shape
carat
color
clarity

Flush fit micro pave wedding band pics please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I lurked here a long time before I got engaged and I post now on BWW. . . I have a big problem at the moment - please help!

I have a thin band micropave engagement ring (similar to Ritani Endless Love, no halo) and I want an eternity band to sit flush with it. I *thought* my heweler understood what I wanted, but they made a band with a U shape - it''s not what I wanted AT ALL and I''m really unhappy.
39.gif

I tried to clarify what I was looking for, but she said it wasn''t possible - but I KNOW I''ve seen sets here that are what I''m looking for - so here''s my request:

Please, please, PLEASE post hand shots of flush fit micropave wedding sets!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure whose they are (I''m sorry - I know I pulled them from PS, but I don''t remember wehere), but this is what I''m looking for:

coveted rings.JPG

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a ritani set... i have the same one- sits flush.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not 100% sure what you want. Can''t your jeweler just make a matching plain band for your ring? Or do you want something different than a matching ring?

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
The problem is that a plain eternity won''t sit flush against my low-set ring - so I asked if they would make a custom band to sit against it - a plain eternity band, but notched or something where my diamond is to accommodate it. My jeweler said yes and took my ring to get a wax of it and then I excitedly waited two weeks for my band, which we picked up last night - and I''m terribly diasppointed - they made a U-shaped bend in the eternity band to fit around my diamond - which is not what I wanted at all. Will try to post pics in a sec. . .

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Hand shot:

2008_0815September060008.JPG

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Sorry the pics are so small. . . Can you see the problem?

Also, I''m a little mad because we had this custom done and I mentioned I was not really happy and she kind of blew me off - it''s a friend of FI''s so I didn''t want to immediately go into a big thing about it, but I mentioned to FI that I want to take it to another jeweller after we had left and he said no, he was going to call her today.

I understand if it''s a matter of needing my engagement ring reset, but I had said from the very beginning that I wanted the band to sit flush - and she said then it would be no problem.

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Oh, MY. Yes.
6.gif

I can certainly see why you''re upset. Your wedding band looks nothing like the one in the first photo, the one you had envisioned.

It certainly looks like nothing *I* had pictured from your description of what you wanted! Your custom band isn''t anything like what I imagined, or what the jeweler created. I hope your jeweler makes the situation right.

My rings are Tacori, but they fit fairly flush. The gap *may be* 1 mm, if that large. I''ve attached a photo; apologies for the quality.

Mostly I just wanted to wish you well. I can totally see why you''re disappointed.

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

medium-gap-shot.JPG

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Thank you SO much, March! My mom made me feel like I was a little crazy because she didn''t think it was that much of a problem - but it''s definitely not what I wanted.
29.gif
She keeps saying she likes it anyway, which is making me feel a little bridezilla-ish for insisting it get fixed. I want to love my wedding band!

FI called the lady and he said she sounded annoyed, but we are going back to her on Monday. I''m a very non-confrontational person so it''s making me nervous to go and stand my ground - I did already say something and she blew it off. . . I''d kind of rather just go to another jeweler and see what they can do since she doesn''t seem like the type who really wants me to be happy - she seems to be mad to have to do extra work - but FI insists we make her fix the mistake. I don''t even know what she can do now short of taking this band back and making a brand new one. . .

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
I would be so upset too!! I'm so sorry that happened, & I would go back the them and complain, so they can make it right, like your DH said, rather than just go somewhere else. Did you give them the picture before they made it??

Here's my rings, I think it might be similar to what you're looking for. I just had them soldered together because the w-band was getting all eaten up. I love it soldered though!!

my ring link

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
There is a HUGE difference between the two rings. I think you are completely justified in your disappointment.

I would be furious.... or at the very LEAST, incredibly sad.

Good luck!!!! Please keep us updated.

Sending you lots of good vibes. I know how hard it can be to get exactly what you want. Be brave!!!

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK... wait... at first I was confused by the pics because I thought the ring with the squarish dip in it was one that you were using as a sample as something that you WANTED, but now that I understand what's going on here I have to say hell no! There is nothing *wrong* with the one with the squarish dip--except that YOU (the person who is going to be WEARING IT) doesn't like it. That makes EVERYTHING wrong with it.

