shape
carat
color
clarity

First post and first spess!

Juneberry

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking since I found this forum while trying to decide whether or not to buy this ring!

This is the first piece of fine jewellery I've bought - I think everything else I own (not much!) was under £50.

It's set in 18k white gold, spess 0.58ct and diamonds tw 0.2ct. I had a look around and saw that I could buy a bigger spess and get it set, but my hands are quite small (I think my US ring size would be 5) and also I don't really want something that stands up too much - I'd be petrified of chipping it all the time!

Unfortunately it hasn't come out very well in the photos - I'd been so looking forward to posting it here, but honestly now I'm a bit embarrassed about how bad it looks! In real life it's a deep rich orange, no yellow and very little brown. Definitely not "Fanta colour", but I prefer the deep autumnal look. I'm not normally a big fan of non-fancy-coloured diamonds, but I think that here the white really makes the orange pop.

I am totally in love with this ring! When I was talking about whether I should buy it with a friend, I said that even if I had a budget of a million pounds I would still have chosen this one. If I ever get engaged, I don't know what I'll do for a ring as I already have my dream one on my finger!

Now the photos - I think the most realistic ones are the ones on my finger, except that in real life the orange sparkle is all over the ring and not just in a couple of places! Any tips on getting a better photo much appreciated! (I only have my phone camera though!) All photos taken indoors in natural sunlight.

_12140.jpg

_12141.jpg

_12142.jpg

_12143.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, and welcome!! I love the spess!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring! I love the color of the spess -- like fall maple or oak leaves. It's fabulous to be nutso about your 1st purchase too -- great job! (This could lead to addiction, you know :cheeky: ) Stick around -- welcome!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I too love a nice autumn colored spess. It's gorgeous year round, but feels just magical once the pumpkin goodies start coming out. Like a piece of the season resting on your finger...

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! I have one in a similar shade but I'm embarking on the journey to have it set. Yours looks beautiful on your hand!

Juneberry

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! :D

The only trouble is that when I'm wearing it I just sit there watching it sparkle and don't get anything done...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Great job!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results