shape
carat
color
clarity

First attempt at photo of my pear diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hope this works. This is my first photo attempt. Here is my 2.07 ct pear. I used natural light near a window, and it''s pretty cloudy out today. Any suggestions on technique would be appreciated.
1.gif

Diamondlil

pear.jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Diamondlil!!!
appl.gif

That is one beautiful BIG diamond!!!

Congratulations
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Thanks icelady. The setting is just temporary. I have an 8 mm wide pave diamond wedding band, but with the size of the pear it is just too wide. I think it detracts from the pear so I did not wear it for the picture.

My #1 New Year's resolution is to decide on a new setting and wedding ring. I absolutely love the etoile style wedding band.
love.gif
Anyone have any ideas on a e-ring design to coordinate? What do you think of small pears on either side of my pear and then the rest of the e-ring band dotted with little stones like the etoile?
confused.gif

Diamondlil

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/6/2004 6:08:22 PM diamondlil wrote:

What do you think of small pears on either side of my pear and then the rest of the e-ring band dotted with little stones like the etoile----------------

Honestly, I wouldn't do that......I think side pears would take away from the center pear.....would be too much. I'd stick with rounds or princesses for sides, myself.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's gorgeous, diamondlil! I'd like to see a picture of a pear with pear side stones. I love the look of pear side stones with a RB.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pretty Ring Diamondlil..
21.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I just found this pic on DiamondTalk of a pear with pear side stones. I like this look!
pear6a.jpg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
That's a beautiful ring, diamondlil. I just love pears. I think that the pear with pear side stones would look stunning, but I think that étoile on the sides of the engagement ring might be a bit much in addition. But I am with you on the étoile wedding band--it's my all-time favourite wedding band. I think that I've been in love with it since I was seventeen. We are probably going to get that band for my wedding band, too, but I think I'm going to wear it on my right hand. My little hands don't seem to be able to carry off that much metal with my e-ring.

You're lucky, though; it looks as if you have longer fingers.

Daniela

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! What a beautiful shape! Is it the E color one?
1.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful!!! It looks larger than 2 carats on your hand!!!
2.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
That is lovely! I like pear or tapered baguette sidestones. Also, I think that a style like Mara's would look great with a pear (with a matching wedding band). Someone I work with has a marquise like that and it looks nice (I HATE HATE HATE marquise but her setting is lovely). Have fun choosing!

Did I mention that I hate marquise?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all of you for your positive comments. Yes, Giangi, it is an E color.
love.gif
That's what I loved about this diamond the first time I saw it. Here are the specs on my stone.

-EGL/Los Angeles certified, 2.07 ct pear diamond
-Color E
-Clarity SI2
-Measurements 11.48 x 6.84 x 4.54 mm
-Depth 66.4
-Table 54.0
-Crown 14.5
-Pavilion 44.5
-Girdle medium to slightly thick faceted
-Polish good to very good
-Symmetry good
-Fluorescence medium blue
-Culet none

I do have kind of long fingers. My ring size is a 5.5 (6 on my wide wedding ring). My wedding ring is an 8 mm wide pave band which is pretty on its own but too much *bling* to wear with this pear I think. I tend to wear a smaller plain gold band with it, but that is way too plain.

I am still wrestling with ideas in my head for a new e-ring and wedding band for this diamond. I really want the etoile style wedding ring in about 4 to 5 mm (tried on a Ritani which I loved), but I don't know what to do with the e-ring as a compliment. Any ideas guys?
confused.gif

Diamondlil

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hi Diamondlil,

That is a beautiful stone! I haven't given much thought to pear settings with the exception of the simple solitare setting on mark Morrill's web site. I really like the way he has done the prongs. The one on the tip simply looks like an extension of the stone. (I don't know if it is as protective tho.)

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice proportions on that pear - ooolala!
10.gif

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
Absolutely fabulous pear, I'd be tempted to keep it as it is- its a real statement in itself, but if you really wanted to add side stones I'd consider two trillians.

If you ever tire of it I know a very good home with a vacancy!!

