shape
carat
color
clarity

First dress shopping trip!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
...and I guess it''ll be my last because I found THE DRESS!!!

My wedding''s not til October of next year so I wanted to wait a while before trying on dresses, even though I''ve been engaged since May. I was visiting my future-in-laws this weekend so I went with my FSIL (who''s also a bridesmaid). Little did I know we''d find a dress!

The only bad thing is I was supposed to go dress shopping with my mom and sis (MOH) and I still want that moment with them. But now I''m a little scared to try on more dresses because I don''t want to find another dress I love. Not sure what to do, any opinions about this?

Anyway, hope you all likey :) It''s Pronovios Furor, but I''m having them remove the sleeves and bow, then I''m adding a small brooch in it''s place. So it''ll definitely be one of a kind!

profuror1.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Detail...

profuror2.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Back with cathedral-length veil (which she threw in for free with the dress!)

profuror3.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Back detail

profuror4.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
My lovely FSIL is holding up a flower girls dress because this will be the color of the bridesmaids dresses. Unfortunately they didn''t have any for her to try on!

profuror5.jpg

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oh goodness! What beautiful detailing! You look beautiful in your dress!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
One more pic, promise! We took so many... I''m so in love with this dress!!!

profuror6.jpg

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I love the dress! My honest opinion about going with your mom is that if you already bought a dress and love it, please please please save your sanity (and money) and do not go shopping again! Just kindly explain the situation and try to involve them in some other aspects of the planning. I can't tell you how many times my friends as well as people on this site have found "THE" dress, but continue to look and it causes so much grief and doubt! Maybe make sure they go with you to the fittings, etc. if you want them to be a part of the dress experience.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Congrats on finding "the one"!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That dress looks so great on you. It''s a very pretty dress. Congrats on finding THE dress!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
you look stunning in that dress!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments, ladies!

sonnyjane: Thanks for the sound advice :) My mind is definitely made up about this dress (and the deposit is down) so no turning back. The only solution I can see is to find a bridal store in my area that carries this sample, then go with my family to try it on. Maybe I''ll even pick out a few ugly dresses to try with it!
2.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 11:38:16 PM
Author: idreamofcushions

sonnyjane: Thanks for the sound advice :) My mind is definitely made up about this dress (and the deposit is down) so no turning back. The only solution I can see is to find a bridal store in my area that carries this sample, then go with my family to try it on. Maybe I''ll even pick out a few ugly dresses to try with it!
2.gif

That would be fine, just don''t keep it a secret that you already bought the dress. I have this horrible image in my head of your mom being like "We''ll take it!" and then BAM you have two of the same dress lolol!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 11:43:23 PM
Author: sonnyjane
Date: 11/29/2009 11:38:16 PM

Author: idreamofcushions

2.gif

That would be fine, just don''t keep it a secret that you already bought the dress. I have this horrible image in my head of your mom being like ''We''ll take it!'' and then BAM you have two of the same dress lolol!

haha! omg that would be awful! Actually I called my mom and sister literally 15 minutes after I left the store and came clean. They were really happy for me, but also a little sad that they weren''t there. I feel bad, we''re really close. But I promised we''d still go dress shopping, so I''ll just have to make sure that sample''s in stock!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! i love the changes you are making too! as for dress shopping, i would feel a twinge of guilt going into a store (that i didn''t buy my dress at) to take up the sales associates time & potential sales to try on the dress for your mom & sis. would they feel just as involved if they went to your fittings instead? or can you all go back to the same store to try on the sample again? or maybe just go on a day the bridal salons are usually slow? or maybe you don''t mind & i''m just crazy. (it''s probably from years of retail work!)
19.gif
19.gif
19.gif
19.gif

anyways...you look gorgeous, congrats!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! GORGEOUS! You look perfect in that dress.

And by the way... LOVE the color of your bridesmaids'' dresses. So elegant.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Stunning dress! Looks like it was made for you sweetie

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Its perfect!!! The sample size looks like it was custom fit for you. I love the lace and trumpet silhouette. You look seriously amazing!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
ditto everyone else you look amazing!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love it! Really love. Ah, that lace gets me every time!
30.gif
36.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
It looks gorgeous on you! Congratulations
36.gif

As you''ve already put a deposit down, I would NOT try on any more dresses, but I love your idea of trying it on for your family locally. I agree with lulu though, that you might feel a bit awkward with the bridal salon staff if you have no intention of buying it there. Maybe there are other things that you need for the wedding (shoes, flower girl dresses etc) that you could look at at the same time if this bothers you?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You look amazing! You can still have your moment with your mom when you put it on for her!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
idream, you look STUNNING!

I agree with everyone else that I''d feel awkward going to a salon to show off a dress I''d already bought from somewhere else, but why not have them come to your first fitting with you???

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you look AMAZING in that dress!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress! It fits you like a glove!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/30/2009 4:30:37 AM
Author: mscushion
Woohoo! GORGEOUS! You look perfect in that dress.

And by the way... LOVE the color of your bridesmaids'' dresses. So elegant.

Couldn''t have said it better! Good pick!
36.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! You look fabulous!!! Looks like it was made for you!!!!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
beautiful :) oh and i think you should stop shopping because even though you plan on only going to try them on there is always going to be gorgeous dresses all around you, just like if we didn't stop looking for a man, they would be all around too so i would stop looking! :) :)
35.gif
26.gif

oh and i just read that it sounds like you are only planning on trying on the dress you bought so that is a good plan. my sister lives in germany and she is coming with me to my first fitting so i'm hoping that we can have our moment then because she was not in town when i went shopping but she will be here in like 2 weeks... right in time for my 1st fitting :) :) :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
You look like a model! Gorgeous!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! It looks gorgeous on you. Congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results