shape
carat
color
clarity

First wedding nightmare...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I had a nightmare that the bartenders has tip jars out.... LOL!!!!
20.gif
38.gif
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
OMG I went to a wedding where they did this. It never occured to me that it would be a brides nightmare! HAH! At least it wasn''t something big. I had a dream that I was marrying my ex... and I was upset... I was like, NO I am not marrying you. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy, and I was like, this is NOT my FI. I was the only one in my dream to know that the wrong guy was at the alter.

I woke up told my now Dh and he laughed his head off.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:40:04 AM
Author: tlh
OMG I went to a wedding where they did this. It never occured to me that it would be a brides nightmare! HAH! At least it wasn''t something big. I had a dream that I was marrying my ex... and I was upset... I was like, NO I am not marrying you. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy, and I was like, this is NOT my FI. I was the only one in my dream to know that the wrong guy was at the alter.

The funny thing is that this is a huge deal to me. Crazy I know, but my venue is charging us 28.5% on top of each pp price for gratuity and city tax... so if they have tip gars out, I''ll flip!!
26.gif

That hilarious about your ex being at your wedding. I probably would have shot out of bed. I tend to get really "into" my dreams. I have woken up crying before.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:21:18 AM
Author: meresal

The funny thing is that this is a huge deal to me. Crazy I know, but my venue is charging us 28.5% on top of each pp price for gratuity and city tax... so if they have tip gars out, I''ll flip!!
26.gif

That hilarious about your ex being at your wedding. I probably would have shot out of bed. I tend to get really ''into'' my dreams. I have woken up crying before.

Ha, Meresal, your dream is so funny.

Now that I think about it, I''ve been to quite a few weddings where there was a tip jar at the bar and never thought twice about it. Heck, where there isn''t a tip jar, I''ve always given a tip, just directly!

Just to help you with getting over that dream, as a guest I''ve never thought twice about tip jars and NEVER thought they had any reflection at all on the bride. I just assumed it was something that was never formally discussed one way or the other... no wonder why so many aspiring actors go into bartending-- a few bucks per drink on top of 28%, wow!

And I thought the tipjar at Starbucks was a racket...
2.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
26.gif

That hilarious about your ex being at your wedding. I probably would have shot out of bed. I tend to get really ''into'' my dreams. I have woken up crying before.
Meresal, I totally get into my dreams, too! FI thinks it''s hilarious and will sometimes try to figure out what is going on by talking to me. It''s a little weird because sometimes he isn''t in my dream and suddenly he inserts himself, but most of the time, I don''t notice it''s happening. He loves trying to figure it out based on what I am saying.

I''ve never paid too much attention to tip jars, but it sounds like you are having a very classy wedding (your Save the Dates were gorgeous) and it would suck to have those tacky glass jars with someone''s handwriting in red marker!

tlh

Ideal_Rock

26.gif

I sleep walk and sleep talk. It drives my DH CRAZY. He says I''ve hit him, and called him an a$$hole before while sleeping after dreaming he was cheating on me. It is really funny, because he never would IRL and I totally trust him... he is just EVIL in my dreams. I wonder why that is????
33.gif
ha ha!

Yeah, if my venue was charging that... I would take their tip jars and say, "OMG THANK YOU! A GIFT FROM THE STAFF!! HOW UNEXPECTED!"
9.gif

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
I had a dream last night that the venue told us we had to move the date up a week, but our STDs are already out & we have vendor contracts. I was in shock & didn''t know what to do. Thankfully I woke up just after. Stupid stress dreams!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
HA HA HA! No way! Meresal, you''re my nightmare twin" LOL!!! my mini freak-fests concern the bar, too. I had the SAME nightmare: the tip jar was out, and it was decorated with notebook paper that had graffiti-style lettering for the word "TIPS" and the bartenders had drawn colored polka-dots all over their sign with magic marker. And they were serving the beer in bottles......which is a weird little pet peeve I have: formal weddings, but everyone in the pics has bottles of beer. In real life, the venue''s banquet manager assured me that they''d pour the beer into glasses, but in my nightmare, my photographer is shooting people looking like a super bowl beer commercial, with all those bottles tha have paper labels peeling off them....LMAO!!!!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 1:34:10 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Ha, Meresal, your dream is so funny.

