shape
carat
color
clarity

First "I Love You"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Okay, this idea was stolen from another thread, but I thought it would be cute for everyone to weigh in on!

Tell us all about your first "I love you" as a couple!
30.gif

Where were you?
How long had you been dating?
Who said it first?

I''ll start. Mine was after we had been dating for just under 2 years (1 yr, 11mos). I was across the country, and we were talking on the phone. Somehow, we got into a conversation about answering questions, and SO said I could ask him any 10 questions, and he would answer them all. Immediately, I knew what I was going to ask, so I asked a lot of trivial questions and a few interesting ones, and saved the best for last. My last question, "Why don''t you ever say that you love me?" caught him totally off guard!
16.gif
He kind of stumbled to ask "couldn''t I tell" and something about how it was clear from his actions, etc. (yes, I could tell, and yes it was clear from his actions) Then he asked why I hadn''t said it yet! LOL I told him I was waiting for him to say it, which turned in to a discussion of who is "supposed to" say it first, the guy or the girl.
20.gif
He thought girls, I thought either could say it, BUT, I had asked him out AND asked him to kiss me, so I refused to say it first. So we are laughing at this point, but neither of us say it. We keep talking for a long while, and before we got off the phone that night, for the first time, he said the three magic words.

Now I can''t get him to STOP saying it, and he fusses at me for not saying it enough!
5.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t remember
7.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Aww
1.gif
Cute topic!!

Where were you?
- in his parent''s driveway after our first Valentine''s Date (we were seniors in High School)

- We had been dating for just over 6 months

Who said it first?
- Well, I gave him a Valentine card and I wrote "I Love you" - and he read it and smiled and asked if I meant it
1.gif
I repeated the words to him and he said them to me...It was so cute!
31.gif
And we''ve been repeating them to each other for the past 8 wonderful years
1.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Where were you?
I''m pretty sure we were in my car - when we first started dating we spent a lot of time driving, to movies, dinner, out in the boonies to make out like teenagers lol.

Very short - like a couple weeks. I knew from the very beginning.

Who said it first?
I think it was me, actually, and I don''t really want to say what we were doing at the time...lol.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 4:59:23 PM
Author: Maisie
I can''t remember
7.gif
I almost forgot too Maisie!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 5:02:05 PM
Author: Cleopatra
Aww
1.gif
Cute topic!!

Where were you?

- in his parent''s driveway after our first Valentine''s Date (we were seniors in High School)

- We had been dating for just over 6 months

Who said it first?

- Well, I gave him a Valentine card and I wrote ''I Love you'' - and he read it and smiled and asked if I meant it
1.gif
I repeated the words to him and he said them to me...It was so cute!
31.gif
And we''ve been repeating them to each other for the past 8 wonderful years
1.gif

That IS cute!

Apparently on the Valentine''s Day before BF said "I Love You", he gave me a card that had "I Love You" on the back (it was printed on the card, he didn''t add it). He was trying to act like that counted! That SO doesn''t count! And who reads the back of cards???

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

From me to him:

Happened about six months into the relationship. I was sitting in the patio drinking some coffee, talking to him on the phone. He said “te quiero” which translated could be I love your or I want you. I told him that I loved him too, but he meant the latter

20.gif
. I realized that I meant what I said.

So I said it first and continued to say it.

About a year later he took me to dinner because he had something to talk about. Turns out he just wanted to say "I love you" It took him the entire night to say it.

As a matter of fact, he was more nervous to say that then he was to ask me to marry him.
33.gif
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know either.

If I had to guess I''d say that it was probably over the phone (long distance relationship) and within about the first 4 months based on the pace of our relationship.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't remember exactly where we were but probably his house (he bought his 1st house so would hang out there). I think we were both super nervous to say it and back then I loved the lemonade at Hot Dog on a Stick! So I use to tell him and he would tell me "I love you More than Hot Dog on a Stick," (code for I love u)
30.gif
I know completely cheesy, but that is the way we roll!
2.gif
I honestly am not sentimental because I forget dates and moments but it was probably in the 1 year we were together! I hardly ever call my hubby but this cute thread got me wanting to call him up to say I love you! Thanks! hehe
41.gif

Delesh

Rough_Rock
We had been in a long distance relationship for a while (about 2 hours apart).
One night while out with friends it just hit me.
I immediately left my friends and drove the two hours to her house.
She stumbled to the door and you could tell she thought I was crazy.
That''s when I told her that I couldn''t hold it in and had to come see her in person to tell her that I loved her.

I am pretty sure she still thinks I''m crazy.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 5:11:20 PM
Author: Delesh
That's when I told her that I couldn't hold it in and had to come see her in person to tell her that I loved her.

