shape
carat
color
clarity

Flame Me, I''m thinking of Changing my diamond - AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I will admit I have an attention span of a mosquito.

Given the price rise of diamonds since I bought this, also financial stupidity..I would have to top up some $$$ to get the same size of another shape.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
6.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there Lien, how are u doing?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm good, thanks for asking, Sparkles. And you?

I'm still in shock though. Why? How can you want to trade in yr beautiful 5 carat boulder? What shape are you looking at?

(On a selfish note, I hope I get to see your ring before you change it
2.gif
1.gif
).

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really over this dark phenomena with ideal round diamonds in certain lighting conditions. Do you know if all other cuts do this?

I have been hankering for a cushion..but will probably also want to change that a year down the track.

I''m trying to decide whether to buy a spinel to relieve boredom or whether I should make the effort to do a Leon a.k.a diamondnut.

Do you know how to send a stone from here to Leon via Brinks please?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 9:57:03 AM
Author: sparkles
I'm really over this dark phenomena with ideal round diamonds in certain lighting conditions. Do you know if all other cuts do this?

I have been hankering for a cushion..but will probably also want to change that a year down the track.

I'm trying to decide whether to buy a spinel to relieve boredom or whether I should make the effort to do a Leon a.k.a diamondnut.

Do you know how to send a stone from here to Leon via Brinks please?
I think I know what you're referring to and in my personal experience (an novice opinion), only ideal RB's do that. I actually personally dig this effect. I think it's really cool and it's proof that your diamond is ideally cut.

I love cushions too, but I think you're probably right that you might change your mind again!
2.gif
1.gif

If you don't mind my offering my opinions, I wouldn't rush out and get a diamond or a new setting. I love Leon's, don't get me wrong, they're masterpieces to be treasured for a lifetime, for generations in fact. However, it strikes me that you haven't been in love with your last two (or should I say few?) stones. Why don't you really try and figure out what it is you really want from yr diamond ring and go from there. Don't make any decisions just yet. If you'd like, next week, if you have time, come over to my place for tea or drink and we can talk about it and of course ogle each other's bling, he he
11.gif
9.gif

As to Brinks, I had a vendor send me his stone via Brinks. I don't think it's too different from Fedex, DHL, except that they carry very high value items (such as jewels) and not just everyday parcels or boxes like the other two. You can easily look Brinks up and enquire, I'm sure. My pear stone was taken by hand by one of the lovely Jim Schultz's assistants to and from Leon (their offices are not too far from each other, from what I understand).

Oh and having insurance is very important, especially if you're going to send the stone to Leon via any route/ by any courier.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lien.

Yes would like to meet up.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How many times have you changed it already? (just curious.)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

There, I flamed you!
9.gif
Life is short. If you have the means and the desire for change, then you should do it. You probably will not be satisfied for long, but that''s no one''s business but your own. I can''t imagine owning a 5 ct. RB, but it would be wonderful to be able to try different cuts of that size to see which one really did hit the mark, even if you need to go bigger to accomplish this. Go for it. But only if you promise handshots!!
11.gif
I would love to see a 5ct + cushion. A cushion would be my next choice away from a RB.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if you want to change then you should! Nobody has the right to tell you otherwise. Do whatever makes you happy. I am behind you 100%!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry that you are itching for a change.

Considering that honker is 1 in a million, be sure you will not regret letting it go.

(
29.gif
.... well you asked for a flaming!)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here goes . . .
29.gif

I''ve learned my lesson with questioning the ''why'' of a gal looking for that elusive -- whatever -- out of her diamonds. Some just keep acquiring so they can switch out at random, and some trade up. A lot. Personally, I have this thing about bands that is starting to perplex my DH. But if I could, I would collect every band I fall in love with. My collection would rival some other PSers I could name.
3.gif
2.gif

If you have the means, and you enjoy the search for the extraordinary, why not?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nooooooooooo!! Don''t doooo eeeeet!