E colour, oh help- far too gorgeous,
love.gif
got to go to bed before I swoon...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well, have you considered NO sidestones and perhaps a few burnished 3mm rounds or smaller to accent the band a bit. They could be 1mm away from the stone and just small enough NOT to take away from the stone, and just enough to add a similar look to the etoile wedding band?

LOVELY pear. As for pictures, if you have a magnifying lense at home, try placing it over the lense of the camera, and see how close you can get to the ring for good focus. Good luck and thanks for the DROOL WORTHY pics! What a lovely stone!!!
love.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking for yet another ring design... good news!

I second your liking the etoile. Actually, for the sake of the great stone you already have, I would do both the band of the ring and the w-band etoile style. Not sure what the size of the accent stones are in the 'original' - but the very small ones require precise setting or else get swanped. I woudl just go for the advice of the ring maker with these ones - he would best know what is do-able. Some 2mm bits woudl look good - set alternatively 'off center' of the band.

Of course, just one idea, for the sake of talking jewelry.

I am not sure how an etoile band would look near the ring with larger side stones - the poor dots in the bad get lost - at least in my view. Oh well...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.gif

pearspecs.JPG

hello kitty5

Rough_Rock
valeria, where did you find the etolie setting? i love it with the pear!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/20/2004 10:30:54 PM hello kitty5 wrote:

valeria, where did you find the etolie setting? i love it with the pear!----------------

Oups! This is just a drawing
rolleyes.gif

Could be made, I guess...

ShopDiva

Rough_Rock
Wow diamondlil...love it!!
love.gif
I love the idea valeria gave, that would look good!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pear. Finding the setting is such a dilema.
Nan

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
I have a pear with a pear on each side, and I love it ... I think your design would be gorgeous!
appl.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad my old post was bumped up. Thanks Stargazer.
1.gif

Well, after much deliberation, I decided to keep my pear and have a custom setting made for it and a coordinating wedding ring. I have been working with a somewhat local jeweler in Baltimore, MD (about 50 miles from my home), who does CAD. I decided to use someone local so that I could see and approve everything in person rather than trying to convey my ideas through emails and pictures. The project has been in the works for a couple of months. I'm not in a huge hurry so this has not been a problem.

Sorry I have not posted anything about the process. I have not been posting as much lately. I asked a question a few weeks back about selecting side stones but got no response. I went to Baltimore and selected a pair of pears that I hope will be a nice accent to my center stone. I'm definitely set on the etoile style for the wedding ring. I've been keeping my own little journal of my journey through the custom process. I promise to post pics when it is finally done. I just hope the final result is as attractive as what I have pictured in my head.
sick.gif

DiamondLil

wallace

Shiny_Rock
D-Lil - What a scrumptious (and scrumptiously large) diamond!
The Etoile idea looks Fabu! Tx. to great pix from Valeria, it sounds like you have decided to execute this intoxicating hybrid of fun and different with classic and elegant?

When will it be done? Can't wait to see it - I have wondered, too , about those great photos of everyone's - I think they are by digital cameras. Not sure - we should start a "how-to-take-good-pix thread". Hope all goes well.
21.gif

ShopDiva

Rough_Rock
I can't wait to see it either! It's going to be fab!
appl.gif

chellbe

Rough_Rock
Ana

May I ask where you found this setting? I like the look of it

pearspecs.JPG

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2004 7:29:29 AM
Author: chellbe
Ana

May I ask where you found this setting? I like the look of it

pearspecs.JPG
Ana has mad photoshop skills!!
2.gif
9.gif

She probably superimposed the pear shape diamond onto the etoile rings... especially since she said this:

Date: 4/20/2004 10:46:41 PM
Author: valeria101

;marginTop
6.gif
;marginBottom
6.gif
;'>----------------
On 4/20/2004 10:30:54 PM hello kitty5 wrote:

valeria, where did you find the etolie setting? i love it with the pear!----------------

Oups! This is just a drawing
rolleyes.gif

Could be made, I guess...

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondlil, you have a very pretty pear with very nice shape appeal.
Just love those E colors and the length to width ratio is just where I like them.
I am so glad someone bumped this thread up so I got to see your ring.

What setting did you finally end it up with?

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
This picture you took looks great!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results