shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Finally received! WF 2.1 H VS1 ACA + Vatché 1533 Charis Pave Bands!

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
Lots of nice 'incoming' posts over the last week! :cool2: I think it's about time to add yet another!

Many of you are already familiar with the twists and turns during our search. But we finally received the finished rings from Whiteflash, and my fiancé and I are both very happy with results!

My apologies for not posting slightly sooner as I wanted to get a hand shot to include in this post and didn't do that until yesterday. I figured many of you would probably ask for one too! Haha And wow, it’s quite difficult to get a good shot of a sparkling diamond.

To recap our journey, I had reserved a 2.106ct H VS1 ACA H&A diamond at Whiteflash, and after a travel delay due to the TX freeze, we eventually flew down to visit WF in-person to view diamonds and settings. After learning we were both comfortable with the G/H color range (even though we could discern the difference when placing stones side-by-side), my fiancé spent additional time looking at various diamond clarities and sizes. She ultimately decided on the reserved diamond that is a table-clean H VS1 measuring 8.22x8.27x5.09mm even though I would have been fine if she wanted to go larger. She also really liked the look and treatment of the Vatché 1533 Charis Pave ER band in platinum but with 6 prongs versus 4 prongs, so the decision to go the semi-custom route was finalized as well.

After patiently waiting about one month, the rings arrived at WF from Vatché but the orientation of the prongs and arrows didn’t match Vatché’s initial mockups, so WF quickly worked to make things right! The final ER looks great. And with some input from @diamondseeker2006 and others, I also decided to surprise my fiancé by ordering the matching wedding band and she seemed really happy with that choice when she opened up the WF package. ;)2

Diamond: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4359593.htm
Bands: https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...1533-charis-pave-diamond-wedding-set-3745.htm

So, without further delay… here are the studio shots from WF….
Vatche-Semi-Custom-Charis-Pave-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-Set-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_60701_6...jpg
Vatche-Semi-Custom-Charis-Pave-Diamond-Wedding-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_60701_63733_g.jpg
Semi-Custom-Vatche-Charis-Pave-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_60701_63733...jpg

And a couple of shots that I took of the ER in the WF box…
IMG_0810.jpeg
IMG_0813.jpeg

And, of course, the requisite hand shot…
IMG_0876.jpeg

Some thoughts on the setting - My initial preference was for a more traditional solitaire setting with the diamond set at a medium height to better display it off her finger. But my fiancé preferred a pave setting with a scalloped head/basket and the diamond sitting much lower to the finger... so we went with that instead. ;)2 I’m really glad that she and I were able to partner together on this, and think she made some great choices... after all, she is the one who will be wearing it! As mentioned, she wanted a lower setting (e.g. she liked the Tiffany Novo vs the traditional Tiffany Solitaire setting), and even though I did not request a specific height, I think Vatché’s Charis Pave setting lends itself to a lower overall stone height for those PS'ers in search of something like that.

Some thoughts on Whiteflash - Honestly, I was a really picky client during this entire process. Yet, WF’s team was so gracious and professional throughout. I highly recommend my wonderful SA Becca who not only met with us at the WF office during the pandemic, but also readily handled my numerous questions (plus many, many more emailed questions and followups). It was great meeting @Vera W too, and she was also super helpful in ensuring the setting’s corrections were done efficiently and effectively. I did not have a chance to speak with or meet @Texas Leaguer, but hopefully will at a later time. I also want to thank Debi at WF who stepped in to handle communications during the TX freeze back in February when most of her staff was forced offline and we needed to change our travel plans.

And lastly, a huge THANK YOU with HUGS to the Pricescope family who greatly supported us during our journey. It was wonderful to receive useful input from so many of you! I look forward to continuing to be a part of your community. :mrgreen2:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Hooray...I’m so glad that you finally have it and the prongs and setting are just what you two wanted.

It’s absolutely beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rings are just gorgeous! Congrats to you both! So glad that you are both happy with the finished product.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww, how beautiful!!! So happy you got the matching band!!! It would have been much harder to match a band otherwise! She could also get a plain 2mm band to sometimes wear with her set. My daughter actually got married with a diamond wedding band and a plain engraved wedding band.

Whiteflash did a great job on the prongs and I am glad they were able to adjust the position of the stone for you! The setting is beautiful and it doesn't look too low at all!

Congratulations on your engagement, and you really did an EXCELLENT job in how you were so intent on getting her a high quality diamond and rings but with her preferences taking priority! I just wish all guys would do it this way! This bodes well for your marriage!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
It looks so beautiful!! Congratulations!!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Glad that the prongs worked out. In the end you got a beautiful ring

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings!. Congrats! :clap:

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Love these! Her hand shot is perfection. Great detailing and great size on her!

Congratulations, and thanks for letting us come along for the fun!

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
So happy for you both. Everything turned out beautifully.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Beautiful ring choices too!
May you have a long happy life together!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!! Its a lovely ring! Thank you for providing us with the pictures!! I’ve been following your journey since the beginning and waiting to see the final ring. So happy for you two!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww, how beautiful!!! So happy you got the matching band!!! It would have been much harder to match a band otherwise! She could also get a plain 2mm band to sometimes wear with her set. My daughter actually got married with a diamond wedding band and a plain engraved wedding band.

Whiteflash did a great job on the prongs and I am glad they were able to adjust the position of the stone for you! The setting is beautiful and it doesn't look too low at all!

