shape
carat
color
clarity

For Kimikocat: Pics of my sparkly time in Berkeley!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kimikocat!

First off, I want to thank you for recommending M. Lowe. It made my trip to Berkeley so much sweeter!!

Ever since you mentioned it I've always wanted to visit this store...when I finally got there I was not disappointed. I didn't realize they had so many quality estate pieces. Was also surprised to learn they have a jeweler on site - I was impressed by his designs.

Finally, here are some pics of my trip to M. Lowe!

First up: Estate Pieces

Deco ring with an OEC (about 1 and a quarter carats). The warmth on this was subtle and the stone was very inviting! Not sure if this was a mans or a womans ring, but it did fit on my thumb.

LIB_forKimi_020.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
A 2+ carat OMC, the biggest OMC I've ever seen and a lovely creamy white color The setting on this one really complemented the stone; it kind of reminds me of LM - very dainty. The culet looks off center in the pic, but it's not IRL. This particular diamond offered kozibe and sparkle aplenty!

LIB_forKimi_017.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Here''s some presence for ya - French cut sapphires and beautiful filigree. Hubby thought the designs on the side resembled stars of david. Care to guess a weight on the OEC?

LIB_forKimi_013sm.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Some Bands...

I was looking at some bands to stacki and the SA (who is their pearl stringer) suggested these. Liked the one on top; not crazy about the bottom one. What do you think?

LIB_forKimi_014sm.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Of course, some Van Craeynest! (You know I had to!)

Recognize this one?

LIB_forKimi_012.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''ll give you a hint
9.gif

LIB_forKimi_011.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
At first I thought this was 1034, but it''s actually 1038 (fleur-de-lis head, diamonds nessled in leaf tapers...
18.gif
)

LIB_forKimi_022c.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I spent a lot of time with this one. YUM!

LIB_forKimi_022.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Onto the Yellows!

Here are the bezeled pear sidestones I was talking about. I think their in-house jeweler designed this one. The pears were the lightest lemony yellow!
30.gif

LIB_forKimi_ 019.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I saw this and instantly thought of you. Another in house design - a very well-done semi-bezel. Platinum setting with a satin finish. The profile was perfectly elegant. It was the sweetest little radiant, a beautiful and dreamy yellow...

LIB_forKimi_015.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
This one didn't look green or grey at all in the store. The whitebalance was definitely off on my camera for this one
7.gif
. We'll need to take a trip together so we can appreciate the yellows in person
10.gif

LIB_forKimi_021.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
That's all for now - Have a lovely weekend Kimikocat! Hopefully we'll talk soon
2.gif

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
lovely

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/22/2009 1:53:28 AM
Author: Love in Bloom

I saw this and instantly thought of you. Another in house design - a very well-done semi-bezel. Platinum setting with a satin finish. The profile was perfectly elegant. It was the sweetest little radiant, a beautiful and dreamy yellow...
Yum! This is my favourite. I love the yellow and the sleek setting.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Hello LIB!

I''m so glad that you enjoyed your visit to M Lowe. Margo (the M of M Lowe) has a fun shop, and she has a great eye for estate pieces. I think she works with a dealer network to acquire them. Did you get a chance to check out Aura Jewelers, around the corner (next to Peet''s)? The owner there specializes in estate and antique pieces, with some random gemstone strands thrown into the mix.

I bought my very first piece of "fine jewelry" here when I was still an undergrad at Berkeley! The piece was made in bali -- Margo seems to do a lot of sourcing overseas -- but the on-site jeweler had the opportunity to resize the ring from a 7 (standard sample size?) to a 4. Yikes. hehe.

Their in-house designs seem very organic to me. They remind me a little of Melissa Joy Manning.

kimi

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/22/2009 1:28:14 AM

A 2+ carat OMC, the biggest OMC I''ve ever seen and a lovely creamy white color The setting on this one really complemented the stone; it kind of reminds me of LM - very dainty. The culet looks off center in the pic, but it''s not IRL. This particular diamond offered kozibe and sparkle aplenty!

I''ve tried this one on! I love OMCs!!!

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/22/2009 1:56:57 AM

This one didn''t look green or grey at all in the store. The whitebalance was definitely off on my camera for this one
7.gif
. We''ll need to take a trip together so we can appreciate the yellows in person
10.gif

I like this one, and the radiant in the semi-bezel, but for different reasons. This cushion-shaped piece feels very substantial to me. I''m guessing you''d definitely notice it from across the room! How fun - to work in half moons AND pears.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results