shape
carat
color
clarity

First Pearl Set...Help!!

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Hello Pearl Lovers! I am planning to get a set of pearls for my wedding (gift from my sister :appl: ) and I don't know what to go with? I just started the pearl research, read articles about the differences between Freshwater vs. Akoya Cultured vs. South Sea pearls, and have seen pictures (although by picture, I can't really see too big of a difference between freshwater and SS/Akoya).

I'm having a hard time deciding what to get. I'd like something really white with a hint of pink, a bit of shine and lustre. Given the huge price difference between freshwater and Akoya/SS pearls, I feel I have two options with my budget...

Option#1: 9.5-10mm freshwater necklace (16") + studs + pearl ring with diamond accents OR pearl pendant with diamond accents

Option#2: 9-9.5mm Akoya/SS necklace (16") + studs

Suggestions? Opinions? Thanks!!!! :bigsmile:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
iheartbora|1297525306|2849954 said:
Hello Pearl Lovers! I am planning to get a set of pearls for my wedding (gift from my sister :appl: ) and I don't know what to go with?

Option#1: 9.5-10mm freshwater necklace (16") + studs + pearl ring with diamond accents OR pearl pendant with diamond accents

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :appl:

Does your sister have a budget? A strand of SS necklace is a substantial amount of money. Akoya in Hanadama grade can be at least $2K to $7-8K.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
For entertainment, can you tell which necklace is... Freshwater? ...Akoya? ....South Sea? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Necklace #1

Necklace #2

Necklace #3

Set1.jpg

Set2.jpg

Set3.jpg

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
HHPmom|1297528092|2849979 said:
iheartbora|1297525306|2849954 said:
Hello Pearl Lovers! I am planning to get a set of pearls for my wedding (gift from my sister :appl: ) and I don't know what to go with?

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :appl:

Does your sister have a budget? A strand of SS necklace is a substantial amount of money. Akoya in Hanadama grade can be at least $2K to $7-8K.

Thank you HHPmom!!

Budget is about $3K, and whatever I don't use I can use it on my diamond purchases...!! Currently looking into a pair of diamond studs and wedding band for FI!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Part of me feels that I should start slow and stick to the more affordable freshwater beauties and get a few more pieces made (like the ring and/or pendant or even a bracelet). I've never worn pearls before so I don't know how much investment to make.... But my mom and sister both have beautiful Akoya (not sure what grade) and they say one really good set is enough to keep for life....because you don't really upgrade pearls like you do with diamonds right? :confused:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I'll guess;

Strand 1 is freshwater, Strand 2 is Salt Seas and Strand 3 is Akoya.

How far off was I?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results