shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally Made-Up My Mind and Reset My Diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I just got back to the office from picking up my new pretties from the jeweler!

I was reluctant to post pictures since I haven’t even been home to wash them all up and take nice outdoor pics – but what the hey! I’m excited and want to show off my new bling! I can post better shots later.
31.gif

Okay, SO, if you haven’t been following along with my saga – I purchased a 0.93 from James Allen last month. I debated for sometime about what to do with the stone. After going round and round with ideas, looking at semi-mounts, and talking to everyone vendor her on PS, I decided to fit my new stone into my original e-ring setting. My setting, however, is a halo, so I had to have my halo remade to accommodate the larger stone. There were some modifications to the design but it still looks pretty much the same as my original ring – just larger.

Here’s some awful office pics! (Better pics to come later tonight!)

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Pic 1

newmetroeting.jpg

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Pic 2

metrohandnewringsetting2.JPG

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Pic 3 - profile

newmetroprofileshot3.JPG

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Very classic and elegant... The rings go well with each other. Congrats!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Pic 4

ScaleshotMetro4.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow metro, that''s so stunning! and it makes your stone look HUGE!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Did you mean 1.93 ct. stone??? That thing looks HUGE. It''s REALLY pretty, I think you make a GREAT choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a shot comparing my original with the upgrade. Though I must admit, this pic doesn''t show the full scale of the smaller halo. There really is a big size difference btwn these two.
9.gif

CompareShots_metro.JPG

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to go home now to take better pics!

Oh, and let me not forget to mention - my 8-prong martini studs!!! Yes, pics of those coming as well!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Metro, it looks pretty much the same, only bigger correct? May I ask where the setting came from, ow who it is that creates these halo for you? I really like it!! Can''t wait to see how mine will look reset!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL. THE DIAMOND looks HUGE!!! How long did it take to remake the halo?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh Metro! So stunning and HUMONGOUS on your dainty finger!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It''s beautiful!
Looks great with your watch too!
36.gif
36.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great! I really like that the side of the halo is plain, it makes it look very clean and simple!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s great that you were able to reuse the old setting! It looks beautiful with the larger stone!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats metro! Wear it in good health.. Looks amazing on your finger!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
GRRRR!!!

I just typed out a post responding to each of you and it didn''t go thru!

IheartDiamonds- Thank you! I really wanted my ering to match my wedding band (not in a "matchy-matchy" sorta way but "go together" sort way) and it was surprisingly difficult to find a semi-mount that looked good with my 3mm channel band. I tired on every semi-mount out there! Then it dawned on me to get my ering remade to hold the larger stone.
9.gif

gemgirl - I know! I totally freaked when my jeweler opened the box to show me the ring! My first thought was "Oh No! It''s too big! It looks like a cocktail ring!" Then I slapped myself on the cheek for thinking such thoughts (I really did!)!

Jenn5504 - I wish! Heehee - it''s only a 0.93! It''s amazing that i have this look for under a carat! I''m really happy with going with my redo.
30.gif

beau13 - Your getting your diamond in a halo too? You wont'' be sorry! I''ll have to search your back posts to find out the details. The jewler who made my halo is two suites down the hall from WF - they are called Dickenson by Design. I worked with Holly. Their prices are very reasonable and they do a lot of work for James Allen (where I purchased my diamond), so I felt confident in trusting them in my new redo. I''m glad I did!

krisvrn - Well, I was originally told it would take 2-weeks but it turned into almost 4-weeks. It was hard counting down the days but worth it!

coatimundi - Ahhh, thank you! I''m totally eating up the compliments over here! And let me just say that your avatar pic gets me every time! I love your rings!!!!!!

CrookedRock - Thank you! I too like the sleek look of the plain shank. It give it a modern look, no? I think the clean shank coordinates with the smoothness of the channel set.
36.gif

Tick..tick..tick...is it time to go home yet? I can''t wait to show DH!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOH I love it!!!!! Yours is one of my all time favourite settings!!!! It looks huge!!!!!
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh did I post too soon!! You weren''t done posting your pics yet. Honey, you have diamonds in the under gallery? How faboo is that! OK, go ahead, smack yourself again! NOT a cocktail ring! Who''s MIL was that? Gorgeousness, just gorgeousness and it looks so "right" near the clean lines of your watch. Who makes your watch? I might have to try that baby on.

Date: 3/25/2008 5:11:59 PM
Author: metro

GRRRR!!!

I just typed out a post responding to each of you and it didn''t go thru!

