shape
carat
color
clarity

Fluorescence on a pink diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I''m looking at a pink diamond with strong fluorescence. I haven''t seen it in person... Is there anything scientific on what strong fluorescence would do to a natural Fancy Light Pink???

Also, any place to find pricing for fancy light pink diamonds these days? the one I''m looking at is .65 at $1,950. It''s got an IGI report also.

Thanks...

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/9/2008 7:29:25 PM
Author:trishy44
Hi, I''m looking at a pink diamond with strong fluorescence. I haven''t seen it in person... Is there anything scientific on what strong fluorescence would do to a natural Fancy Light Pink???

Also, any place to find pricing for fancy light pink diamonds these days? the one I''m looking at is .65 at $1,950. It''s got an IGI report also.

Thanks...
Forget about getting digital info for pink comparison pricing.
at this price the stone will have a blush, it will not be pink.

Pink prices are up to 20x H coloured prices.
To be what most people will recognise as pink you should expect to pay 5 x a white diamond price

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
For the record about 70% of these fluoresced powdery blue (it is hard to tell in the stornger coloured stones).

They are all argyle pinks that I bought in my last trip. These diamonds are going to get very hard to buy in the next few years, so I stocked up because there were some coming out of Indian cutters closets.

Argyle do not release strong pink into the market for these cutters. But occasionally when they are sawing a larger brown stone they find a small section with strong pink colour inside the larger stone. They can sometimes make a .10ct out of a 1ct piece of rough and make afar more money than cutting a 1/2ct champagne.

pink diamond collection project.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Garry are these for sale?

Holy Moley!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
GAH!
23.gif
What a heavenly sight!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
OMG, are those all yours? That''s an amazing cache of pink diamonds! Wow.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/10/2008 1:31:13 AM
Author: Beacon
OMG, are those all yours? That''s an amazing cache of pink diamonds! Wow.
Well, kinda mine, my business''s.
They are not for sale yet, and not loose, ever.

We usually partake in design award competitions at this time of the year. It has always been a team event.

This year we decided we would do a collection (we are frustrated with wierd judgments etc)

I was buying in India and was totally frustrated. 2 weeks later at the big Hong Kong show - I found a couple of firms with collections of wierd mixed fancy shapes at prices that were much better than the same colored rounds. I got to thinking this could be the basis of our ''collection'' if we could design great ways to use them.

So my staff are all excited. Bec is sorting them into 4 or 5 colour grades (just size and cost now) and we will make as many sets as posssible. She has less than a week to do that while everything else she has to do still gets done.

Next week we have booked a local cafe and we will do our regular design brainstorm night (must remeber to get the wine and beer arranged). Then Stella the workshop manager and i play G-d and pick the best designs. We swing into production.

Di books the photographer and meanwhile gets the brochures and invitation art work ready to drop the corrected photo''s (matching the actual colour of the finished piece to the photo is vital and complex) and then we get the invites out to selected clients for cocktails over a few nights.

This is about 4 months work and literally involves all of our team of 20 between both stores. The jewellers are great - they will work back late, the setting is stressfull as 1/2 of it will go to outside contractors. But it is exciting.

We are pretty much a B&M store only. We sell very little from our website, and we hope that most of the collection will go and not too much will end up there. So sorry to tease you all
3.gif
as most of you live 16 hours or more flight time from moi.

BTW I can never remember seeing anything like this many goods in Argyles own stock.

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
woooooooooow..... Look at the color of those beauties. I have never seen a real fancy pink diamond in my life, I''ve only seen the light fancies.... That is amazing...just amazing...

I would love to see the brochure...

So maybe a few will end up on your site???? Make sure you let us know...

One last thing....you can''t tell from the photos, but what is the carat range of the stones in the pictures. Some look pretty good size....

That really is an amazing collection...

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 3:22:44 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

We are pretty much a B&M store only. We sell very little from our website, and we hope that most of the collection will go and not too much will end up there. So sorry to tease you all
3.gif

Whaaaaaaat???????

Are we not worthy? You must already have a pretty solid client base for these I imagine.

If we wanted to find a representative to purchase from your B&M how would I go about this since I live in CA.

Garry, truly you are the biggest tease.
emwink.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/10/2008 1:11:18 PM
Author: trishy44
woooooooooow..... Look at the color of those beauties. I have never seen a real fancy pink diamond in my life, I''ve only seen the light fancies.... That is amazing...just amazing...

