shape
carat
color
clarity

Five stone band - U prong, difference in settings?

P

PierreBear

Hi All,

I'm driving myself nuts and was wondering if anyone else has compared the difference in the 5 stone settings between Whiteflash (Skye band) and BGD (Classic)? Per the stock catalog pictures, they look very similar, but some of the pictures I see online on the "show me the ring" threads, the rings seem to look very different and I wonder if it's just because individuals have made customizations here and there?

Between the two bands, I'm trying to understand the following or is the honest truth that they are generally the same?
- Which would wrap the diamonds better across the finger?
- Which has the diamond set lower?
- Which has more of the scalloped look where the prongs are set a bit closer together?
- Are the prongs the same size?

I know both are wonderful vendors and have great customer service. Are the questions above "customization" preferences that either one would do? I appreciate the help PS friends!

vendor_compare.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one on the top left the best because the stones are set low. I would ask them to taper the shank so it wasn't so wide, though.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1463418879|4032315 said:
I like the one on the top left the best because the stones are set low. I would ask them to taper the shank so it wasn't so wide, though.

I agree. The BGD has too much space under the stones while the WF looks just about right. Not sure if this is something that BGD
can modify or not.

P

PierreBear

Thank you for the comments. If anyone has these settings and can chime in when they were making a decision, it would be greatly appreciated! I have a list of minor customization requests but I guess if there are too many little things would it be worth it to consider the hand forged route?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results