shape
carat
color
clarity

Fitbit alternative -- Motiv ring

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just came across this and thought I'd share! Fitbit doesn't appeal to me at all because I feel like I'm being strangled from the wrist on down when I wear a bracelet, but a ring might entice me a little more in terms of "fitness jewelry."

http://www.businessinsider.com/moti...hotos-2017-9/#you-can-wear-it-247-no-really-1

https://mymotiv.com/?irgwc=1

The battery is supposed to last for three days, and you can wear it in the shower.

The sizing seems to work by a flexible "sizer" inside. Not sure how practical that is for the small fingered among us... I do see it on the middle fingers of women in some of the pics/video so maybe that would have to be the case rather than the ring finger.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't look comfortable to me. But really, motiv ring? Pfffft. THIS is a motiv ring -- I love 20 lbs, I get this :mrgreen2:
Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 10.05.46 AM.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't look comfortable to me. But really, motiv ring? Pfffft. THIS is a motiv ring -- I love 20 lbs, I get this :mrgreen2:

If all I had to do was lose 20 lbs to get that baby I'd have my jaw wired shut this afternoon! :silenced:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If all I had to do was lose 20 lbs to get that baby I'd have my jaw wired shut this afternoon! :silenced:
This made me bust out laughing!. Hilarious!

I actually think it looks pretty cool. I have a fitbit and I don't wear it constantly for the same reason...it's uncomfortable. I'm already used to rings so maybe I'll give this a shot.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need both of those Motiv rings....

I carry my Fitbit in my pocket as I hate bands like that on my wrist and I get a more accurate count when carried that way instead of worn.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata: Too funny!! We have typo's in common so I can't say touche. :mrgreen2: Get the ring anyway.:dance:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have typo's in common so I can't say touche. :mrgreen2: Get the ring anyway.:dance:
Ahh but see, I win either way. I can love my 20 extra lbs and get the ring or lose the pounds and get the ring. i've set myself up for a win-win, bigly.
Your typos are more charming than mine.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh but see, I win either way. I can love my 20 extra lbs and get the ring or lose the pounds and get the ring. i've set myself up for a win-win, bigly.
Your typos are more charming than mine.

I could never be more charming than you but thank you nonetheless. winwinallgood

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not a fan of the fitness jewelry mostly bc they’re so UGLY... but then I found Ringly. Now THIS I maybe would wear once a week. Maybe.

Ringly.com

Attachments

• 17DCB1AC-6785-4C1A-AE7C-64BE2F90CCC1.jpeg
    17DCB1AC-6785-4C1A-AE7C-64BE2F90CCC1.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 13

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BCB45D3F-DCDD-444D-B021-714B1688D3B2.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Madelise!!! I really like that Ringly! Especially this one:

NMY3DKW_mu.jpg

Hmmm... have to SERIOUSLY consider this!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What??!! These are amazing looking.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What??!! These are amazing looking.

Jimmi, according to the website they have the "emerald" version in stock at Barnes and Noble by me. I'm going to go check it out tomorrow!

Also, I have to make a correction to something in my original post about the Motiv ring. I said it "sized" by an internal flexible horseshoe sizer. That was wrong -- apparently they come in different sizes 6 through 12. I was looking at something else and confused the two things; my mistake!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t want to waste valuable finger real estate on anything that isn’t blingy! I’ll stick to putting my iPhone in my pocket or carrying it at all times, which I do anyway. lol.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kids -- I am IN LOVE!!! And it's all thanks to the marvelous MADELISE!

So I did a little tooling around the internet and found the Ringly in emerald at Barnes & Noble. The regular price was $199 but online it showed the price as $48.99. I took a little ride up there thinking I wanted to grab some stocking stuffers anyway and if they had this thing, great, and if not, no big loss. Well they had it and it's pretty damn fab!!!

This is the online pic:

0859985005681_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5128.JPG
Here's mine! (Not sure where my thumb went LOL.)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5129.JPG
Oh look -- my thumb is back!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5131.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5132.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5133.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5134.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't even read the directions yet because... well... frankly this thing is so pretty -- and for forty nine bucks!!! -- I don't even care if it works or not. (But I will read the directions and actually try to use it -- I promise.) The sizing seemed pretty true. I got a 7 so I can wear it on either my middle finger (the changes of that are slim to none, but I wanted the option) or on m y ring finger with a little rubber sizer thing, which is how I have it now.