I would love to see the brochure...

So maybe a few will end up on your site???? Make sure you let us know...

One last thing....you can''t tell from the photos, but what is the carat range of the stones in the pictures. Some look pretty good size....

That really is an amazing collection...
.005ct to about 0.15ct

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG would I love to have a ring with a few of those beauties in it.

Linda

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 3:16:22 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

3.gif

Whaaaaaaat???????

Are we not worthy? You must already have a pretty solid client base for these I imagine.

If we wanted to find a representative to purchase from your B&M how would I go about this since I live in CA.

emwink.gif
Lisa - I was just looking up flights from LAX to MEL for you. Quantas flies direct for $1,125. Wrangle an invite from Garry, and just budget the flight along with the cost of the ring.
2.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 4:46:19 PM
Author: Fly Girl

3.gif

Whaaaaaaat???????

emwink.gif
Lisa - I was just looking up flights from LAX to MEL for you. Quantas flies direct for $1,125. Wrangle an invite from Garry, and just budget the flight along with the cost of the ring.
2.gif

Fly Girl what happened to your plane?

Not that I don''t like your new avatar.

Why can''t you just take me?
31.gif

BTW, totally afraid to fly (I need tranqs and about 5 screwdrivers)

Trip''s not the hard part ---- it''s the invite from Garry.

Why don''t we go together?
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty collection. I''d be tickled pink to end up with some of those beauties in some jewelry.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/10/2008 9:32:05 PM

Date: 4/10/2008 4:46:19 PM
Author: Fly Girl

3.gif

Whaaaaaaat???????

emwink.gif
2.gif

Fly Girl what happened to your plane?

Not that I don''t like your new avatar.

Why can''t you just take me?
31.gif

36.gif
Shirley, you''re not serious (OK, wont call you that ;-)

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 11:58:24 PM

It''s Lisa but Shirley''s a nice name.

You can call me Shirley on the invite to your cocktail gig down under.

What do you say Garry?
emthup.gif

How many hours drive to see Great Barrier Reef?

You''ll be finished with production in, what, 4 months time?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/11/2008 1:51:03 AM

Date: 4/10/2008 11:58:24 PM

It''s Lisa but Shirley''s a nice name.

You can call me Shirley on the invite to your cocktail gig down under.

What do you say Garry?
emthup.gif

How many hours drive to see Great Barrier Reef?

You''ll be finished with production in, what, 4 months time?
That was an airplane joke - the movie airport - the very first disaster movie classic!!!!!

Over the heads of you babies I think
2.gif

Its a 2 day drive Lisa.
Our schedule is for August
18.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/9/2008 8:45:06 PM
For the record about 70% of these fluoresced powdery blue (it is hard to tell in the stornger coloured stones).

They are all argyle pinks that I bought in my last trip. These diamonds are going to get very hard to buy in the next few years, so I stocked up because there were some coming out of Indian cutters closets.

Argyle do not release strong pink into the market for these cutters. But occasionally when they are sawing a larger brown stone they find a small section with strong pink colour inside the larger stone. They can sometimes make a .10ct out of a 1ct piece of rough and make afar more money than cutting a 1/2ct champagne.
Smart....

What other colors do you think would fall into the "very hard to buy" category?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/11/2008 4:02:06 AM
Author: DiaGem

Smart....

What other colors do you think would fall into the ''very hard to buy'' category?
i know you to well DG

What other diamonds are hard to buy?

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock

36.gif
Took me a few moments to realise that by ''screwdrivers'' you meant drinks. I was sitting there thinking a) Why does she need screwdrivers to calm her on a flight and b) She''ll never get through security carrying all that hardware.

Must be those blonde highlights I had put in... :)

Garry: I''m 33 and I got your Shirley joke. Maybe that makes me older than I thought I was... :)

I can''t tell you what the picture of all those pink diamonds did to me... wow!!

Lisa: I''ll be in Auckland in a few weeks, that''s close enough to Oz. Meet you there? ;-)

x x x

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/11/2008 6:40:09 AM
Author: Cleo

Blonde goes into hairdresser and asks for a trim and blow dry
But it must be done with her iPod ear phones in.
Hairdresser say "what?, ya gotta be joking"

by the time she found the 6 th hairdresser specializing in $10 cut and dry she finally gets someone who agrees to her terms.

