shape
carat
color
clarity

First Dance Songs

Dr.Bride1985

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!

I thought it would be fun to post our "First Dance" songs for our receptions. We really put some effort into thinking about ours, because "our song" is really slow and sweet, but doesn't quite fit the bill for an afternoon wedding with a live band. We want to kick it off right with a fun dance (which we'll have to practice before the big day...)

We're using Michael Buble - Save the Last Dance for Me

So cute and a fun way to say "go right on out there and enjoy every second of life, but you're mine forever from this day on" :)

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
We haven't officially decided, but we are leaning towards "better together" by Jack Johnson :) a little different, but fits us.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Our song is "Slow" by Rumer.

Yep, it's a song about unrequited love.

But we just love the languid sound of it, and the fact that it's an atypical song for a couple whose love is much-requited :cheeky:

But for the wedding, we are having a live jazz band, so something far more upbeat is needed.

Any suggestions girls?

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Our first dance song was Gordon Lightfoot's "Beautiful". It fit us and our relationship well. We were torn between that and the Dropkick Murphy's "Forever (2007)" because that's sort of our song, but the Gordon Lightfoot song was just a better fit for the venue and stuff.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our first dance was "just the way you are" by Billy Joel :love:

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ours was "Crush" by David Archuleta

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
violet3|1299429259|2866042 said:
Our first dance was "just the way you are" by Billy Joel :love:
Ours was this song, but in the Maggie Gyllenhaal rendition from the movie Happy Endings.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1299358168|2865588 said:
Our song is "Slow" by Rumer.

Yep, it's a song about unrequited love.

But we just love the languid sound of it, and the fact that it's an atypical song for a couple whose love is much-requited :cheeky:

But for the wedding, we are having a live jazz band, so something far more upbeat is needed.

Any suggestions girls?

Live jazz band! :love: :appl:

I've always liked "Fly Me to the Moon" with Frank Sinatra
or "Come Rain or Come Shine" with Ella Fitzgerald
The Best is Yet to Come
The Way you Look Tonight
Cheek to Cheek
Come Away With Me (Nora Jones)... this is so fun to dance to and really pretty/fun

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Our first dance is going to be "Could I Have This Dance" by Anne Murray. I grew up dreaming of this being my first dance. It's isn't very "in" I suppose, but I love it and get teary eyed when I hear it.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
hoofbeats95|1299637300|2867856 said:
Our first dance is going to be "Could I Have This Dance" by Anne Murray. I grew up dreaming of this being my first dance. It's isn't very "in" I suppose, but I love it and get teary eyed when I hear it.
I love that song. It's timeless. :))

I still have no idea what we're doing. I tasked FI with coming up with 4 possibilities and then we'll discuss. Right now my favorite is "You Send Me" by Sam Cooke.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
We had a four piece jazz band and our first dance was "Fly Me to the Moon" by Sinatra.

We were eating at Olives at the Bellagio one night at a table outside next to the fountains and that song came on. It just clicked. We had already booked a jazz band so it was kind of a no brainer.

If we'd had the DJ play the first dance song, it would have either been "Sweat Pea" by Amos Lee or "Shelter" by Ray Lamontagne.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
We had a pianist who also sang for the music at our wedding as we'd been to so many of our friends weddings where they had big bands/DJs and then no-one danced, and all the older guests complained that they couldn't chat to anyone as the music was too loud!

Took ages to decide the first dance song, but in the end we went with Bryan Adam's 'Heaven'.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Ours was "All you Ever Wanted" by the Black Keys. It's a completely awesome song, but when you actually listen to the lyrics its about a prostitute...hehehe...oopsie.

I liked it because it's my husbands favorite band and I wanted something that he'd be excited for. Plus, it has an amazing beat and was just very "US"

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
We danced to "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin. I even gave a devil horns during the dance. hee hee :cheeky:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Dr.Bride, I love your choice! Michael Buble's "Save the Last Dance for Me" was our song for the last dance of the night, and our first dance song was "Buena Sera," also by Michael Buble. It begins as a rumba, then switches to a swing just over a minute in, so we had a great time with it.

We took dance lessons for a few weeks beforehand, so it was fun to show off our moves. Since we both enjoy dancing, the lessons were a great way to get rid of pre-wedding stress. Are you planning to take any lessons? IIRC, "Save the Last Dance for Me" is also a rumba.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
ours was "if i could build my whole world around you" marc broussard (a marvin gaye cover). we loved that it was a duet & the words and that it was a little up-beat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFRyRJYCWc

i made a mix of about 10 possible songs & then let the hubs choose. (i may have been nudging a bit :halo: )
runners up:
"that's where it's at" sam cooke
"you are the best thing" ray lamontagne

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Ours was Lady Antebellum "When You Got A Good Thing". LOVE that song! :love:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Although it's probably going to be pretty popular as a first dance song for the next couple years, FI and I chose "Marry Me" by Train for our first dance anyway.

I fell in love with the song long before it was released to radio, and the first time I played it for FI he cried.

Done deal.

I had originally planned on using "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. That will now be our last dance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results