Put on your Big Girl Pants and go INSIST that things be fixed to your satisfaction. It will be a short time of unpleasantness in terms of the confrontation, but if you don't get this resolved it will be a long time of pissed-offedness*, and that is much worse in my book.

(*If that "word" ends up in the next edition of the Marriam-Webster I certainly hope they credit me in the etymology!)

asudesigner

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I am really suprised someone would do a custom piece and not show you a sketch or a photo to make sure you are on the same page. I would say your jeweler is completely liable for not doing her job properly. And I don't think you are overreacting at all. You are going to be wearing this ring everyday and I'm sure it wasn't cheap. You have every right to get exactly what you want.

If she says it can't be done, she either isn't concerned with your happiness and doesn't want to fix her mistake or she flunked out of ring making school.

I'm sure it can be done!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I''m so glad I''m not crazy! I had a bit of a meltdown on Friday where it felt like everything was going wrong at once and the ring was just a part of that. . .

purpleshirt - I actually had pictures that I wanted to show her before the ring was made, but she INSISTED she knew what I was talking about. . . What kills me is that I knew what I wanted from the very beginning - even when we were discussing my e-ring I made sure that whatever they made would have the option to be paired with a flush fitting eternity band - and she assured me it would not be a problem.

March - thank you so much for your sympathy - I am definitely really upset, but it makes me feel better that I am justified in being disappointed. Hopefully it will all be fixed tomorrow night. . .

Dee*Jay - LOL at "Big Girl Pants!" What makes me even more uncomfortable is that the jeweler is a friend of a friend of FI''s. I feel like if it was someone we had no personal relationship with, it would be easier to really voice my concerns.

asudesigner - I was kind of surprised that she never showed us a picture or anything, but again she is someone who is kind of doing us a "favor."

Such an awkward/uncomfortable situation - I just want it to be over. Either she will fix it or I will take it someplace else. . .but I have lost confidence in her really knowing what I want - or caring. FI said she was "annoyed" when he called about fixing them. (His ring is not right, either.)

Send us good thoughts tomorrow night!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
To answer part of your question, it can''t be fixed.

She will need to remove the diamonds and make a new ring. Or, she can keep that ring and sell it as is, and make a new ring. There is no way to modify that band into what you want.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear you''re dealing with this. I hope you''re able to get the wedding band you had envisioned. Like you, I too don''t really care for the bent around look, but I guess playing devil''s advocate it does ''technically'' sit flush.
14.gif
I find it odd she refused to look at pictures of the design when you offered to show them and now she''s completely off base with what you wanted.

I hate to say it, but this is yet another case of a deal gone sour with a jeweler who is a friend of a ____.
8.gif
So many times I read on these boards of situations similar to this where a "friend" is involved and it always makes the situation so much stickier. Either way, she is a professional and should give you what you paid for without getting huffy or return your money in full if she refuses. I''d stick to your guns even if you''re temporarily uncomfortable.

Good luck!

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Buttercup80, please post an update after you speak with the jeweler.

Sending you positive thoughts and energy.... GO GET ''EM!!!!!!

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Okay, we met with the jeweler lady last night and she was much nicer than expected, given FI said that she sounded annoyed on the phone. She''s got our rings and will be seeing what she can do. . .

I''ll post pics when I get them back!

Thank you so much for everyone''s support and well wishes!!!

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
I hope you get the rings you wanted without too much stress or hassle.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You do need to LOVE your wedding band. You are not bridezilla for wanting it to be the way you asked for it to be. I hope it gets remade to your liking
1.gif

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
FIXED!!! It''s SO much better. . . they did not do what I expected - which was to set engagement ring higher; instead, they modified the basket on one side to accomodate my eternity band. I''m so much happier!

2008_0828September060001.gif

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
last one. . .

2008_0828September060013.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh..it looks great...love it!!! Congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I''m so glad you like the outcome. It looks great! Thanks for updating, I was hoping it would work out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results