Seeing this I want the gray version too... but I'm too cheap to pay two hundred bucks since this one was only forty nine. That being said, I'm going to be in Phoenix all next week with nothing to do buy shop and drink and shop and eat and shop, so I will go to a NM and see if they have it in person. Who knows, maybe I'll go nuts and spring the $$$ LOL.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That being said, I'm going to be in Phoenix all next week with nothing to do buy shop and drink and shop and eat and shop,
We're flying into Phoenix on Wednesday and want to eat dinner before driving to Sedona. Do you have a restaurant recommendation? I looked at TripAdvisor and nothing stood out as particularly tasty. We like African, Caribbean, Moroccan or fusion thereof.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're flying into Phoenix on Wednesday and want to eat dinner before driving to Sedona. Do you have a restaurant recommendation? I looked at TripAdvisor and nothing stood out as particularly tasty. We like African, Caribbean, Moroccan or fusion thereof.

Matata, this doesn't answer your question, but it's a list of suggestions my friend sent me for this year. I'll go back and ask her about African/Caribbean/Moroccan options.

Dick’s Hideaway- 6008 North 16th Street Phoenix, AZ 85016 – Rustic and tiny but outstanding Southwestern food!! What used to be the kitchen to Richardson’s and still the same crew.
–North of Bethany Home and East side of 16th Street. Big wooden door is the entrance but no signage. Do not go at popular times. Best to go late afternoon 2-3p or breakfast/brunch.

The Culinary Dropout @ The Yard - 5640 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85014 – “free” valet parking
“Gastro Pub” whatever that means?? It’s trendy but very cool outdoor bar/restaurant setting. We usually go for cheese and meat boards but any main menu item we’ve had has been pretty good too. Really all about the setting so maybe just go for light lunch or tapas/drinks to enjoy the outdoors.

Or Little Cleo's Seafood Restaurant in the Yard as well – never been but gets rave reviews – only open for dinner.

Phoenix City Grille - Bethany East Shopping Center 5816 N 16th St - on the South side of Bethany Home facing 16thStreet (behind Z-Tejas in the strip mall)
– a bit pricey but well prepared gourmet, southwestern food and excellent service. More “mature” crowd which makes it pleasant to us – meaning it’s not loud!! Very casual too- this place can get crowded at lunch and dinner so try to go at “off” peak times or make reservations.

Timo’s -8801 N. Central Ave Phoenix, AZ 85020
Beautiful setting on their outdoor patio. Rustic wine/tapas bar. Haven’t been here in many, many years but fairly close to your hotel and very highly rated.

The Vig Uptown 6015 N. 16th St. Phoenix, AZ – hipster, trendy elevated pub food. Have not been to this location but we love the downtown Vig’s outdoor patio and this should have equally good ambiance and food.

I also really love Cowboy Ciao in Scottsdale. They have an espresso rubbed filet that is :lickout: .

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are awesome. Thanks!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, love the “shameless bragging” about your new ring. It looks awesome!
Let us know how well it works, ok?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh I love it Dee Jay! :appl: Wow, nice find price wise too - hmmm, I’m thinking my daughter might like one of these...

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deejay how did you get that price?!? Online isn’t that price at all.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, wanted to circle back and give you this suggestion: http://thebreadfruit.com/ I have a colleague who's been here and said it was good. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of other options in Phoenix in the genres you asked about. Now if you want good tacos I can get you a phone book full of suggestions, LOL.

Jimmi and June, so I forgot to plug mine in last night. This morning I plugged one in (did I mention that I bought several, one for me and some for gifts...?). It would only connect in the box. I plugged in another one and changed it, and it seems to be working fine so far. Going out to dinner in a few minutes so that will be more of a test.

Madelise, the way I found that price was to go on the Barnes and Noble site, search for Ringly and the size I wanted, and it would say only available in stores. I had to put in my zip code and when it showed up as available in a store near me I clicked on it and the price was $48.99. The lady in the store was surprised when she rang it up, but that's what it was in the system.

BTW, the stone on the second one that I ended up using isn't as pretty to me as the first stone. I'm trying to decide if I care enough to go and see if they have any more in the size I want. I think they did have one more that I looked at but rejected for this this one, but they all kind of blended together after a while. I'm a bag PSer! But I am a PSer with a light up vibrating ring!!! :cheeky:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, @Dee*Jay love how that looks on you! I am tired of wearing my fitbit on my wrist.

Madelise, the way I found that price was to go on the Barnes and Noble site, search for Ringly and the size I wanted, and it would say only available in stores. I had to put in my zip code and when it showed up as available in a store near me I clicked on it and the price was $48.99. The lady in the store was surprised when she rang it up, but that's what it was in the system.

Searching for my local store showed one listed at $97.97... was hoping I would luck out on a deal too :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results