Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

First custom moissanite purchase from Golden Bird Jewellery on Etsy

Legacy Laurie

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I am new here and to moissanites in general. I am waiting for my rings to be made from Golden Bird Jewellery on Etsy. He has many positive reviews, but I have also seen some negative experiences and it is making me a little nervous. So far, Vijay has been great with the communication back and forth. I will attach photos of the stone and the CAD of the rings. I have chosen a 8.30 mm near colourless stone for the main ring. Any feedback, advice, opinions is welcomed! Screenshot_20200904-093622_Etsy.jpg

Attachments

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I am new here and to moissanites in general. I am waiting for my rings to be made from Golden Bird Jewellery on Etsy. He has many positive reviews, but I have also seen some negative experiences and it is making me a little nervous. So far, Vijay has been great with the communication back and forth. I will attach photos of the stone and the CAD of the rings. I have chosen a 8.30 mm near colourless stone for the main ring. Any feedback, advice, opinions is welcomed! Screenshot_20200904-093622_Etsy.jpg
Hi there, I haven‘t ordered moissanite from Vijay, but I did have a custom ring made from his lab diamond shop, Ourous. It was a very thin band, 1.8mm x1.5 mm with 8 -1mm lab diamonds set in. This was to match a Lily and Dahlia ring, which I had made in artisan 14k white gold, without the rhodium plating. I specifically told him several times 14k white gold, with no plating. He sent me pictures of the ring, and it looked good, but there wasn’t anything next to it that I could use to compare subtle color tone. When I received the ring, it was plated, and stamped 10k, vs 14k.

I contacted him, and he acknowledged the mistake. He offered to remake the ring to specs as we had agreed. He gave me an address in Canada to send the first ring back, so I didn’t have to pay shipping back to India. He remade the ring, within a week, and sent me videos and pictures, next to a plated ring for color contrast. I received it, and it matches my other ring really well. He reimbursed me for shipping back the first ring. His craftsmanship and quality is very good. I can’t analyze his moissanite quality. Here’s a picture of the small lab diamond band he made next to the Lily & Dahlia ring.

F32F3FD0-C618-4250-B769-8DAA20041417.jpeg 9A9CE7AC-4177-4DF2-A12D-E36F75971073.jpeg 222FE55E-FC1F-4A29-A83D-644CA82A039C.jpeg

Legacy Laurie

Rough_Rock
Hi there, I haven‘t ordered moissanite from Vijay, but I did have a custom ring made from his lab diamond shop, Ourous. It was a very thin band, 1.8mm x1.5 mm with 8 -1mm lab diamonds set in. This was to match a Lily and Dahlia ring, which I had made in artisan 14k white gold, without the rhodium plating. I specifically told him several times 14k white gold, with no plating. He sent me pictures of the ring, and it looked good, but there wasn’t anything next to it that I could use to compare subtle color tone. When I received the ring, it was plated, and stamped 10k, vs 14k.

I contacted him, and he acknowledged the mistake. He offered to remake the ring to specs as we had agreed. He gave me an address in Canada to send the first ring back, so I didn’t have to pay shipping back to India. He remade the ring, within a week, and sent me videos and pictures, next to a plated ring for color contrast. I received it, and it matches my other ring really well. He reimbursed me for shipping back the first ring. His craftsmanship and quality is very good. I can’t analyze his moissanite quality. Here’s a picture of the small lab diamond band he made next to the Lily & Dahlia ring.

F32F3FD0-C618-4250-B769-8DAA20041417.jpeg 9A9CE7AC-4177-4DF2-A12D-E36F75971073.jpeg 222FE55E-FC1F-4A29-A83D-644CA82A039C.jpeg
Thank you for replying with your experience. Sorry there was a mistake made, but it is good to know that he rectified the situation. Your rings are lovely.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for replying with your experience. Sorry there was a mistake made, but it is good to know that he rectified the situation. Your rings are lovely.
Thank you. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Vijay. His craftsmanship and customer service are both great imo, and his prices excellent. I think how a vendor resolves a mistake speaks volumes, and he was gracious.

Legacy Laurie

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Vijay. His craftsmanship and customer service are both great imo, and his prices excellent. I think how a vendor resolves a mistake speaks volumes, and he was gracious.
Yes, I absolutely agree. Mistakes happen, but it is how they are resolved that matters and that is what makes a huge difference to me.

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck, as I personally did not have a good experience with my custom project with him, and have written a thread about it.

DK :))

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
That’s interesting to see that he was able to do a ring without plating. I have been trying to get one from the Chinese companies for years but they said they would discolor. I love the antique look of unplated white gold. I wish it was more common but people have gotten used to white gold being super shiny. That is why I always go for platinum.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
That’s interesting to see that he was able to do a ring without plating. I have been trying to get one from the Chinese companies for years but they said they would discolor. I love the antique look of unplated white gold. I wish it was more common but people have gotten used to white gold being super shiny. That is why I always go for platinum.
This isn’t my first attempt to get unplated white gold from an overseas vendor. It’s just the first successful time. I asked for an unplated white gold ring from Sophia at Tianyu, and she swore she understood. What got made was a yellow gold ring. For the price, time, and effort, I wasn’t going to try to argue about it. The setting was too high for my tastes and I wound up selling it later.

79C729D5-CFF6-4AD1-8844-A94AF7914E83.jpeg

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Push Present: Engagement Ring Upgrade
    Push Present: Engagement Ring Upgrade
    20th Anniversary Upgrade
    20th Anniversary Upgrade
    Horses for Courses: Polo Match Jewelry
    Horses for Courses: Polo Match Jewelry

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.