shape
carat
color
clarity

First Toronto Jewellery Exchange - Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

k-man

Rough_Rock
Just wondering what anyone thought of the "First Toronto Jewellery Exchange" - the set of stores on Yonge Street across from the Eaton''s Centre. They seem to have great prices but only offer GemScan.
Any good or bad experiences there? What about only having Gemscan?

Thanks

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
I have heard of Gemscan. They are O.K. However, isnt the first jew exchange like a flea market????. Bunch of vendors hudlled in beside each other. Have you heard of switch and bait. I wouldnt recommend the Jewellery Exchange.

If you want something Canadian that carries Gemscan, EGL (Toronto) or IGI (Toronto) try dyjewels.com or elitejewels.com

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

k-man

Rough_Rock
That's true, it does look like a flea-market!

As for Gemscan, I've noticed that their certificates don't ever provide things like depth and table %, etc. I've asked about this and the jeweler said it would cost about $40 to get that info - for each diamond I was interested in!
confused.gif

blingbling

Rough_Rock
Hi K-man....I had a friend who bought a ring from the Toronto Jewellery exchange and they were both very happy with the diamond.

I checked it out.....the place does look like a flea market but the prices are very reasonable because the overhead of these places isn't very high.

They dealt with a vendor who was willing to get a detailed grading report from GemScan including depth, table, crown, and pavillion angles. And they were able to return it, if the independent appraisal didn't match the original cert.

However, I guess its up to the individual if they feel comfortable buying a ring from a jewellry exchange environment!
2.gif

k-man

Rough_Rock
Thanks blingbling. Do you happen to know which vendor that was?

blingbling

Rough_Rock
Hey...I'm not sure who the vendor was...I can try and find out though.

k-man

Rough_Rock
Thanks! That would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results