shape
carat
color
clarity

Follow this thread to be alerted to Bloomingdales’ Lightbox Sales!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I finally decided to find a jeweler to get my two 1 ct pierced white solitaires set as earrings. I went to a higher end independent jewelry store first. Mind you I still had the tags on the necklaces, and the woman told me they weren’t diamonds and that it wasn’t possible to drill a hole through a diamond like the ones in them. They could set them, but they ”wouldn’t take them in as diamonds”, and they could only set them in a basket - they wouldn’t use the jump ring. And it was going to be $900. Needless to say, I was not impressed.

Second stop was a less fancy store. They were nice as pie, didn’t care what type of stones they were (but also didn’t question my assertion that they were manmade diamonds), found a perfect setting in a book (probably Stuller, but I didn’t look) and they offered to replace the silver jump rings piercing the diamonds with platinum to match the settings. And at half the price of the first place. I have no idea if that’s a great price, but the platinum settings in the book were nearly 4x the price of gold, so it seemed reasonable to me. I’ll post some pix when I get them back in a week or so.

Do you think the prong of a stud can hide the piercing well?

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
@DoeEyes researched this a while back. Yes, prongs could cover the hole, however structurally the diamond isn't as strong and also the hole can trap unwanted dead skin cells, bacteria, etc.

Yeah, it’s still a pierced diamond. Instead of treating it like a bug, I’m using that as a feature! I think it’s going to move a lot more on my ear and sparkle like crazy as opposed to if it were locked into a basket.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, it’s still a pierced diamond. Instead of treating it like a bug, I’m using that as a feature! I think it’s going to move a lot more on my ear and sparkle like crazy as opposed to if it were locked into a basket.

I think it will be cool! I can’t wait to see it!

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
This is such a great idea!

Reactions: dvj

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Gasp! Are the Bloomie’s sales coming to an end? Today would typically be a new start and only the blue moon ring is discounted (51% off).

Many LB items still on sale at Reed’s, but I think most of us have already grabbed whatever we’re interested in.

Reactions: dvj

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gasp! Are the Bloomie’s sales coming to an end? Today would typically be a new start and only the blue moon ring is discounted (51% off).

Many LB items still on sale at Reed’s, but I think most of us have already grabbed whatever we’re interested in.

maybe they're taking a break before labor day sales ;-)

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
My reset Lightbox diamond earrings are back from the jeweler. I posted photos of them over in the SMTB thread.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if anyone is still interested but the 25% off sale is back up and the inventory is a bit more robust than is has been.

Did I miss it? The only LB piece I'm seeing on sale at the Bloomingdale's website is the blue moon ring, only in size 7 and at only 30% off (I got it at 60-something % off) a few weeks ago).

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Did I miss it? The only LB piece I'm seeing on sale at the Bloomingdale's website is the blue moon ring, only in size 7 and at only 30% off (I got it at 60-something % off) a few weeks ago).

It appears to be gone now. Their sales are all over the place. A few days ago they started a new 25% off select items sale and the Lightbox wasn’t on sale at first (just that one moon ring). Then yesterday I noticed all Lightbox was 25% off with the code. Now the sale across site has ended. They tend to do one day of everything regular price then start a new sale of some sort the next day. The way things have been going I’m sure Lightbox will pop back on sale at some point if not tomorrow. Anything you have your eye on? I can tag you if I catch another LB sale.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
It appears to be gone now. Their sales are all over the place. A few days ago they started a new 25% off select items sale and the Lightbox wasn’t on sale at first (just that one moon ring). Then yesterday I noticed all Lightbox was 25% off with the code. Now the sale across site has ended. They tend to do one day of everything regular price then start a new sale of some sort the next day. The way things have been going I’m sure Lightbox will pop back on sale at some point if not tomorrow. Anything you have your eye on? I can tag you if I catch another LB sale.

Thanks! I'm considering the white .5 ctwt studs; a single white .25 in any form (which I would reset into an old ring that wants a quarter-carat diamond); or one of the larger white diamonds. But I've been spending too much money on jewelry lately, so you probably shouldn't encourage me by tagging me!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I'm considering the white .5 ctwt studs; a single white .25 in any form (which I would reset into an old ring that wants a quarter-carat diamond); or one of the larger white diamonds. But I've been spending too much money on jewelry lately, so you probably shouldn't encourage me by tagging me!

I love hearing about people’s plans! Not to be an enabler if you’re really trying to avoid buying, but you might consider James Allen for the smaller studs. I think their lab diamond prices in the smaller sizes are better than LB and they’re running a 25% off sale right now.

https://www.jamesallen.com/earrings/diamond-stud-earrings/

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
New sale: Take 25% off when you shop with a Bloomingdale's Credit Card or take 20% off no matter how you pay with code BLOOMIES

Not their best. It’s more fun when the item is marked down a good amount to begin with and we can stack the 15% email signup. Maybe they are wise to all the coupon stacking that was going on earlier in the year?

dvj

Shiny_Rock
I know this forum is for bloomingdales sales of lightbox only, but I thought it could be helpful to mention that lightbox itself has a sale going on for limited items for up to 50% off. Items might not include what people are interested in, (no 1 carat white diamonds marked down) but there are other sale items through lightbox not available on bloomingdales.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just want to add that Lightbox has an outlet and that my husband picked up a pair of earrings (0.5 ctw) as my birthday present. =)2
The outlet are for the stones which do not meet their colorless standard, but that doesn't bother me. I can barely notice any tint.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Outlet? Online or is there a store? Can you provide a link 8-) thanks!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
@123ducklings Ah I see, thanks. 25% off is no good for me :). I thought they used to be 50% off last year for outlet pieces.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Following this thread!

reirei

Shiny_Rock
2 carat studs came back at lightbox.com but now sold out! They still have low stock for 1 carat pendants (not bloomingdale sale but these items seem like unicorns on Bloomingdale’s site since they are in high demand)

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
2 carat studs came back at lightbox.com but now sold out! They still have low stock for 1 carat pendants (not bloomingdale sale but these items seem like unicorns on Bloomingdale’s site since they are in high demand)

I just saw the post on the SMTB thread about this! Were you able to snag some? I hope any PS-ers who did will spoil us with lots of pics and info.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this forum is for bloomingdales sales of lightbox only, but I thought it could be helpful to mention that lightbox itself has a sale going on for limited items for up to 50% off. Items might not include what people are interested in, (no 1 carat white diamonds marked down) but there are other sale items through lightbox not available on bloomingdales.

This thread is for any and all sales you can find! :appl:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They sure sold out fast!!

dvj

Shiny_Rock
Lightbox is all 25% off at Bloomingdales right now. Coupon automatically included at check-out as part of "friends and family". Sign up for their newsletter to get an additional 15%. They can be stacked.

In white they currently have 1ct studs, and 1 carat and 1 1/8 carat princess cut necklaces.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone need extra 25% coupon code to stack with current 25% Bloomingdale’s friend and family, let me know. I already did Lightbox princess studs project so I don’t plan to use this code. Trying to get rid of it so I don’t buy the 1.15ct princess lol.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Oh me please! I think i want that necklace

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results