Now that I think about it, I''ve been to quite a few weddings where there was a tip jar at the bar and never thought twice about it. Heck, where there isn''t a tip jar, I''ve always given a tip, just directly!

Just to help you with getting over that dream, as a guest I''ve never thought twice about tip jars and NEVER thought they had any reflection at all on the bride. I just assumed it was something that was never formally discussed one way or the other... no wonder why so many aspiring actors go into bartending-- a few bucks per drink on top of 28%, wow!

And I thought the tipjar at Starbucks was a racket...
2.gif
LOL, too funny, just another reason I''m glad I don''t drink coffee... I always feel liek I need to tip, if there are tip jars out.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 8:57:27 AM
Author: wannaBMrsH
Meresal, I totally get into my dreams, too! FI thinks it's hilarious and will sometimes try to figure out what is going on by talking to me. It's a little weird because sometimes he isn't in my dream and suddenly he inserts himself, but most of the time, I don't notice it's happening. He loves trying to figure it out based on what I am saying.

I've never paid too much attention to tip jars, but it sounds like you are having a very classy wedding (your Save the Dates were gorgeous) and it would suck to have those tacky glass jars with someone's handwriting in red marker!
This would totally freak me out!! haha!! The tip jars I was dreaming about had little white labels on them that said "TIPS PLEASE" in black magic marker.
Thanks for the compliment about the STD's. I loved how they came out.

Tlh: I don't think I've ever gotten violent with an SO in my dreams, but one night I was in bed with my ex. He was sleeping next to the wall, and apparently I had gotten into a fight with someone in my dream, and I punched the wall just over his head. LOL!!! He shot out of bed so fast, I could not stop laughing!!

Blackbetty: I'm sorry you're having nightmares as well. I do not like them at all
15.gif

Mediterranean: So funny, that you had the same dream... notbook paper!! haha. Mine was with printer labels. Love how they "decorated" with polka dots. haha!!

So.... I had ANOTHER nightmare again last night. FMIL said that she would help FI to take care of the transportation and hotel room for the night of the wedding. Well, apparently I was talking with FI before the ceremony, and just double checking, I asked asked if he got everything ready for the room and the car? He shook his head, and asked what I was talking about?
32.gif
These things have got to stop!! Hate them!!
15.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 1:51:11 PM

Date: 2/14/2009 8:57:27 AM
Author: wannaBMrsH
Meresal, I totally get into my dreams, too! FI thinks it''s hilarious and will sometimes try to figure out what is going on by talking to me. It''s a little weird because sometimes he isn''t in my dream and suddenly he inserts himself, but most of the time, I don''t notice it''s happening. He loves trying to figure it out based on what I am saying.

I''ve never paid too much attention to tip jars, but it sounds like you are having a very classy wedding (your Save the Dates were gorgeous) and it would suck to have those tacky glass jars with someone''s handwriting in red marker!
This would totally freak me out!! haha!! The tip jars I was dreaming about had little white labels on them that said ''TIPS PLEASE'' in black magic marker.
Thanks for the compliment about the STD''s. I loved how they came out.

Tlh: I don''t think I''ve ever gotten violent with an SO in my dreams, but one night I was in bed with my ex. He was sleeping next to the wall, and apparently I had gotten into a fight with someone in my dream, and I punched the wall just over his head. LOL!!! He shot out of bed so fast, I could not stop laughing!!

Blackbetty: I''m sorry you''re having nightmares as well. I do not like them at all
15.gif

Mediterranean: So funny, that you had the same dream... notbook paper!! haha. Mine was with printer labels. Love how they ''decorated'' with polka dots. haha!!

So.... I had ANOTHER nightmare again last night. FMIL said that she would help FI to take care of the transportation and hotel room for the night of the wedding. Well, apparently I was talking with FI before the ceremony, and just double checking, I asked asked if he got everything ready for the room and the car? He shook his head, and asked what I was talking about?
32.gif
These things have got to stop!! Hate them!!
15.gif
You guys are too much. Thanks for the giggles this morning. I haven''t had any wedding related dreams since I got engaged. Once I have a date set and a venue booked I might start to have them.

I noticed someone made a tip jar comment about Starbucks earlier in the thread. I worked in coffee shops all through college (Evil Empire included) and it always felt weird having one there. When I worked in a privately owned shop that also served lunch foods I really felt like I worked for those tips because I was doing everything on my own. Starbucks however- not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results