shape
carat
color
clarity

Finished Sapphire Engagement Ring

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
So this is my third and final thread on this ring. Original thread here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engagement-ring-sapphire-ruby.233271/

In the end I ended up getting a Nigerian blue-green sapphire cut by Jeff White - and this bad boy is perfect. Exactly what she is looking for. So naturally I had it sent off immediately and made into a ring and I just got the finished product yesterday! I figured after all the help you all gave me, you'd appreciate seeing the end-result of all my hard work. It is set in 18k rose gold, with two white sapphire pears, one on each side. The stone is a beautiful green-blue, way more green indoors and out in sunlight it is a vivid blue. I would almost call it steel-blue, but it's definitely more towards the blue side than than what I normally would think of with that term usually. I could not capture the perfect cutting or the great color of the stone in the pictures, unfortunately, nowhere even close. But these two are the best that I could do. We are inquiring about a house on Saturday, and depending on how that goes she could be getting this ring as early as Sunday! Tell me what you think!

upload_2017-11-16_10-41-4.png

upload_2017-11-16_10-41-32.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. After you get the house please come back with hand shots, profile shots, indoor and outdoor... you know, one million pictures!! (Of the ring, not the house:lol:)

Congrats on a job well done!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful! She's going to be so happy. I hope you come back and post hand shots, once you pop the question. :kiss2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I love this ring..

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! :clap: It looks beautiful. The stone is to die for, and the ring is very elegant and timeless. Well done!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice but we need handshots, it's hard to see the color against a black background.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love that the sapphire is green/blue and it color shifts. The main sapphire is lovely and the design of the ring is elegant. Truly stunning. :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great, and such an unusual colour. Congratulations!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tres chique!!! Very classic and elegant.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELY! The setting really is timeless and allows the sapphire to take center stage.

sapphiredream

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! It reminds me of the historical colors used in decor of TV period pieces.
I am a sucker for traditional, "Old World anything" - and this ring has that kind of aura.
I am swooning! :love::love::love:

GrandpaUtz

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everybody for the kind words! She tells me she is absolutely in love with the ring, too. I can't thank everybody here enough for all the help offered with me finding the stone, designing the ring, and all the words of encouragement! Thank you again!

The issue I'm having now is that I got into it too deep. I can't stop looking at other stones and thinking of what I want to get for her next. I'm sure she is happy with that, but my bank account sure isn't!

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, thats stunning, congrats all your hard searching really paid off, cant wait to see hand shots!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love that ring! How exciting for you both! I’m also looking for more pics of this lovely thing on her hand and/or with daylight!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to everybody for the kind words! She tells me she is absolutely in love with the ring, too. I can't thank everybody here enough for all the help offered with me finding the stone, designing the ring, and all the words of encouragement! Thank you again!

The issue I'm having now is that I got into it too deep. I can't stop looking at other stones and thinking of what I want to get for her next. I'm sure she is happy with that, but my bank account sure isn't!

Welcome to the club. :lol: I think I lot of people came here looking for advice on one thing. The more you learn and the more you see of other beautiful pieces, the more you dig in. It's a vicious cycle. :wavey:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I definitely didn’t expect to become so obsessed with gemstones and to have so much fun learning about them! My budget is rather modest and I’ve still managed to find some beautiful things that I enjoy. The advice here has been invaluable!

GrandpaUtz, congratulations to you and your sweet bride! I hope you’ll stick around and enjoy looking for her next gift. :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results