shape
carat
color
clarity

Flower suggestions? See inspiration board

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!

I know there are some savvy flower experts here and I am definitely NOT one of them. I was hoping you guys can give me some suggestions for flowers that will be in season for my October wedding (next year) in Florida. I did some research and I *think* the following are available, but don''t know if they''re available in FL:

Roses (year round)
Gerbera daisies (year round)
Orchids (but probably $$)
Asiatic/Oriental lilies
Dahlias
Red hydrangea

I''ve attached my inspiration board. I''m doing a sorta Moroccan/Middle Eastern inspired decor, and jewel tone colors of plum & turquoise. Those are not the BM dresses, but they''re the right color. And that''s my dress in the center. I cropped everything except the dress out in case FI stumbled upon these pictures. Any ideas of what flowers could go with this?

LMLInspirationBoard.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What about purple mini calla lillies and peacock feathers?

purple lilys.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Brides.com

bridal-bouquets-39.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love the theme!!! I second the peacock feathers idea. Sorry, I don''t know anything about flowers though...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My home computer is on strike so I don''t have my arsenal of pics. But I would definitely do the eggplant callas and peacock feathers, you can interspese the feathers, or you can use them as a collar around the bouquet. Either way is lovely if done right (See Independant Gal''s pics of her bouquet for inspiration). You can do a teal turqouise ribbon for the bouquet wraps and bout wraps too.
Those mini callas are pricey though, so I’d only use them in your bouquet and on your FI bout.

Orchids can actually be pretty cost effective, as they are usually filled with blooms, so you''d be surprised.
Cymbidiums are particularly cost effective caus you can get 10-20 blooms per stem. So I would add few blooms of those in each bouquet if you like them (see the link below)

For the girls I’d do something with these flowers:
http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/Deep-Burgundy-Gerrondo-Daisies_42.htm
http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/Stock-Deep-Purple-Burgundy-Flower_42.htm
http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/Burgundy-Cymbidium-Orchids_42.htm

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 6:00:57 PM
Author: Gypsy

My home computer is on strike so I don''t have my arsenal of pics. But I would definitely do the eggplant callas and peacock feathers, you can interspese the feathers, or you can use them as a collar around the bouquet. Either way is lovely if done right (See Independant Gal''s pics of her bouquet for inspiration). You can do a teal turqouise ribbon for the bouquet wraps and bout wraps too.
Those mini callas are pricey though, so I’d only use them in your bouquet and on your FI bout.

Orchids can actually be pretty cost effective, as they are usually filled with blooms, so you''d be surprised.
Cymbidiums are particularly cost effective caus you can get 10-20 blooms per stem. So I would add few blooms of those in each bouquet if you like them (see the link below)

For the girls I’d do something with these flowers:

http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/Deep-Burgundy-Gerrondo-Daisies_42.htm
http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/Stock-Deep-Purple-Burgundy-Flower_42.htm
http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/Burgundy-Cymbidium-Orchids_42.htm

thread jack....HI GYPSY!!!
36.gif

Threadjack over.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love those dark callas! I don''t have any flowers in mind, but how about adding a touch of yellow/orange/curry to the bouquets to evoke an exotic feel?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI IWPO!!!
35.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
hi lliang! I second VRBeauty on the orange. I think all-plum colored bouquets for the girls would disappear in photos. A boquet of different shades of plum woth a hint of orange would be gorgeous, IMO. There are not many blue flowers in nature.

Here ya go (this has kept me occupied for the past 30 minutes, there''s not much to do at 430 am). I''m staying up tonight so I can go to work for nightshift tomorrow.

First column, from top to bottom:blue dendrobium orchid (dyed), hypericum berries, an exotic type of iris, heather, purple anenomie
2nd column: orange rose, purple dendrobium, waxflower (a filler), purple stock, orange ranunculus
3rd column: limonium (another filler), alstromeria (a very inexpensive flower that comes in a zillion colors), kangaroo paws, and a cool variety of hydrangea

I also love those callas!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
trying again.. grr for resizing

lcollage.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow ladies these suggestions are awesome!

Gypsy, I didn''t know that orchids would be reasonably priced. Yeah I also figured the gorgeous dark callas would be super expensive.

VRBeauty & Lynnie, Orange would be pretty hot, no? I think I''d like the flowers to be really POP-py, for lack of a better term. Lynnie, thanks for the pics of those flowers I''ll keep them in mind :)

Gypsy I HEART those daisies, and the purple stock flowers. Something else to keep in mind.

Thanks for the peacock feather suggestions. I''ve seen bouquets with the white ostrich feather collar, but not the peacock feathers... Any ideas where I can get some pics?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ll poke around and see if I can find some pictures of boquets with the peacock feathers.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Random from an image search.

moreflowers.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
More

moreflowers2.JPG

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Did you see my flowers?

I had dark callas.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Geckodani,

Those are some bad a$$ flowers!! I also checked out IndependentGal''s flowers too. I''m liking big time! THANKS!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 11:54:27 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Did you see my flowers?

I had dark callas.
And they were GORGEOUS.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 12:17:44 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Geckodani,

Those are some bad a$$ flowers!! I also checked out IndependentGal''s flowers too. I''m liking big time! THANKS!!!
LOL! Thanks! I hope you find a combination that you love!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results