Congratulations on your engagement, and you really did an EXCELLENT job in how you were so intent on getting her a high quality diamond and rings but with her preferences taking priority! I just wish all guys would do it this way! This bodes well for your marriage!

Second this!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! The rings are truly gorgeous! And how stellar is Whiteflash's customer service and product, great choices all round - well done!! :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, beautiful rings & huge congratulations on your engagement!

I love the details & the little changes, and I'm glad you were able to work together on it to get everything just right.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings and congratulations!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
These are just perfection! I LOVE them!!:kiss2:
Congratulations and may you have a long happy life together!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely stunning! I can't emphasize enough how perfect this set looks on her. So beautiful :love:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story and beautiful selection of rings! Wear in health and happiness for many years to come! Congratulations!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: Gorgeous!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring(s)! Congratulations to you both! Glad you’re sticking around here too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So beautiful!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! and I love that you took that extra step to order the matching wedding band, that would be a one less thing to stress about while wedding planning!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of nice 'incoming' posts over the last week! :cool2: I think it's about time to add yet another!

Many of you are already familiar with the twists and turns during our search. But we finally received the finished rings from Whiteflash, and my fiancé and I are both very happy with results!

My apologies for not posting slightly sooner as I wanted to get a hand shot to include in this post and didn't do that until yesterday. I figured many of you would probably ask for one too! Haha And wow, it’s quite difficult to get a good shot of a sparkling diamond.

To recap our journey, I had reserved a 2.106ct H VS1 ACA H&A diamond at Whiteflash, and after a travel delay due to the TX freeze, we eventually flew down to visit WF in-person to view diamonds and settings. After learning we were both comfortable with the G/H color range (even though we could discern the difference when placing stones side-by-side), my fiancé spent additional time looking at various diamond clarities and sizes. She ultimately decided on the reserved diamond that is a table-clean H VS1 measuring 8.22x8.27x5.09mm even though I would have been fine if she wanted to go larger. She also really liked the look and treatment of the Vatché 1533 Charis Pave ER band in platinum but with 6 prongs versus 4 prongs, so the decision to go the semi-custom route was finalized as well.

After patiently waiting about one month, the rings arrived at WF from Vatché but the orientation of the prongs and arrows didn’t match Vatché’s initial mockups, so WF quickly worked to make things right! The final ER looks great. And with some input from @diamondseeker2006 and others, I also decided to surprise my fiancé by ordering the matching wedding band and she seemed really happy with that choice when she opened up the WF package. ;)2

Diamond: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4359593.htm
Bands: https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...1533-charis-pave-diamond-wedding-set-3745.htm

So, without further delay… here are the studio shots from WF….
Vatche-Semi-Custom-Charis-Pave-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-Set-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_60701_6...jpg
Vatche-Semi-Custom-Charis-Pave-Diamond-Wedding-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_60701_63733_g.jpg
Semi-Custom-Vatche-Charis-Pave-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_60701_63733...jpg

And a couple of shots that I took of the ER in the WF box…
IMG_0810.jpeg
IMG_0813.jpeg

And, of course, the requisite hand shot…
IMG_0876.jpeg

Some thoughts on the setting - My initial preference was for a more traditional solitaire setting with the diamond set at a medium height to better display it off her finger. But my fiancé preferred a pave setting with a scalloped head/basket and the diamond sitting much lower to the finger... so we went with that instead. ;)2 I’m really glad that she and I were able to partner together on this, and think she made some great choices... after all, she is the one who will be wearing it! As mentioned, she wanted a lower setting (e.g. she liked the Tiffany Novo vs the traditional Tiffany Solitaire setting), and even though I did not request a specific height, I think Vatché’s Charis Pave setting lends itself to a lower overall stone height for those PS'ers in search of something like that.

Some thoughts on Whiteflash - Honestly, I was a really picky client during this entire process. Yet, WF’s team was so gracious and professional throughout. I highly recommend my wonderful SA Becca who not only met with us at the WF office during the pandemic, but also readily handled my numerous questions (plus many, many more emailed questions and followups). It was great meeting @Vera W too, and she was also super helpful in ensuring the setting’s corrections were done efficiently and effectively. I did not have a chance to speak with or meet @Texas Leaguer, but hopefully will at a later time. I also want to thank Debi at WF who stepped in to handle communications during the TX freeze back in February when most of her staff was forced offline and we needed to change our travel plans.

And lastly, a huge THANK YOU with HUGS to the Pricescope family who greatly supported us during our journey. It was wonderful to receive useful input from so many of you! I look forward to continuing to be a part of your community. :mrgreen2:

Woohoo!!!! Happy to see you and your fiancé finally got the rings! The set is beautiful! Well done. Please share more hand pics! A lot more!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, it was certainly worth waiting for! Beautiful.

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
Hooray...I’m so glad that you finally have it and the prongs and setting are just what you two wanted.

It’s absolutely beautiful!
Thank you @Patty! So happy that WF was able to make those last corrections, and thank you for the support during the process!

Absolutely gorgeous rings!
Thank you @Morenita21! =)2

The rings are just gorgeous! Congrats to you both! So glad that you are both happy with the finished product.
I appreciate the kind words @MissGotRocks ... me too and I'm particularly glad that she's happy with it too.

It looks so beautiful!! Congratulations!!
Thank you @Mlh!!

Glad that the prongs worked out. In the end you got a beautiful ring
Me too! WF really stepped up to make it right and very quickly. I still think Vatche overall did great even if the orientation did change... probably should have spelled out the 12-6 request clearly from the beginning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results