I am pretty sure she still thinks I'm crazy.
9.gif
Crazy for her!!!
9.gif
That is So SWEET! Love it!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
We were both tipsy and saying goodbye for the night, and
Him: "I want to tell you something, but I''ve been drinking and I want it to mean something to you".
Me: "ok, well tell me tomorrow".
He: "I don''t think I can wait, I really really want to".
Me: "so tell me then"
He: "Naa, but without saying IT, I do ya know"
Me: "you do?"
He: "don''t you, me...ya know"
Me: "Yeah, ofcourse!"

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Drunk in a Las Vegas hotel room after dating about 3 months.

Sounds kinda trashy, but it was sweet.
1.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Cute topic!

Where were you?
- His place

How long into the realtionship?
- About 4 weeks

Who said it first?
-He did! I had just come home from a 5 day cruise and apparently my absence really made his <3 grow fonder. I said it back and we now probably get on people's nerves by saying it at least 10 random times per day.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Where were we?
At the mall. My favorite place!

We'd been dating three months. He said it first! Of course, this was almost 11 years ago when we first dated, and sorry to say, we broke up right after he said it. Stupid 18 year old me.

Soooo, shoot ahead 5/6 years and we'd just gotten back in touch (via internet!) after all those years not knowing what happened to each other.

NOW, it was my birthday in 2003 and he's taking me out on our second first date together, and he says, "I love you, I loved you then, I love you now, I'll probably end up loving you forever." Well, that first date was a good 5.5 years ago and now we're married. I guess he was right.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 5:15:11 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 8/20/2008 5:11:20 PM

Author: Delesh

That''s when I told her that I couldn''t hold it in and had to come see her in person to tell her that I loved her.

I am pretty sure she still thinks I''m crazy.
9.gif
Crazy for her!!!
9.gif
That is So SWEET! Love it!

Ditto what Skippy said. That is the best story!!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
He had never said it to anyone before.. even though he had a girlfriend for over 2 years. After hearing this I started to get all nervous because I was already feeling it. I didn''t want to be in a relationship with someone who would never fall in love with me.

So about 2.5 months in we were at a bar one night with a bunch of our friends. We all decided to leave, and it was SO cold outside while we were waiting for our ride, so I snuggled up in his coat. I heard him whisper it in my ear, looked at him and said "WHAT!" Hahaha so he had to repeat it again. I just was NOT expecting it at all. I said it back, but I remember being nervous all the next morning that he only said it because he had been drinking. But, he called me up first thing in the morning and said it again. So darn cute!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 5:32:03 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Where were we?

We''d been dating three months. He said it first! Of course, this was almost 11 years ago when we first dated, and sorry to say, we broke up right after he said it. Stupid 18 year old me.

Soooo, shoot ahead 5/6 years and we''d just gotten back in touch (via internet!) after all those years not knowing what happened to each other.

NOW, it was my birthday in 2003 and he''s taking me out on our second first date together, and he says, ''I love you, I loved you then, I love you now, I''ll probably end up loving you forever.'' Well, that first date was a good 5.5 years ago and now we''re married. I guess he was right.

What??? are you living in a movie or something? No one actually SAYS lines like that IRL!!!
30.gif
I''m glad you married him, you can''t let a guy with lines like that go!!!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 5:36:58 PM
Author: trillionaire

Date: 8/20/2008 5:32:03 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Where were we?

We''d been dating three months. He said it first! Of course, this was almost 11 years ago when we first dated, and sorry to say, we broke up right after he said it. Stupid 18 year old me.

Soooo, shoot ahead 5/6 years and we''d just gotten back in touch (via internet!) after all those years not knowing what happened to each other.

NOW, it was my birthday in 2003 and he''s taking me out on our second first date together, and he says, ''I love you, I loved you then, I love you now, I''ll probably end up loving you forever.'' Well, that first date was a good 5.5 years ago and now we''re married. I guess he was right.

What??? are you living in a movie or something? No one actually SAYS lines like that IRL!!!
30.gif
I''m glad you married him, you can''t let a guy with lines like that go!!!
AGREED!!!
emlove.gif
30.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Where were you? We were in my car, after driving around randomly for 2 hours for no reason one night
How long had you been dating? around a month
Who said it first? he did

And I want to explain this because I''m sure I''ll get the "ONE MONTH?" question. SO pretty much knew he wanted to be with me from the get go. He said that within a few dates he was already having thoughts of " This girl is everything I could want, she might just be the one". I knew too, but hadn''t vocalized it aloud or to myself really...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LMAO - Here we go....

At City Club, a goth club in Detroit (this was in college. I had my odd moments). Black makeup, dancing in my bra sort of an evening. 8 or nine long islands later - "I love you." He couldn''t hear me over the blaring music. I said it again sober the next day, LOL.

Ah.... the good old days. Just kidding. My sedate life suits me just fine.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
here's a doozy...