IheartDiamonds- Thank you! I really wanted my ering to match my wedding band (not in a ''matchy-matchy'' sorta way but ''go together'' sort way) and it was surprisingly difficult to find a semi-mount that looked good with my 3mm channel band. I tired on every semi-mount out there! Then it dawned on me to get my ering remade to hold the larger stone.
9.gif

gemgirl - I know! I totally freaked when my jeweler opened the box to show me the ring! My first thought was ''Oh No! It''s too big! It looks like a cocktail ring!'' Then I slapped myself on the cheek for thinking such thoughts (I really did!)!

Jenn5504 - I wish! Heehee - it''s only a 0.93! It''s amazing that i have this look for under a carat! I''m really happy with going with my redo.
30.gif

beau13 - Your getting your diamond in a halo too? You wont'' be sorry! I''ll have to search your back posts to find out the details. The jewler who made my halo is two suites down the hall from WF - they are called Dickenson by Design. I worked with Holly. Their prices are very reasonable and they do a lot of work for James Allen (where I purchased my diamond), so I felt confident in trusting them in my new redo. I''m glad I did!

krisvrn - Well, I was originally told it would take 2-weeks but it turned into almost 4-weeks. It was hard counting down the days but worth it!

coatimundi - Ahhh, thank you! I''m totally eating up the compliments over here! And let me just say that your avatar pic gets me every time! I love your rings!!!!!!

CrookedRock - Thank you! I too like the sleek look of the plain shank. It give it a modern look, no? I think the clean shank coordinates with the smoothness of the channel set.
36.gif

Tick..tick..tick...is it time to go home yet? I can''t wait to show DH!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
metro, it''s just gorgeous! And it looks great with your band. Thanks for sharing!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it Metro! I have always been a fan of your e-ring! Congratulations on the redo!

Akasma

Rough_Rock
Metro - I LOVE it! I''ve been a big fan of your set since the first halo surgery. I had no idea jewelers could do that and was so impressed.

I love, love, love your new diamond and setting. It''s actually one of the ones that has inspired my setting to be. Thanks so much for sharing! It looks amazing! .. and HUGE!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
That is really, really pretty. It looks WONDERFUL. What a beautiful job they did, and the ring fits the diamond perfectly. Beautiful ring. Congratulations!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning!

cheers--Sharon

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
It does look huge! That''s so cool that you got to redo your original e-ring, it looks very similar, your new one is just jumbo sized!
9.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock

Maisie - thank you! thank you! You’re such a sweetheart!

gemgirl - Oh, you''re too funny! I must say, after wearing my ring for almost 24-hours, I am already use to the size and can''t imagine it any smaller! And the new H&A stone really makes a difference in the sparkle factor

30.gif
! I''m so happy with the overall result!

As far as the watch, it''s a Citizen. I posted the model and picture of it somewhere - I''ll have to find it again (check back in this tread - I''ll post the link). I have really small wrists and most watches looks ridiculously large on, but when I saw this little beauty, I knew it would be perfect! It compliments my wrist and my rings!

Ellen - If it wasn''t for PS and the knowledgeable people of its forum, such as yourself, I would have never such a ring! So thank YOU!!

Diamond*Dana - WOOT! I have fans! YEAH!!!!!!!!

2.gif
Thank you, Dana!

Akasma - Wow, you remember my 1st halo "surgery"?! I tell ya, my poor DHs life hasn''t been same since I discovered PS. He''s wondering if it will ever end....I''m starting to wonder myself...Thank you for your super sweet compliments!

9.gif

Isabelle - Thank you! Hopefully I''ll be able to post more pics soon!

canuk-gal -
9.gif
Thank you!
lotsofsparkle - Heehee! It is the jumbo version!
9.gif

Sadly, I got home too late for any outdoors/sunshine pics
7.gif
of my rings. Only crappy indoor pics. I guess I''ll have to wait until this weekend for a full on photoshoot! Heehee!

I did capture some pics of my 8-prong martinis though! I guess I should start a seperate thread on those!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Congrats Metro, it looks beautiful on your hand! I agree with the others, HUGE as well!
36.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Metro! When you said "finally made up my mind" I wondered how long; a month is very quick compared to me!!
3.gif
I wasn''t familiar with your original, but I think it''s great that you stuck with the original design! I like squarish halos on round diamonds. Beautiful! Also, I love your watch.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Metro - It''s gorgeous! It looks sensational with your band. Perfection!
I really love it and am glad that you are pleased as well! Woohoo!

... now ... 8 prong martini studs, you say?
27.gif

MrsSteketeeToBe

Rough_Rock
your ring is GORGEOUS! I have the exact same size diamond as you and I just got my diamond re-set in a cushion shaped halo as well! Seeing your ring pics makes me even more excited! enjoy your new sparkle
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results