A 'cobblestone' charm in yellow gold, covered with OECs. A platinum soli with a 1.4ct diamond in the center. Then I'm getting my 7 stone ring reset. I've lost 40 lbs, and it flies off my hand with the slightest movement these days. I might tweak 2 other things as well, but, apart from that, I'm done for this year.
Wow about all your pretties but 40lbs! PLEASE tell me how you did it! I need to lose weight badly!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
The new one goes on the left hand and the old one moved over to the right hand.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow about all your pretties but 40lbs! PLEASE tell me how you did it! I need to lose weight badly!

No sugar, no junk food, portion control, daily exercise. No secrets to it - it's the old fashioned way.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No sugar, no junk food, portion control, daily exercise. No secrets to it - it's the old fashioned way.
I’m trying but I’m not getting very far...I’m losing like ounces a day..How long did it take you if you don’t mind me asking..

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean -

I haven't gone at it very hard, to be honest. And I took a full month off over Christmas when I had guests from Australia staying with me and...er...pigged out, to be honest...

But all things averaging out - I've been losing about a lb a week, so have been meandering down since about mid August last year. I'm pretty self disciplined when I decide I want to be or need to be, so I expect to keep going for a while yet. Ideally, I'd like to lose another 17 lbs. We'll see.

Reactions: AV_

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have go tos but rarely wear the same thing two days in a row. I match to clothes, usually, and then activity for the day. Some clothes go better with white metals and some with yellow! I don’t have pierced ears and have freakishly small wrists so it’s just rings and necklaces for me. My collection isn’t huge or jaw dropping but I have enough variety to mix it up. And I have some rings sized for my larger right hand but I really do prefer to wear rings only on my left hand so I find that they end up there. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear the AVR in my avatar picture and Tiffany Legacy band almost all the time (just out of habit and that one is insured). I take out the antique asscher ring to wear occasionally and wear it mainly with the Legacy band, although I do think about getting some other kind of band to go with that one. My other rings are sized for my right hand, but I kind of wish I had sized the Casablanca with the light yellow stone for my left ring finger, because I just prefer rings on that hand.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your post and was curious to read the replies. Sometimes I fantasize about selling all my rhr’s and bands to fund an emerald cut ering. Sigh. It would take a lot of effort but the funds would be there. But I don’t think that I could pull the trigger. Hopefully more people chime in!

Reactions: AV_

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear my engagement ring because it’s my favourite ring. I do swap bands around with it.
My “day to day” choices are my RH rings and I have way too many. I go through phases and will wear 1 or 2 of them continually for a few weeks. Same with necklaces. I have a few that are everyday wearing, others only for out.
My opal ring, aquamarine ring and emerald ring are special occasion rings as they are not for clunking about with. I also have some antique rings that I save for occasional wear as well.
I have over 50 watches. Yep. These I do rotate weekly. Some are also more “special occasion”. Right now I’m in love with my newly acquired Apple Watch. Prior to that it was my Joe Rodeo diamond encrusted Watch. My fun watches include ring watches, pendant watches, brooch watches and I even have an Art Deco handbag set with a Watch. I have a selection of Borel rotating dial vintage watches plus a number of “peek a boo” watches.
Love watches :love:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I would have more wedding rings if I didn’t like a wide finger spread. There’s only so much you can do with a size 3.75 finger. :| I do rotate the right hand rings and earrings, though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have more wedding rings if I didn’t like a wide finger spread. There’s only so much you can do with a size 3.75 finger. :| I do rotate the right hand rings and earrings, though.

Oooh I am super jealous...what an amazing finger size :kiss2:. I would so love to have lady fingers :kiss: vs the man hands I have. And I would gladly give up stacking. Think of how much larger diamonds look on smaller fingers! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results