shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
That’s right ladies, I’m getting married! Yay for list keeper dust! :bigsmile: :appl: :naughty:

Our story

To sum it up nice a quickly, FI (!!!!!!!!!!!) and I met in an online game over 5 years ago, enjoyed each others humour and started chatting regularly. I lived in New Zealand and he lived in the UK so we figured nothing would come of it. 3 years ago last November I had saved up enough money and flew to London to meet him. 3 months and one whirlwind romance later I had to come back home to go to uni. Fast forward to exactly two years ago this past Sunday, FI had quit his job and moved her so we could be together.

The proposal

It was Sunday so we started by going to Brunch at a really yummy restaurant which we agreed to the night before since I took him out to dinner and a movie. Super yummy, nice place, eating on this big sunny deck with lots of greenery and a view of the Sky Tower.

After that we drove to Devonport, a cute little town across the harbour from the central city with great views and a cute little handmade chocolate shop. So we chose some chocolates for later and went for a walk along the water front. By now I was a little suspicious, I brought him here on the ferry when he first came to Auckland. It is a very pretty spot but then I’m also thinking that he might just have planned some activates I like to do since last week I complained we were spending a lot of time at home lately. We walk around for a while but it’s a sunny day so there are a lot of people out and we hop back in the car.

This time we were off to the Zoo, we get an ice-cream each and walk around the whole zoo. I love the zoo, I have very fond memories of being there as a child and this is another place I took him when he first got here. I didn’t think he’d ask here, it is very busy with families enjoying the sunshine and summer holidays, but we have fun visiting all the animals and watching them bathe in the sun.

So it’s getting later in the day now and it’s scorching hot, we’re due at my parents house for Sunday dinner in a couple of hours but my then BF insists we go up the sky tower because he’d like to have a look now that he will recognise more of Auckland (another thing we did when he first go here). So we go up, grab something to eat at the café because by now I am starving, we eat our chocolates and look at the view and point out things we recognise. But….he doesn’t do it; again, it’s a bit packed with tourists. So we go back down again and start heading home on the way to my parents house.

So I’m thinking, ok, maybe he wasn’t going to do it today, or maybe the crowds put him off since he knows I’d prefer it be private, maybe the slight square shape I’ve been eyeing up in his pocket all day is just another piece of crap he carries round in there.

We get home and I collapse on the sofa and wait for him to get ready and then…..he’s on his knee in front of me, shaking a lil bit, reaching into his pocket… and out comes the box, he tells me he loves and asks me to marry him. Heck yes! About bloody time!

The rock

0.73ct pear center, really gorgeous peachy golden warm colour (a little bit ginger, just like me ;)) ) with 18pts each H colour oval side stones in 18ct white gold on my lovely, freckly, size 8 finger . It's an unusual ring but man, photos do not do it justice, I frikin love this thing! Oh yeah, and I love my Fiance too ;))

4eversering.jpg

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

It IS about time!!!! Congrats! And here's another perk: now you get to change your signature line! :) It sounds like a super sweet day, how fabulous.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you! :appl:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for listkeeper dust!!! Ncongratz, I love the pear/oval combination!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats again!!! I'm so happy that the list keeper dust worked wonders for you! That ring is gorgeous!!

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, 4ever!!

That ring is so beautiful! I love the design, and I love your description that it's a "warm, peachy color"!

Did you help with the design, or did he come up with it all by himself?

So happy for you! :appl: :appl: :appl:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! :bigsmile:

TwinkleStar|1295228203|2824607 said:
Did you help with the design, or did he come up with it all by himself?

Actually we had just started ring shopping together and found this in a jewellerys stores sale (/reject) section for a REALLY good (as in less then 1/2) price because.....well it is a little odd, the colour of the centre stone is low but much more peachy and golden than yellow, I've never seen oval sides before, when you look close the two ovals are not quite a perfect match, it's not like pears are very popular right now and the 4 prong setting which left the pears point exposed was a bit unsafe (we had it chaned to a V prong right away) but after trying on solitaire after solitaire and thinking "meh" I LOVED this ring and it just squeeked in over our budget. So I thought, screw it's "issues", it won't be to everyones taste but nothings perfect and I loved it so we got it :bigsmile:

I have big fingers (I'm pretty tall) and I love that with the LONG oval side stones I get more finger coverage.

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Yay!! Congrats to you and your FIANCE!! :appl:

Sounds like you had a lovely day leading up to a sweet proposal!

Love your pear ring, very lovely!!!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't been here too long, but that was the quickest LK position ever!
Congratulations 4ever!! Your proposal and ring are just wonderful! Enjoy the BWWs!

vintagelover

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!! So happy for you!! Thanks for being a great list keeper!!
Beautiful ring!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Woop Woop Woop Woop Woop Woop Woop :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile: :appl:

Congrats 4ever, i was so happy when i saw your post :bigsmile:

love the ring, and the 'wait for it...wait for it' proposal :love:

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
What a great story and perfect day! And your ring is so pretty! It looks stunning on your hand. Congrats again!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, 4-ever! Lovely ring! :appl: :appl: :appl:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!!! Congrats and what a lovely story : )

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :bigsmile: :appl: :appl:

Congratulations!!!

Your ring looks fantastic! I'm glad he finaly proposed, and your proposal day was so lovely!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yay!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: congratulations!

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
Yay congrats!

Such a gorgeous proposal story and stunning ring :)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! I loved the proposal story and how you two met. Your ring is perfect, I love the warmth of the pear, very yummy!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YIPPEEEEEE!! Congratulations!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Your engagement ring is BEYOND gorgeous!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Future Girl!!! Man, that List Keeper Dust WORKS!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am so glad he finally popped the question!!! Can't wait to see you over in BIW!!! (Okay, so, I actually saw you over there first...which is how I knew to come over here!)

Beautiful ring, beautiful proposal, and a beautiful story you two have! Congrats again!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! I love your ring, the color is fantastic, I love the slight contrast with the side stones!

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
congrats! I can't believe the listkeeper dust worked so quickly. What a cool story of how you met.

More pictures of the ring please! I really want to see the color of the pear, it sounds gorgeous!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I remember reading your posts back when I was a lurker and I'm thrilled that its your turn to plan your wedding now!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Future girl!!!!! You are engaged! I'm SO happy for you!

That listkeeper dust sure does work fast! :appl:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow list keeper dust really did work awesome for you!

Congratulations! I love the ring!

Can't wait to see the wedding planning!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful ring!!!!

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
A big congratulations to you and your fiance, all the very best! :appl:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, 4ever! I'm thrilled for you.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I'm so excited for you :appl:. That list keeper dust really did it's job!

I'm dying to see more pics of your ring :naughty:

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you! I love finally seeing that GORGEOUS ring on your finger - it's always been one of my absolute favorites on PS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results