shape
carat
color
clarity

Fluorescence question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dmus

Shiny_Rock
I''m considering a rb diamond with medium fluorescence. I''ve heard pros and cons on fl and wanted to know if there is any test or inspection I can ask my internet vendor to perform to verify that fluorescence isn''t having an adverse affect on the visual appearance like looking muddy? Thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2008 12:17:41 PM
Author:dmus
I'm considering a rb diamond with medium fluorescence. I've heard pros and cons on fl and wanted to know if there is any test or inspection I can ask my internet vendor to perform to verify that fluorescence isn't having an adverse affect on the visual appearance like looking muddy? Thanks.
Hi Dave,

A vendor such as one of the Pricescope vendors will be able to check easily whether a diamond with strong or very strong blue fluorescence has an adverse effect on the diamond, such as it looking cloudy or milky in some sunlight for example. This is however extremely unusual, and it is usually strong to very strong that may rarely cause this, faint or medium should be fine, so you should have no worries there, especially as your diamond is a screened in house diamond. But if you are concerned by all means consult your vendor and he will be able to reassure you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results