shape
carat
color
clarity

First dance? I''m full of questions today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, despite my earlier statements that I am entirely missing the bridal gene, I have been getting into the whole planning the wedding thing.

Remember the mood of our wedding - bbq, backyard, relaxed. I''m currently debating between two songs...both by the Beatles.

My Life - I love the lyrics to this song. I love the idea of saying that I''ve met and known so many wonderful people, but in my life, I love you more. And it absolutely reminds me of my FI. However, it is not an upbeat song...

When I''m 64 - My FI and I always said when we get married, this would be our first dance. It is an incredibly sweet song - very upbeat and fun. I think we could have a lot fun dancing to it.

So...First dance...what do you look for? How did you chose?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think either of those songs would be great! In my Life would be slightly easier to dance to, but both have great sentiments!

My FI really wanted to pick something rather unusual and he decided on a reggae version of "To Love Somebody" as in "you don''t know how it feels... to love somebody... the way I love you..." and I said "Hey! Wait a minute!!! YES I DO!!!" We bickered about that song for ages. Then finally I was clicking through my ipod and an REM song came on... the same REM song that was on the cd that he played in his car on every date we went on for the first year of our relationship... the album he gave me... and the band, REM, was the reason we met! He mentioned he liked them in his online profile and I was so surprised to find another guy that liked REM as much as I did that I wrote to him. It''s a bonus that the song has the chorus "this is all I want, it''s all I need... this is all I am, it''s everything..." which is all sweetness and light. And score, it''s easy to dance to. so our first dance song is an REM song called "Beat a Drum" off the Reveal album.

I heard it this morning and tears came to my eyes as I was picturing dancing to it at our wedding in 149 days!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going to incorporate "When I''m 64" into the reception music. Maybe the Cake Cutting song. It''s between that and "LOVE" (Nat King Cole). Our first dance is "In this Life", Israel Kamakawiwoole (Brother Iz). It''s very popular here in Hawaii and the lyrics are beautiful. When we went to our Engaged Encounter weekend, they played the song to set the mood for reflection and FI and I just broke down sobbing.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
You can have each of those songs if you like :) One as a first dance and the other as a last dance :)

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome idea So Happy! That is totally what we''ll do. My Life will be the last dance.

wooo.

Thanks ladies!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I keep thinking about this question because 1) we''re currently taking dance lessons (I think we''ll aim to do a foxtrot for our first dance), and 2) my bf is pretty narrow minded about music. He flips the radio more often than anybody I know, and I swear a song has to have an electric guitar in it or he doesn''t like it. The few exceptions in his cd collection are some more relaxed female soloists (like Norah Jones), but he rarely plays them of his own accord it seems. When I first discovered he had them he said he listened to them mostly when he was alone at home and down, and neither of those applies much since we''ve been together.

Anybody solve the reception music and first dance problem that goes with having a rock-guitar-bands-only man??

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
LL, it''s funny to me, because I thought of those two very songs. Now I''m thinking of doing "When I''m 64" with my dad, since he''s about there in age. :) "In My Life" has the most beautiful words, and just tear me up.

We are doing "Kiss the Girl" by the crab in The Little Mermaid. It''s a short, sweet song and very Disney. We love Disney, and got engaged there.

dmamsquared

Shiny_Rock
Ladyciel:
Black Crows: She Talks To Angels
Chris Cornell: Sweet Euphoria
Led Zeppelin: Thank You

The guitar on first two songs kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results