shape
carat
color
clarity

Fluorescence question?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondgirl26

Rough_Rock
Okay I needed my diamond replaced as I chipped it so my jeweler is on a mission to find me a new one and I am hoping you all can help me make this decision. My previous diamond was 1.12, H, VS2 and 0 for cut and NO Fluorscence.

The one I am looking at now is
1.39, H, VS1, 0 cut but has a MEDIUM fluorscence.

Would any of you purchase this diamond? And for those of you that would not, why????

Thanks for the help!

Christina

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Med. flo won''t hurt anything, it''s just a matter of if you like it''s affect in the sun. Many people do, and I would have no problem with it. If it''s in the store now, look at it in the sun and see what you think, or have it called in if not there.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love fluoro! I wish I could have found a stone with medium or more.

The only time I wouldn't recommend it is if there are other non-fluoro stones in the ring (i.e. 3-stone or 5-stone) and the contrast in direct sunlight might bother you...though really I'd probably still go for it with medium...maybe not with strong.

diamondgirl26

Rough_Rock
Just wondering if anyone else has any opinions on the flourescence in this diamond I am looking at??

lablover

Rough_Rock
Hi! I personally LOVE fluorescence in a diamond! I just bought a E color diamond with STRONG blue fluorescence! It is very crisp and clear in normal lighting and in the sun it is very clear..but has a slight lavender glow to it!!!! I think it looks awesome! I also think you should take a look at the diamond in the sun to make sure you like the look of it. When I saw my diamond in the sun...it is what sold the diamond!!! Good luck!!!!

Here is a pic of my stone in the sun!!!! You can see the lavender color it gives off!

abcdid.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look at this stone outside under strong sunlight and make your decision.

I personally love fluor, my stone has medium blue fluor and that''s exactly what I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results