Okay, you asked, I tried to deliver. That''s the best I have for ya.

If you want it, and it''s reasonable (financially and otherwise), then do what you like
1.gif
It is YOUR ring, m''dear, so you have to LOVE it
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s your
29.gif
but I''m actually with you on this. I''d MUCH prefer almost ANY other shape over a *round* once you get into that size range. And ideal rounds don''t tickle my fancy particularly (though if anyone has any they want to send my way I''m willing to reconsider
3.gif
)

What about a colored diamond of a different shape ... a gorgeous fancy yellow cushion or radiant?

Don''t know that just changing to a cushion is going to give you a different *enough* look to make the swap *worth* the $$ loss & hassle. But whatevaaahhh floats yr. bling.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
FWIW, my OEC goes dark like that. I don''t think it''s just a round brilliant thing; it''s possible a cushion might too if it''s well cut enough.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 2:25:17 PM
Author: decodelighted
Here''s your
29.gif
but I''m actually with you on this. I''d MUCH prefer almost ANY other shape over a *round* once you get into that size range. And ideal rounds don''t tickle my fancy particularly (though if anyone has any they want to send my way I''m willing to reconsider
3.gif
)

What about a colored diamond of a different shape ... a gorgeous fancy yellow cushion or radiant?

Don''t know that just changing to a cushion is going to give you a different *enough* look to make the swap *worth* the $$ loss & hassle. But whatevaaahhh floats yr. bling.
Ha, a nice big yellow radiant sounds about right!
5.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love fancy shapes in sizes that large, but before I''d even let myself think about it, I''d find out if the vendor would allow a large cushion to be traded back in. I am thinking your stone came from WF, and I am sure they''d take the large ACA back for a trade, but they may have a MUCH smaller market to resell a 5 ct. cushion if you decided in a couple of years to trade it back in. I also really love emerald cuts in large sizes.

If it was me in your situation, I''d probably do what Lein has done and have a variety of 3 carat rings rather than one huge one. Then you can change what you wear anytime you wish!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 4:40:27 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I do love fancy shapes in sizes that large, but before I''d even let myself think about it, I''d find out if the vendor would allow a large cushion to be traded back in. I am thinking your stone came from WF, and I am sure they''d take the large ACA back for a trade, but they may have a MUCH smaller market to resell a 5 ct. cushion if you decided in a couple of years to trade it back in. I also really love emerald cuts in large sizes.

If it was me in your situation, I''d probably do what Lein has done and have a variety of 3 carat rings rather than one huge one. Then you can change what you wear anytime you wish!
Excellent point
34.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
keep the 5 ct rb and buy a 6 ct cushion for your right hand.
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Good point DS.

Didn''t you have a pear that was traded in for the ACA? Anyway, no flames here--I nice colored diamond or cushion or emerald cut would be devine.

cheers--Sharon

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 7:04:41 PM
Author: canuk-gal

I do love fancy shapes in sizes that large, but before I'd even let myself think about it, I'd find out if the vendor would allow a large cushion to be traded back in. I am thinking your stone came from WF, and I am sure they'd take the large ACA back for a trade, but they may have a MUCH smaller market to resell a 5 ct. cushion if you decided in a couple of years to trade it back in. I also really love emerald cuts in large sizes.

If it was me in your situation, I'd probably do what Lein has done and have a variety of 3 carat rings rather than one huge one. Then you can change what you wear anytime you wish!
HI:

Good point DS.

Didn't you have a pear that was traded in for the ACA? Anyway, no flames here--I nice colored diamond or cushion or emerald cut would be devine.

cheers--Sharon
Ditto thritto!!

To answer yr Q on my thread, I LOVE my Leon JA pear, but I also love my RB and would *LOVE* to have a 4.5-5ct RB (what can I say, I am greedy!!
2.gif
LOL). It's like the quest for the holy grail for me though!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 7:01:23 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
keep the 5 ct rb and buy a 6 ct cushion for your right hand.
36.gif
This is *my* fantasy!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results