shape
carat
color
clarity

First Timer - Need help with a solitaire diamond pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jacoba

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody,

I am planning to buy a solitaire diamond pendant for my wife for Christmas. A google search led me to Pricescope and it is amazing, what I have learnt in the past three days. Thank you so much Pricescopers.

After all the research I have decided to buy the diamond online from one of the following two dealers.
1. White flash (WF)
2. Brian Gavin (BG)

I have decided on a three prong Martini setting with a floating chain design. Also I have selected three diamonds, one from WF, and two from BG. I would be grateful for help/ advise with the following questions.

1. Is it better to have a sliding stone or a fixed stone? I have not been able to see any pictures of a three prong setting with a sliding chain (floating design). Most forum answers seem to indicate that the sliding pendant is more likely to remain centered on the neck.

2. Is it better to have a regular chain or a snake chain? Will it be possible for the snake chain to go behind the diamond without it looking very big. My wife prefers the chain to be as fine as possible. Somehow I felt that a snake chain would better be able to prevent the diamond from flipping.

3. Help me decide the best stone from the following three (WF, BG-A & BG-B) My research seems to indicate that the BG-A would be the best for the pendant, but my research and expereince is based on three days of reading the price scope forums.

Links removed by Moderator. Please review forum policies. All images must be uploaded directly to the forum.

Cheers,
Jacoba

WFaset1234.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2009 12:43:17 PM
Author:jacoba

Hi everybody,

I am planning to buy a solitaire diamond pendant for my wife for Christmas. A google search led me to Pricescope and it is amazing, what I have learnt in the past three days. Thank you so much Pricescopers.

After all the research I have decided to buy the diamond online from one of the following two dealers.
1. White flash (WF)
2. Brian Gavin (BG)

I have decided on a three prong Martini setting with a floating chain design. Also I have selected three diamonds, one from WF, and two from BG. I would be grateful for help/ advise with the following questions.

1. Is it better to have a sliding stone or a fixed stone? I have not been able to see any pictures of a three prong setting with a sliding chain (floating design). Most forum answers seem to indicate that the sliding pendant is more likely to remain centered on the neck.

2. Is it better to have a regular chain or a snake chain? Will it be possible for the snake chain to go behind the diamond without it looking very big. My wife prefers the chain to be as fine as possible. Somehow I felt that a snake chain would better be able to prevent the diamond from flipping.

3. Help me decide the best stone from the following three (WF, BG-A & BG-B) My research seems to indicate that the BG-A would be the best for the pendant, but my research and expereince is based on three days of reading the price scope forums.

Links removed by Moderator. Please review forum policies. All images must be uploaded directly to the forum.

Cheers,
Jacoba
Hi Jacoba

If you can post the images here directly that would be very helpful. The image we have looks good. Concerning the pendant I am not well up on chain types however personally I prefer pendants to be on a sliding mounting as I have found they sit better on the neck.

jacoba

Rough_Rock
Hi Lorelei,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I had posted the pictures as a link, but they were removed by the moderator. I guess I transgressed the rules. I will try and attach the pictures in subsequent posts.

1.WF 0.614 ct H SI1 Whiteflash ACA

Cheers,
Jacoba

WFsarin3421.jpg

jacoba

Rough_Rock
2. BG A H&A 0.601 I VS1

BGAsarin1234.jpg

jacoba

Rough_Rock
BG A H&A 0.601 I VS1

BGAaset3241.jpg

jacoba

Rough_Rock
BG B H&A 0.625 H VS2

BGBsarin1234.jpg

jacoba

Rough_Rock
BG B H&A 0.625 H VS2

BGBaset3214.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the images Jacoba. They all look great, personally the last BG diamond appeals to me the most from the ASET but I don't think you can get this wrong, any of these diamonds will be beautiful.

Do you have the hearts images for these too please?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both look good to me.

jacoba

Rough_Rock
Hi Lorelei,

Thank you for your comments. I have attached the hearts and arrows for the second diamond (BGA 0.601 ct). Have plcaed the order for this one. Will post pictures,once it arrives. Thank you for your help.

cheers,
Jacoba

BGA1234.jpg

jacoba

Rough_Rock
BGA Arrows

BGA 3241.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond!!!

jacoba

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Got the pendant from BGD and it is simply fabulous. Have attached a picture. Once again, Brian''s craftsmanship and Lesley''s service were fantastic.

Thank you Pricescope for my introduction to the diamond world and for making my online diamond purchase simple, enjoyable and safe.

Cheers,
Jacoba

jacoba12345.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful (as everything is that I have seen from BGD)! Does it set that high on the chain because its a martini setting? Mostly I see
pendants hanging below the chain if they are floating. Just curious.

book_of_love

Rough_Rock
That is a gorgeous pendant, Jacoba. Congrats on the purchase! I recently got a pendant necklace myself and went through Good Old Gold for the diamond and the setting. I have a four prong basket setting and it does slide a bit on the chain which can be annoying as it does tend to twist at the same time. My only complaint is that I can''t stare at the stone all day and admire its beauty.
30.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif
It''s beautiful, you made the perfect choice

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!! I have pendant setting envy...officially.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond and beautiful pendant.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! It''s gorgeous!!! Your wife must be thrilled. Great job!!!
30.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet husband and amazing gift! I love the design of this, especially the chain. Non-stationary pendants are really the way to go, imho.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks super, congratulations on a fantastic job Jacoba!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results