shape
carat
color
clarity

Fitbit problems

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased a fitbit about a week ago and, like many people, didn't realize just how sedentary I was until I started tracking my steps. I have a desk job and made a concerted effort to take the long way to the printer, or the VP's office or just do a lap when I had been sitting a while. Well, I'm ashamed to say that I started walking to the candy dish on the other side of the office just to get steps in. Talk about counterproductive! :oops2:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
LOL!

I got my fitbit about a month ago, the Charge 2. I use it most to track my sleep! But I do like to try to meet the hourly 250 step goals. I learned yesterday that moving my arm in a certain way (I was shaking my hands off after rinsing) adds steps! Need to make sure to avoid the temptation to 'enhance' my actual activity :angel:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get a more accurate count with it in my pocket. No hand gesture counts...

Enjoyed it, but haven't been able to use for awhile because it won't let me sign in on my new phone and won't reset my password. Finals over so I should fix it...

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband stays home with our 4 year old. I put the fitbit on him yesterday and he hit 10,000 steps before dinner. Of course he did. 8-)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter and husband have fitbits, and I want one for my birthday in 2 months. I can't do as much activity as most other people, but I can set smaller goals. I think it's great for motivation, and the sleep tracker is interesting. I think I will get the Alta. The Charge 2 seems pretty big to me, and with my limited abilities, the Alta should work out fine.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lyra, I have the Alta and like it a lot so far. I didn't want the charge because it's too wide for my liking. The app will allow you to set step, sleep and exercise goals. I chose the Alta HR over the Alta because the Alta doesn't show heart rate. That function was important to me.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
The Alta HR is on my wishlist! I have the Charge HR right now, but the battery seems to run out less than 2 days.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC, I'll check back in on battery life to give you an update. First run was only 3 days but I didn't fully charge it. So I'm hoping for 4-5. I think the materials says it's 5 days.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I have the Fitbit Blaze watch and noticed the arm shaking does add steps. Grrr!
We were at a family dinner a few weeks ago and I was hold my infant nephew. I was bouncing him to calm him and added almost two thousands steps by moving my arms.
I do like the blaze for tracking sleep, calories burned and of course steps.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mom2dolls, baby rocking is hard work! It should totally count!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had a fitbit flex for a few years now. It definitely helps me get moving if I've been sitting for too long. Always helpful to be mindful of how much I'm moving around.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results