He is finishing her off, and ashe is brushing and drying he knocks the cords and the iPod and head phones bounce acroos the floor and under the counter. He stoops to pick them up, and notices her slump in the chair and fall off.
Picks up iPod and puts one earphone in his ear and hears:

Breat in, breath out, breath in, bre

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
PMSL!!!!
9.gif

That is just hysterical!! You brightened up my morning Garry :)

I''m naturally dark-haired - just have a few bits of blonde in for fun, so I blame them if I drop a few IQ points. They did used to be pillar box red, but they''d only last a week before they washed out... not really worth it for the £65 it cost to have them done.. so I gave in and went for blonde instead!

Breathe in, breathe out...

Hee hee!

x x x

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

36.gif
Took me a few moments to realise that by ''screwdrivers'' you meant drinks. I was sitting there thinking a) Why does she need screwdrivers to calm her on a flight and b) She''ll never get through security carrying all that hardware.

Garry: I''m 33 and I got your Shirley joke. Maybe that makes me older than I thought I was... :)

I can''t tell you what the picture of all those pink diamonds did to me... wow!!

Lisa: I''ll be in Auckland in a few weeks, that''s close enough to Oz. Meet you there? ;-)

x x x
OMG lmao, cleo you cracked me up here!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/11/2008 5:11:41 AM

Date: 4/11/2008 4:02:06 AM
Author: DiaGem

Smart....

What other colors do you think would fall into the ''very hard to buy'' category?
i know you to well DG

What other diamonds are hard to buy?
Are other Diamonds hard to buy???
smoke.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow those are so very pretty

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 2:16:16 AM

18.gif
Garry,

Is that a yes?
emcocktl.gif
(you know I''ve spelled your name correctly in every post)

So cryptic you are.

And Cleo, yes I''ll meet you there if Garry will have us. I''m enthralled you thought I would bring tools on board! LOLOLOLOLOL
face23.gif

I think he''s worried this whole PS mob will desend on his elegant party and buy nothing. You know the whole American drink, leave and don''t clean up after ourselves.

Off to check flights......

Any Aussies willing to give tourist tips on where to stay?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2008 6:55:44 AM

Blonde goes into hairdresser and asks for a trim and blow dry
But it must be done with her iPod ear phones in.
Hairdresser say ''what?, ya gotta be joking''

by the time she found the 6 th hairdresser specializing in $10 cut and dry she finally gets someone who agrees to her terms.

He is finishing her off, and ashe is brushing and drying he knocks the cords and the iPod and head phones bounce acroos the floor and under the counter. He stoops to pick them up, and notices her slump in the chair and fall off.
Picks up iPod and puts one earphone in his ear and hears:

Breat in, breath out, breath in, bre
" highly amusing" says goldie locked Lorelei!!
25.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 12:10:55 PM

Date: 4/11/2008 2:16:16 AM

18.gif
Garry,

Is that a yes?
emcocktl.gif
(you know I''ve spelled your name correctly in every post)

So cryptic you are.

And Cleo, yes I''ll meet you there if Garry will have us. I''m enthralled you thought I would bring tools on board! LOLOLOLOLOL
face23.gif

I think he''s worried this whole PS mob will desend on his elegant party and buy nothing. You know the whole American drink, leave and don''t clean up after ourselves.

Off to check flights......

Any Aussies willing to give tourist tips on where to stay?
Lisa - I presume that Garry doesn''t think you will really show up at his shop. But, if you do, I''m sure he would be glad to sell you some jewelry with pink diamonds. Clearly he has the biggest selection around.

I put the Cub avatar away for the summer.
1.gif
We couldn''t fly to Australia in it anyway. Would only make it part way to Hawaii, then have to stop for fuel in the Pacific...oooops.....

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hey fly girl quantas has flights in august for 1,115 RT from LAX.

I know it sounds crazy but after the year I''ve had why wouldn''t I want to go and get some super rare, delicious pink diamond ring from GH?

Oh, and have a fantastic trip as well.......we all have our priorities I''m afraid.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
How about all of us American based PSer''s just book a charter flight to go to Garry''s store? Pricescope Party Plane of Bling!

kroshka

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results