shape
carat
color
clarity

Fire Question + photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Firekitty

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Can someone tell me, if I am looking at a TIC and an FIC in person, will they look different from each other? I am reading and reading about fire, just trying to make sure about this stone before my 30 days are up!

There is just something magical in the idea of a "fire stone"....

I''ve looked at the diagram showing the difference, but when I look at my diamond, although it is 1.2TIC on the HCA, I do see colors all the way to the edge. Is there something I''m missing, or should I quit obsessing and just enjoy the diamond??!!

Thanks, and again, I apologize for my lack of knowledge. Here go today''s shots:

DiamondRing 058 copyresized.jpg

Firekitty

Rough_Rock
Here''s another

DiamondRing 053 copyresized.jpg

Firekitty

Rough_Rock
And another (sorry if this is getting excessive!)

DiamondRing 076 copyresized.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 4:10:41 PM
Author:Firekitty
Hello,
Can someone tell me, if I am looking at a TIC and an FIC in person, will they look different from each other? I am reading and reading about fire, just trying to make sure about this stone before my 30 days are up!

There is just something magical in the idea of a ''fire stone''....

I''ve looked at the diagram showing the difference, but when I look at my diamond, although it is 1.2TIC on the HCA, I do see colors all the way to the edge. Is there something I''m missing, or should I quit obsessing and just enjoy the diamond??!!

Thanks, and again, I apologize for my lack of knowledge. Here go today''s shots:
2.gif
9.gif

The difference in fire between a well cut TIC and an FIC is not that huge, and you get the little extra in the FIC at the possible expense of some white light. Your diamond looks, and sounds lovely. Enjoy!

p.s. Beautiful shots.

Firekitty

Rough_Rock
So would a "fire stone" have more color than this?? I don''t anticipate ever having another "upgrade" and I want to do the best I can.
23.gif
Thanks again!

DiamondRing 078 copyresized.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 4:23:46 PM
Author: Firekitty
So would a ''fire stone'' have more color than this?? I don''t anticipate ever having another ''upgrade'' and I want to do the best I can.
23.gif
Thanks again!
In some lighting, it may. But like Ellen said, the differences between both well cut stones isn''t that huge and you''d be sacrificing a bit of white light.

Firekitty

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 4:23:23 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 9/24/2008 4:10:41 PM
Author:Firekitty
Hello,

There is just something magical in the idea of a ''fire stone''....

2.gif
9.gif

The difference in fire between a well cut TIC and an FIC is not that huge, and you get the little extra in the FIC at the possible expense of some white light. Your diamond looks, and sounds lovely. Enjoy!

p.s. Beautiful shots.
Thanks Ellen.
I feel stupid, but I don''t want to be wondering if I did the right thing. When I looked at an FIC and this TIC together, in the store, at the window (yes, they DID actually let me do that -- just had to bring the guard too!), the 2 stones looked almost the same. The only thing I could see was a tiny bit more orange and a speck of purple in the FIC. But if my husband held the stones, and I was a couple of feet away, they looked much the same.

And I went into Tiffany''s yesterday, out of curiousity. I didn''t have them take anything out of the cases, but I was reeeeally happy to see that this diamond easily had as much color as anything in the cases. THAT felt good -- but then one reads on PS that Tiffany''s goes more for brilliance than fire. They certainly do have nice lighting!

It is difficult to do these photos, because the slightest movement makes a bazillion more colors/sparkles in a different direction.

thanks again for your patience!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't feel stupid, you are doing your homework!
36.gif
Good for you. And it sounds like you saw pretty much what elle and I were saying. Now, relax and enjoy that pretty stone.
2.gif

And you're welcome!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
your stone has a little bit smaller table, right? that should help.

Firekitty

Rough_Rock
Thanks again, Elle and Ellen! Since other stone (the FIC) was stolen when they shipped it back, I''d have to start the hunt again, and I think you''re right, relax and enjoy how beautiful this thing is!!!

Well, can you indulge me just a couple of more photos?? Hey maybe it is a sapphire in disguise!

DiamondRing 067 copyresized.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
whoa, I thought it was sapphire for a second. That''s an amazing shot.
30.gif

Firekitty

Rough_Rock
Yes, it DOES have a smaller table. Thanks, Julie!!

Just one more "parting shot" -- and then, I think I am going to take my new pet rock for a walk, and watch it sparkle in the sun. Thanks again!!!

You guys rock!!
10.gif
36.gif

DiamondRing 056 copyresized.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FK, you have a beautifully cut and balanced diamond there which shows a wonderful amount of fire - enjoy your lovely rock dear!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results