shape
carat
color
clarity

fitted or flat spacer band?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have ordered my ring from Leon. After thinking about it for several days I decided to get a quote for a spacer band. It came back quite high and now I am stumped as to what to do. I would really like some opinions.

Does anyone who has a low set Leon ring wear a plain spacer band? I am not sure how it will hit the head. If I don''t order now, while he is making the ring, I will have to send it back later for another few weeks. I don''t want to
damage the ring but I do think I will want to wear a wedding band of some kind with it. His quote was higher than I expected, a plain band from Etsy would be about 500.00 less but not be fitted.

So how much difference do you think a fitted band would make? What would you do?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
my guess is you''re paying a premium because a) he doesn''t want to be bothered to make it in the first place and b) he is in his special way protesting that you want to wear ANYTHING next to his masterpiece that isn''t equally a masterpiece by him. So, my thought is if you buy into his designer tempestuous mindset to begin with you might as well pay the premium for the peace of mind getting the designer band as well.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if I ''bought into his designer tempestuous mindset'', but his ring was trademarked so I didn''t feel comfortable having another designer copy it. In addition, all the rings that I like were relatively the same price or
higher, with less diamonds, so it came down to design. I love it. If it wasn''t such a looong wait, I would wear the ring and see how I like just one small band.

Brians Grace band is more than Leon''s spacer and only .5 mm larger. Unfortunately, without seeing the ring first I can''t tell how a spacer would fit the head. So I was hoping to hear from people that got plain spacer bands, how
they hit the head and if there was damage. Leon''s e ring fit my budget but I am sure my husband sees this as the project that just keeps costing more and more. Last year, before I had even heard of rings causing damage, I
bought a 5 stone (for 5 kids) and an eternity band, then upgraded my stone. So maybe it won''t make much of a difference and I can save the extra cash.

PLEASE post photos or your experience.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would pay for the fitted band. You could get a fitted band through someone else, but it''s just easier to get it done while Leon still has your ring so you won''t have to send your ring away twice.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
He just has a reputation and I''m sure you''re aware of that, you deserve to wear your beautiful 5 stone and his creation, it just might be best to go ahead and pay his premium for some guarantees and to save you time now and in the future. My comments aren''t an attempt to point a finger at you as much as it is at him. in your shoes, i would buy the leon band.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2010 1:04:10 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
He just has a reputation and I''m sure you''re aware of that, you deserve to wear your beautiful 5 stone and his creation, it just might be best to go ahead and pay his premium for some guarantees and to save you time now and in the future. My comments aren''t an attempt to point a finger at you as much as it is at him. in your shoes, i would buy the leon band.
Yup. Even though you know it''s expensive. Because if you don''t and you''re anything like me, you''ll constantly wonder if your choice to save a few $$ is damaging your ring, and it''s worth that peace of mind.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
yeah, i''d just go with it, it''ll be easier in the end.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Luv! You know, $500 is expensive now, on top of every thing else... but I''d look at it this way, over the years you''ll save at least that much in fretting and scratches. Plus you''ll have it done and done in the impeccable Leon way. It''ll look perfect. Also, given the worth of both rings to you, both in sentiment and dollars, the extra $500 will quickly fade.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will probably go with it. I talked to my DH and he was ok with it. I have spent more on myself in the last two years that I did in the whole 28 prior years! I feel a little guilty. Ok a lot guilty. At first Leon said it would be between
300-600 for the band and then he sent the quote and it was for 750. He said he didn''t take into consideration my finger size, and he listed a size 8. I know some vendors charge extra for over a size 7, but my ring is just under
at 6 7/8. I asked Rachael about it and she seemed to think it didn''t matter, but it is what Leon said, so I have left a message and sent an email. We will see, but I do think it will be a peace of mind thing as Yssie said.

Once I saw BGD Grace band was 795. in plat. I felt a little better-but was hopeful there would be some real life experience of ps''ers I could draw on. It is an extra 500 after all. I know researcher had a custom band made when she
did her spacer but most of the other ones I have seen were just 2mm rings. I bought one from blue nile to mitigate the damage with my last set but it was a little to flat on my finger and not the same height.

I was thinking I would reset my eternity but if the spacer band worked then maybe I wouldn''t have to do that. It is really hard to do all this when you can''t see the ring yet. My shared prong eternity is a chewer
27.gif
and
I might take it to a local jeweler I have worked with before and see if he can smooth the sides without damaging the integrity of the setting. Jeez, now I am worrying about damaging the spacer. PS really gets in your head!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at those 1mm and now 1.5mm platinum bands from jeweler on the roof? They will go with anything!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I got a 1.5mm band from ewedding bands and it''s great and very low profile.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1. mm band from Jeweler on the Roof is the one I was considering. Leon sets stones so low I have no idea really how the basket is going to sit. That is one of the problems with getting a ring made from Leon. The photo
he has on his website is of a 4 ct oval stone and mine is a 2.5ish round. I have a 2 mm band but it sits really flat on my finger and almost slides under some of my rings-so it doesn''t work great as a spacer band.

grrrr...

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talked to Leon and ordered the spacer band, heck what''s another 750.........6 more weeks of waiting.......

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Good decision. In the end, you''ll know it''ll be right. Now we can wait together for seemingly forever!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results