shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
Sorry it''s been soooo long since my last post but it''s been a busy couple of weeks. The most important thing is that I got engaged!!!!
36.gif

I seriously didn''t think it was going to happen anytime soon, especially since my bf has recently resorted to his frat boy days since his best friend moved in with us temporarily. They started hanging out all of the time and I even felt like the third wheel sometimes. Although I minded it a bit I was so caught up in work and being in a friends wedding I didn''t have the time or energy to complain.
3.gif

Now for the proposal.....We were in DC since he had a business meeting early on a Monday morning so we decided to make a weekend out of it...or at least I thought that was why were there. We get down there late Friday night so we didn''t do much except order room service and have a few glasses of wine and enjoy each others company without the roomie being around
2.gif
. Saturday we went for a walk in Georgetown and had such a great time playing around and going in all of the shops and such. The only thing that sticks out in my mind was that he kept receiving and making a lot of calls on his cell. Since he does talk on his phone a lot for business I really didn''t think anything of it except the conversations were so one sided (his answers were usually yes and no answers with a few additional words thrown in). I kept teasing him that his clients must think he is the man of few words!! In hindsight the funny thing was that everytime he got a call he would point out something that he knew I would love to look at, jewelry, clothes, etc. He certainly knows how to distract me!!

That evening we went to a wonderful restaurant for dinner and then down to the waterfront in Georgetown. We were having so much fun talking and walking I remember thinking to myself that it doesn''t get any better then this...little did I know! At one point I was looking away and when I turned around he was kneeling down on the ground. At first I couldn''t figure out what he was doing on the ground and then I noticed a box he was holding up! He started saying how much he loved me and how he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. I started shaking and he told me to open the box and I couldn''t I was shaking so bad!!! He opened it for me and then asked me to marry him! People around us started clapping and saying congratulations. I had tears running down my face as he put the ring on my finger. When I finally calmed down he said lets go have a glass of champange to celebrate inside. We wak inside to the bar area and I first see my father standing there and smiling at me! I started to say what are you doing here and then I see my mom and his family standing there. I look around and see a lot of our good friends also standing there. Everyone has a glass of champagne and a big smile on their faces. I must of looked totally shocked until they all shouted congratulations! It was so wonderful to be surprised with the proposal and the celebration. It was a night that I''ll never forget!

Now for the ring...I don''t have pictures yet as the ring is being sized at the moment but I promise to have some by next week when we get it back. It is a GIA 4.03 carat round, VS1, and F color. It is solitaire set in a half carat pave'' platinum band. I''m still in shock by it! I certainly didn''t expect this, not even close! He said he could of used his grandmothers stone but he really wanted me to have something new that he picked out himself. I can''t say I''m too disappointed with that decision!
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
He said one of his clients who deals in diamonds help him. I know this client as we''ve gone out to dinner with him and his wife a few times and boy does she wear some rocks! It was funny how both the wife and client helped in picking it out. The wife said a round would be perfect for me since it''s such a timeless classic and truly elegant which is how she saw me and made sure bf thought of me that way too (nice compliment!) and the husband went to search finding the perfect stone. Bf said it was so funny to watch them at work as everytime the husband showed some stones the wife would look at it and say surely you can find something a little bigger that won''t go over his budget! Poor henpecked hubby but I do have them to thanks for such a beautiful ring! She called on my bf''s phone (I''m not used to saying fiance'' yet!) that night to congratulate me and ask how I liked the ring. Like?? I LOVE!!!!!!!!!

love:]
30.gif
30.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRTULATIONS!!!!!! WELL ITS ABOUT TIME IT WAS YOUR TURN!! Post pics when you can, cant wait to see them!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great proposal!!!! Best wishes!!
36.gif
36.gif

I can't wait to see pictures of your ring.

11.gif
Make sure that your roomie's evil ex sees it!
11.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!

What a classy proposal, to say nothing of the ring!!!

Be sure to show us pics as soon as you can.
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Yay congratulations!! It sounds like a killer ring too!
36.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a wonderful proposal!! I absolutely cannot wait to see pics of the ring --- sounds like you got the perfect package deal (boyfriend, proposal, ring)!

jen
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on being engaged!! Everything sounds so perfect. I also can''t wait to see pictures.
9.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! Sounds like you had an incredible proposal, and can''t wait to see your ring!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to what everyone has said! You are lucky, girl, that you had the WIFE of the diamond guy helping...a woman''s view never hurts!!!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! What a fantabuloius story!! I''m so glad I''m around to not miss out on this story! Cheers to you, and I am looking forward to seeing pictures too!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
ACK. I NEVER cry. And I am totally choaked up! You''ve got a WINNER & a WHOPPER, girl!!! Awesomeness!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

(whispers) can''t wait for pix!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''m with Deco....I got misty-eyed reading your proposal story....

How WONDERFUL!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Heartiest Congratulations!!!

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, what a sweet proposal that was. I''m choked up as well!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Best wishes to you both!! Your ring sounds gorgeous, can''t wait to see the pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful all round!! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh that is such an exciting proposal! And what a ring! Cannot wait to see pictures!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! The proposal was so classic and I love the added family and friends at the end. And 4.03 carats - !!! Can''t wait till you post pictures!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hold on a sec....did you say FOUR carats????
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations!!!

ScubaDucky

Rough_Rock
wow, what a wonderful proposal!
36.gif

congratulations!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a sweet proposal, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Can''t wait til you post some handshots of the ring, it must be huge!!!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS!
36.gif
36.gif
Bring on that gorgeous 4 carat monster- WOW!
30.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

What an awesome proposal - a romantic moment and a celebration with family and friends!!

Date: 5/13/2006 11:00:08 AM
Author:squeaksluv

It is a GIA 4.03 carat round, VS1, and F color. It is solitaire set in a half carat pave'' platinum band.

Holy mother of GOD!! Can''t wait to see this ring!!! How can you stand being apart from it?

2.gif

BlingBlingMommy

Rough_Rock
Congrats!! I can''t wait to see pics of the ring!!!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Amazing proposal, and sounds like an AMAZING ring!!! We can''t WAIT to see it!!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Can''t wait for pics of this beauty!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@~*CONGRATULATIONS*~@

squeaksluv!!!!!!!!!!! The ring sounds incredible!!!!!!!!!!!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
What a great guy! Congratulations!! Can''t wait to see pictures of the ring
36.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Calling all pictures!!!! Hand shots please!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Your fiancé wasn''t lying when he told you your ring was something straight out of a dream!! Handshots please!!
9.gif

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
Holy crap! Congratulations! The whole story sounded perfect!

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
OMG...what an amazing story! So cool that he included your family and friends too! Congratulations, and hurry up and get those pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results