shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally pulled the trigger on a 1.63/XXX/I/SI1. How'd I do?

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Finally pulled the trigger on a 1.63/XXX/I/SI1. How'd I

Congrats on your purchase! It looks good and its med. blue flouro..very nice! You can check out the stone..BN's customer service is very good. Now for the setting, WOW its beautiful - intertwind pave :love: It will look gorgeous. Make sure you share pics with us!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

Well...It looks promising, but I'd have to see pictures...the numbers look good, I'm just wondering about the inclusions. I hope it is spectacular and hope you love it! Please come back with pictures once you get it! Could be a gorgeous ring!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks good, and I love the blue fluor!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really good price.

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock

Very cool setting!! Congrats on your purchase, can't wait until you do a SMTB thread on her finger!

Deucer

Rough_Rock

Laila619|1358277912|3356238 said:
Looks good, and I love the blue fluor!!

This was one of the reasons I went with this stone in particular...

JulieN|1358278068|3356240 said:
Really good price.

Thanks, I agree if it's truly eye clean. Hoping that BN is being conservative and they're not counting on me being unwilling to send it back.

Schafenm|1358278608|3356251 said:
Very cool setting!! Congrats on your purchase, can't wait until you do a SMTB thread on her finger!

Me either... :bigsmile:

Deucer

Rough_Rock

Ok, the ring finally came in today. I really like the setting, it's lovely.

Unfortunately, I can spot a dark crystal in the stone under the table face up with the ring sitting in a box on the table in front of me. I'm really not pleased with this. Thoughts?

It's very disappointing, as Blue Nile claimed the stone was eye clean. I'm not looking through a loupe or holding the stone particularly close, and the inclusion is apparent...

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Deucer|1358966759|3362335 said:

Unfortunately, I can spot a dark crystal in the stone under the table face up with the ring sitting in a box on the table in front of me. I'm really not pleased with this. Thoughts?

It's very disappointing, as Blue Nile claimed the stone was eye clean. I'm not looking through a loupe or holding the stone particularly close, and the inclusion is apparent...
I'm so sorry this has happened to you, that's really upsetting!! This is one of the things that is so troubling about buying diamonds from a vendor who doesn't have the actual diamonds "in house" (& cannot call them in for review and confirmation). I feel awful about what you're going through!

Just so you know, usually when buyers ask our opinions about stones from BN (or any other drop shipper), we often suggest that they keep the clarity at VS1 or higher, and the color at G or higher (some would say H/VS2 might be safe, but when buying "blind" I personally wouldn't risk it). By keeping the clarity and color ratings high, at least you can rest easy that there won't be a glaring inclusion that's obvious to the naked eye, and there won't be an obvious tint to the stone (if you prefer whiter stones vs warmer ones) that distracts you from the beauty of the ring.

Unfortunately, since BN doesn't provide any analysis wrt the actual performance of the stones (eg, IS or ASET, multiple pictures, videos, etc), the buyer can't count on the diamond's performance and dazzling sparkle to outweigh an inclusion here or tint there. I think it's a really difficult way (impossible really) to try to buy something as expensive & subjective as a diamond.

So you asked for our thoughts ... I'd return the ring, get a full refund and work with a jeweler who can actually lay their hands on each stone you're interested in and can provide adequate information for you to make an informed decision. I know that everyone's looking for a bargain, but in the world of diamonds, you really do get what you pay for. Anytime a price is amazingly low there's a reason, and one big difference between the vendors associated with PS vs some others, is that the PS vendors will actually point out the details and tell you up front why one stone is cheaper than the other & they'll let YOU decide if it's something that works for you or not.

Let us know if you'd like suggestions for vendors or diamonds that meet your budget and the folks at PS will be more than happy to help you.

Deucer

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the responses. The 1st look I took at the stone was under a cloudy sky, outside. I've since take a look at it inside under office type lighting and the inclusion is impossible to see, no matter how hard I look.

This is really wierding me out, but I honestly can't see the inclusion face up indoors... maybe I"m being too critical? I really like the setting and the stone. The color looks good to me. The size is nice. I'm torn.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Deucer|1358986399|3362511 said:
Thanks for the responses. The 1st look I took at the stone was under a cloudy sky, outside. I've since take a look at it inside under office type lighting and the inclusion is impossible to see, no matter how hard I look.

This is really wierding me out, but I honestly can't see the inclusion face up indoors... maybe I"m being too critical? I really like the setting and the stone. The color looks good to me. The size is nice. I'm torn.
Oh!! Okay, this is an easy one Deucer. Since you're not sure what you saw or didn't see, etc etc, take the ring to a local jeweler (preferably one of your high end jewelers who does custom work on the premises) and ask them (a gemologist not a salesperson) to take a look and tell you what they see. Let them know it's an I/SI1 and that you thought you saw something, and have them give you an expert opinion.

Who did you have appraise this stone before BN put it into the setting? That appraisal would have detailed info regarding the clarity, along with a ton of other info that I'm sure you needed in order to get it insured. Does the appraisal mention a dark crystal or anything?

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock

You are obviously not 100% sure on your stone. I would either take it for an expert opinion OR simply tell BN you are not happy and explain how they confirmed it was eye clean and its not. Then you can go find another. There are many diamonds out there, just don't settle if you are unhappy or not sure. Best of luck.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

Deucer|1358986399|3362511 said:

Sounds like you picked a winner after all! And it is a REALLY nice size. Congrats on a beautiful ring! Post pictures.:appl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Is it possible that what you saw was table reflection? At certain angles and lighting it looks like a dark circle smack in the middle of the stone, sort of like a culet in antique diamonds. I second the idea of having a gemologist view the stone, they can help you determine what if anything you saw.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

Deucer|1358966759|3362335 said:

Personally, if you're not 100% happy with it now you wont be. If you could see it at all under any lighting it will bother you and believe me, it will grow into a bigger issue over time. If your GF is anything like you, she will notice it too and be bothered by it! I say return it ASAP! If you're interested, I'd suggest calling Yuki at ID Jewelry and have him find you a stone. He'll give you a great price and send you pictures, idealscope images and give you an honest opinion. The diamond I'm recommending is: AI2S11353 punch this into their search on their website: www.idjewelryonline.com and then call Yuki about it.

Deucer

Rough_Rock

So I slept on things overnight and I've now shown the ring around. Everyone who's seen it has basically said, "Holy crap that's big and white and sparkly."

I was looking for the inclusion with a loupe last night in lighting indoors and I had a hard time finding it. The stone is unbelievably firey under light. I also love, love, love, love the setting.

I'm sure my girlfriend will love it and I do too. I'm going to take it to an appraiser to take a look, but it's highly likely that I'm keeping it. Thanks for all the help!

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Deucer|1359096882|3363272 said:
So I slept on things overnight and I've now shown the ring around. Everyone who's seen it has basically said, "Holy crap that's big and white and sparkly."

I was looking for the inclusion with a loupe last night in lighting indoors and I had a hard time finding it. The stone is unbelievably firey under light. I also love, love, love, love the setting.

I'm sure my girlfriend will love it and I do too. I'm going to take it to an appraiser to take a look, but it's highly likely that I'm keeping it. Thanks for all the help!

You have to post pictures of the ring on the SMTB forum once you're ready!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

Deucer|1359096882|3363272 said:

Wonderful! Sounds like you gave it a good test run. Pics please!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results