shape
carat
color
clarity

Fope bracelet

Izzy70

Shiny_Rock
I am thinking of purchasing a Fope bracelet for everyday wear. The one I would like is white gold, I know for rings theh need the rhodium plating every so often. Would it be the same for a bracelet?
I wonder how easy it would be as the bracelet is flexible with springs?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Hi!
Have you seen it with your own eyes?
As I know bracelet's thickness should be around 3 millimeters and the diamonds should be 0,07 ct.

Now my experience: twenty years ago I was gifted a similar bracelet and it needed to be rhodium plated every year to look like brand new: at the start the cost of rodium plating was acceptable ( 5 Euros ), but it became every year more expensive (25 Euros ten years ago).
Just keep in mind that Fope bracelets are light weighted and,once the springs break , repairs are difficult and most of the time not successful: I broke my bracelet, it was repaired but it broke again two days later, repaired again and it broke again a month later ...

Izzy70

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
Have you seen it with your own eyes?
As I know bracelet's thickness should be around 3 millimeters and the diamonds should be 0,07 ct.

Now my experience: twenty years ago I was gifted a similar bracelet and it needed to be rhodium plated every year to look like brand new: at the start the cost of rodium plating was acceptable ( 5 Euros ), but it became every year more expensive (25 Euros ten years ago).
Just keep in mind that Fope bracelets are light weighted and,once the springs break , repairs are difficult and most of the time not successful: I broke my bracelet, it was repaired but it broke again two days later, repaired again and it broke again a month later ...
Thank you so much @purplesilk . I have seen them and I tried on about 3 on last week. I liked them as they were snug on my wrist, I don’t like bracelets when they droop and jangle.
I don’t mind the rhodium price it’s about £20 here but I don’t fancy the fact that the springs could break. I would wear the bracelet continuously, work, gardening and diy so maybe not the best option for me.
Back to the search I do have a cheap Tiffany silver bracelet that I have worn for 2 years and still looks good as new so maybe I should look to see what they have..

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Every jeweller would warn you not to wear Fope bracelets or rings while gardening, carrying heavy bags on your arms, practicing sports or doing similar activities: they are not solid chains, they are empty lightweighted chains.
Flex'it jewels are expandable; many Italian brands are producing expandable gold bracelets, even diamond eternity bands: expandable jewels are now a trend here in Italy.
Though I have to admit I really like the Fope look...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results