shape
carat
color
clarity

First comes Love...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Then comes Marriage! (Well, actually the proposal)

YES, it happened!!!

I''ll try to make it short and sweet: We were in San Diego this past weekend. The plan was to head home (to L.A) on Sunday via Temecula to check out wineries for our wedding site. We''re both winos, and it''s our "dream" to get married at a winery.

We''d done some preliminary research, circling wineries on a map that featured catering/reception services- there were about 5-6 to check out. So we''re leaving the 2nd to last winery, and I kinda had a "crazy girl" moment, i started out by saying that I felt wierd gong on site visits when it wasn''t official yet. Then I asked him what was up with the ring. (background- he ran into a bit of a snafu and had to send the 1st one back about a month ago). I had not heard ANYTHING about it for a couple of weeks, and had been very good not to pester him about it. But I was dying to know. So, I get into it, asking "is there anything I can do to move things forward?" "what can I do to help?" (awful of me, I know!) At this point, we''re in the parking lot of the next winery. And after about my 5th "what can I do to help?" line, he pulls out the ring box (from the center console area!!!) and says: "You can help me out by doing me the honor of becoming my wife" (something along those lines). AGGHHH!!!! I totally freak out, and the next thing I know, we''re out of the car, and I''m hugging and kissing him to death.

He had originally planned to propose at the last winery. I just kinda sped things up a bit, and he couldn''t resist popping the question when he did. He got me good!! I could not believe that the ring was right under my elbow all weekend! Anyway, we ended up going into the tasting room area, and celebrating with champagne. Word spread, and everyone came to congratulate us. Funny thing is that the last winery turned out to be our favorite one for the wedding- we''ll see!!

So that''s my story- please cross me off the list!!!

Oh yeah- I''m working on pics as we speak. It''s been a crazy week- can you believe that I had to get on a plane at 6a on Monday morning to head to our East Coast corporate offices for 4 days??? I just got home late Thursday nite.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

This is such a cute story!! Can''t want for ring pics!!!
9.gif

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
welcome to the other side. Can''t wait to see the bling!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yippee! Oh that is such good news! What a funny way for it too happen! Perhaps ya''ll can get a bottle from there each year on your anniversry! So Cute!!!
I look forward to seeing the pictures of your ring...want to describe it?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!
Can''t wait til you post pictures!
That would be pretty cool if you ended up getting married at the winery where you got engaged!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! What an adorable proposal story! Waiting on bated breath for pics!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
YAY Charger girl!!
36.gif
36.gif
I love the Temecula wineries- Bailey''s was my fav. Congrats!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
awww, that is adorable!! totally can''t wait to see your ring. congrats!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an adorable story Charger girl. Congratulations, you must be on cloud 9. Can''t wait to see your ring!!! Enjoy!!
36.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What a good story, I was just as impatient. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and know we are dying for pics!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, what a great proposal... I bet he was trying to choke back a grin the whole time you were asking about it. Brave man to keep it right there all weekend!!
6.gif
I hope that winery turns out to be your wedding site... how romantic would that be?!?
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats!!!
36.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Such a cute story...I love how you "forced" his hand. Hee hee.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That story is hysterical. I love it. That would so be me.
31.gif

shay

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics, your link is loading as I type!! And the proposal story is so funny, I could see myself doing the same thing...

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Congatulations!!!
emlove.gif
emlove.gif

That is such a cute and funny proposal!!! I love it!!! Your ring is beautiful!!!
emrose.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!

WHERE ARE THE PICS?!?!?!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results