The BF and I were having a rough go round (basically due to the fact that I was still getting over a broken heart from a previous relationship and probably moved too fast to try and be distracted)
So, on this particular night a good friend of mine (female) and I went out for "a drink" which turned into many many drinks at many many places.
drinkingbuddies.gif
On the way home from the last place I did the classic drunk dial to my BF.
I wanted him to come up to my place (which was 45 minutes drive away) but he was saying no because he had a very early morning moutain bike ride with the guys. I begged and in my begging told him I loved him. (oops)

So moved by my words he agreed sweetly to come up.

I got home and promptly passed out on my bed.

Didn't wake up till 7 the next morning.
(MUCH BIGGER OOPS)
yikes2.gif

I looked over and saw my phone sitting there and went "OOOOOOOOHHHH S#!T!!!!!!"

There were I think 10-12 messages on my phone from my BF who had waited outside the front door - (too afraid to knock because my roomate has spastic dogs and he didn't want to wake all of north county san diego) oh for about a half hour before he finally gave up and drove back home.

He is truly a saint..... and I felt completely awful.
happy%20hearts.gif

krispi

Shiny_Rock
We had been dating 11 months. I know, I know - I was tired of waiting and was actually thinking of cutting my losses if he still didn''t feel the same way I felt after our one year anniversary. We had gone out of town with his family for my birthday and had just gotten back. We were laying in bed making out (lovely, I know!) when he stopped all of a sudden and said, "You know what?" I could tell by his tone of voice and the look on his face what was coming, and I had butterflies in my stomach. I just said "What?" back, and then he said it for the first time.
30.gif
I told him that I loved him too, that him saying that was what I wanted most in the world for my birthday, and that it was what I wished for when I blew out my candles.

While we were on our trip, his mom and her friend had gone souvenier shopping, and they bought me a flip flop keychain that said I <3 "BF''s Name". I put the keychain on my backpack because the pull on my zipper had broken off and I needed a way to operate the zipper. I''ve always wondered if that keychain had something to do with his timing, even though I''d been hinting for a long time how I felt without actually saying "it".

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif
you young kids are funny

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I can't remember the details
7.gif
but it was about 2 months into our relationship. I'm pretty sure we were in his car. Like MonkeyPie, when we first started dating we spent a lot of time driving, to movies, dinner, out in the boonies to make out like teenagers.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
The first time I told him was about 6 months into our relationship. I wrote it in a card and nervously watched him read it. I was hoping he would say it back but all I got was a "thanks"
20.gif

The first time he told me was about 4 or so years after I met him. No I didn''t wait that long lol...we had been broken up for two years and had just met up again for the first time that night (we got back together that same night). I''m glad he waited till he truly meant it, and he says it all the time now.

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Cute topic!

Where were you: We were under a street light outside of his house. We both were leaving for different college in 2 weeks and we both were worried that the other would want to be single during their first year. We pretty much decided that night that we loved each other and nothing would come between us. Six years later nothing has and we are married
30.gif
That was probably one of the most serious relationships talks we have had and it is still so vivid to me.

How long had you been dating: About 2 months. We had known each other for 2 years prior to that, but mostly as long distance friends.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, he said it first, and it was actually before we really started dating, and we had our first kiss at the same time! I know, he moves fast, right?!?! LOL!
2.gif

He and I had already been good friends for about five years. We were introduced by my XH (ironically enough), and we just really hit it off. So, when my marriage to my XH and DH''s marriage to his XW were both falling apart at the same time, we were both spending a lot of time going out with friends. Of course, we had a lot of the same friends, so we ran into each other a good bit. One night, we were both at the same bar with the same group of people. After last call, we went out to his car and just sat and talked for a while. He told me he had loved me since the first time he saw me, about five years ago, but he hadn''t said anything because I was in a relationship with my XH and he respected that, even though he thought my XH was totally wrong for me. Then he kissed me! I was very lucky I was sitting down at the time, because my knees instantly turned into Jell-O!!!
30.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 7:48:44 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Well, he said it first, and it was actually before we really started dating, and we had our first kiss at the same time! I know, he moves fast, right?!?! LOL!
2.gif

He and I had already been good friends for about five years. We were introduced by my XH (ironically enough), and we just really hit it off. So, when my marriage to my XH and DH''s marriage to his XW were both falling apart at the same time, we were both spending a lot of time going out with friends. Of course, we had a lot of the same friends, so we ran into each other a good bit. One night, we were both at the same bar with the same group of people. After last call, we went out to his car and just sat and talked for a while. He told me he had loved me since the first time he saw me, about five years ago, but he hadn''t said anything because I was in a relationship with my XH and he respected that, even though he thought my XH was totally wrong for me. Then he kissed me! I was very lucky I was sitting down at the time, because my knees instantly turned into Jell-O!!!
30.gif

Another "this doesn''t happen IRL" moment!
30.gif
PSers have FANTASTIC love stories!
36.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i think it was about a year into the relationship

we were on the phone ( i was still living with parents)

it kind of just fell out of my mouth, i hadnt intended on saying it, but meant it. after that i still only say it when i really mean it
i dont say it everytime we get off the phone or leave or at bedtime, but only when i really mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results