shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding the right round diamond

Frank784

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

I've been pouring hours and hours of research and reading on this site and in person at some local stores. I've already ordered a setting and am needing to find the right stone to pair with it. The setting is a cushion cut halo, white gold with stones in the E-F range.

I've searched through BF, JA, BN, and the search options on here with the top hits for B2C, USA CERT, and Yoni.

Simply put, I have a budget of $7,000(could go $7,200 if needed) for a round diamond. I've narrowed to the following specs, but am worried that maybe I'm drilling in too hard on some of the variables. Would anyone be able to help with suggested stones? I'm looking at the following specs when searching:

Size - 1.18 - 1.3
Cut - Excellent/Ideal
Clarity - SI1 - IF
Color - G - D (side stones and halo stones on band will be in the E-F range)
HCA - Excellent
Lab - GIA or AGS
Fluorescence - Faint or None(maybe this should just be none?)
Symmetry - Excellent
Polish - Excellent

I'm thinking that I could really budge on some of these areas but feel confident in the cut, HCA score, ensuring that the stone is eye clean, and that the color will not be off from the stones it will be sitting aside.

Any input or thoughts is/are greatly appreciated!

Frank784

Rough_Rock
This one looks good. Is/(are) there a key negative to this?

salcas

Rough_Rock
With your budget and size requirement, I would stay with G color and go with eye clean SI1 clarity. You may even need to go down to H color. If you go up anymore in color or clarity, the price with jump past your budget. Here are the other specs you should filter for a solid cut round:

Depth: 61-62.5
Table: 55-57
GIA Triple Ex (cut, polish & symmetry)
No fluorescence

Frank784

Rough_Rock
So I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a stone with the following specs and images. Given my budget of sub $7,500 I am feeling good about it, but am admittedly ignorant. HCA of 1.2

Does anyone have any insight?

Thank you!

ROUND BRILLIANT

Measurements
7.01 - 7.04 x 4.29 mm
Carat Weight
1.32 carat
Color Grade
G
Clarity Grade
SI1
Cut Grade