shape
carat
color
clarity

Flowers with brown stems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
My wedding is at the end of December and my wedding colours are chocolate brown, gold, and splashes of a kind of a raspberry red colour. I''m going for an earthy wintry feel, with branches and twigs amongst the flowers, no leaves or greenery. So with that in mind, I''m looking for flowers that have a brown stems instead of green ones. The only ones I can think of at the moment are orchids. I love orchids, but they can be expensive. I''m a complete flower novice, I really don''t have a clue. Can anyone recommend deep raspberry red flowers with brown stems?? Here''s a pic of the stems I''m thinking of, the flowers are too pale but you get the idea.

Phalaenopsis_Orchids_(Moth_Orchids).jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would talk with a florist about this, just to get ideas. I can''t think of any off the top of my head. Would you consider having the stems wrapped in brown floral tape or painting them brown?

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
In addition to HudsonHawk''s suggestion, could you just "hide" green stems in a translucent vase? That might be a lot easier than trying to only use brown stemmed blooms.

Besides orchids the only other brown "stemmed" flowers I can think of are those that grow on a branch- cherry blossoms, forsythia, dogwood, etc... but I''m not sure if you could get those in December as they are spring flowers (and they aren''t raspberry colored anyway). But at HH said, a florist would know all this better than I would.

Finally, I don''t really think green stems are going to throw off your color scheme. I mean, people expect stems to be green, so they are more of a background condition rather than a "color" at your wedding, if that makes sense. So, point being, I wouldn''t drive yourself too crazy with this detail as I bet no one is really going to notice if you have only brown-stemmed flowers. Good luck figuring something out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results