shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally found the stone!! Need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bools

Rough_Rock
I ran the stone through HCA and got a score of 2.3 Very Good. I really like the stone and would really like to grab it.

I've looked at many different AGS0 stones and this is also the best HCA score i've received from them. I only want to purchase from a B&M and don't want to shop online for this (might as well support the locals, right!).

What do you think? To me personally, a 2.5 HCA still glows like wildfire!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If you think it's gorgeous and you've searched this long, I'd say go for it!

bools

Rough_Rock
Well, the biggest thing has been finding a stone that I like WITH an AGS0 cert. Most stones at B&M stores around here all carry GIA or EGL certs. I know i'm paying a big premium for an AGS0 but feel more secure in doing so.

Does anyone else have a 2.0-2.5 Very Good score. Please chime in
wacko.gif

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
I really don't know much about the HCA system, but a stone that I'm looking at scored a 1.4. Hmmm...maybe I should put a deposit on it soon.
1.gif

Can anyone explain to me how a 1.0 might compare to a 2.0? I've seen some information on Bscopes, but don't know too much about the HCA--actually looked at the Pricescope page for the first time today.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
34.9 crown with a 41 pavilion isn't the end of the world but if it's the best you can find locally and you like it, go for it. What you may want to do before you take the plunge however is put them to work a little (while they hold this stone for you on a layaway or suttin) and see if they can find you a rock with crown angles no greater than 34.6 with pavilion angles no greater than 40.9 as you'll eliminate alot of leakage which is taking place under the table of this diamond. (and if you can really get anal ... lower girdle height around 80% with 60% stars
3.gif
). I'd love to see the reaction on the salespersons face if you ask for that!
3.gif

Try for the angles though and see if they can find this for you then switch your deposit to the stone with the more flattering angles.

Peace & Good luck,
Rhino

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree--give them your biz but see if they can find a better angled stone...IF they can find one. If not and you love this one, go for it. 2-2.5 on HCA is not the end of the world. Mine scores 2.5 and its very beautiful, just not as excellently cut as some of the stones out there. My next stone *will* score under 2.0 on the HCA and come with more reporting than this one did...but that's another story!
1.gif

Most important thing is your eyes and your level of comfortability. Best of luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results