shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY DECIDED!! THE WAIT IS ON!

apl1789

Rough_Rock
Okay so my gf and I have been through a bit of a rough time recently... not so much related to each other, just other things in life but we both feel it has only made us stronger. I was considering asking her to marry me but was just a bit hesitant and also unable to afford a ring and my part of the wedding, reception, etc.... basically things have been better then ever and one day it just kind of clicked and I realized "I'm ready to marry her!!" Went and talked to her parents, got approved for a good loan at a very low interest rate (Thank you USAA!!) and I just finalized my order with Chris at White Flash. She's a nurse and I'm going to be serving as an officer in the U.S. Air Force so we will have our challenges, but there's no one else I'd rather have right next to me than her!!

Sorry for the sappy story, I'm just excited... here's what I finally went with.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2327040.htm

Set in a Platinum Legato Micro Pave ring.

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/the-legato-micro-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-1012.htm

I can't wait to get pictures from WF and then to see the real thing!!! I will post pictures! Big thanks to Chris at White Flash, he has been AWESOME!

Finally... have not thought of how I want to propose... I want it to be somewhere private so it can be romantic and not out in the public with a bunch of random people watching. One thing I'm considering is surprising her and cooking her a nice dinner with some wine (to help her make the right decision =) for when she gets home from work, then giving her a kitten (which she would love) and having the ring around the kittens ear, arm, leg, or maybe even tied to its neck... thoughts?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! We love sappy stories! Post pics when you get them!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
apl1789|1291058514|2781918 said:
Okay so my gf and I have been through a bit of a rough time recently... not so much related to each other, just other things in life but we both feel it has only made us stronger. I was considering asking her to marry me but was just a bit hesitant and also unable to afford a ring and my part of the wedding, reception, etc.... basically things have been better then ever and one day it just kind of clicked and I realized "I'm ready to marry her!!" Went and talked to her parents, got approved for a good loan at a very low interest rate (Thank you USAA!!) and I just finalized my order with Chris at White Flash. She's a nurse and I'm going to be serving as an officer in the U.S. Air Force so we will have our challenges, but there's no one else I'd rather have right next to me than her!!

Sorry for the sappy story, I'm just excited... here's what I finally went with.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2327040.htm

Set in a Platinum Legato Micro Pave ring.

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/the-legato-micro-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-1012.htm

I can't wait to get pictures from WF and then to see the real thing!!! I will post pictures! Big thanks to Chris at White Flash, he has been AWESOME!

Finally... have not thought of how I want to propose... I want it to be somewhere private so it can be romantic and not out in the public with a bunch of random people watching. One thing I'm considering is surprising her and cooking her a nice dinner with some wine (to help her make the right decision =) for when she gets home from work, then giving her a kitten (which she would love) and having the ring around the kittens ear, arm, leg, or maybe even tied to its neck... thoughts?

Oh my fricken GAWD!!! Kitten idea = AWESOME!!!!!! I love this. It would be my personal ideal proposal. I love your sappy story and I'm so happy for you. My dad was in the Air Force and I have a real soft spot for you guys. Many congratulations and may I commend you for a beautiful beautiful ring. You did good. :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe you should place the ring through the kitten's collar (if kitten is really small) or tie the ring to the kittens collar with ribbon! that way it wont fall off? SOOO cute, please tell us what you decide on for the proposal and post some handshots.

apl1789

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the good wishes and advice!! I will definitely tie it to the collar. I'd hate for the kitten to come trotting out with no ring to be found.... yikes

Missy, thank your dad for his service for me please! We would live in a much different world if it wasn't for our great veterans =)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or how about a note on the kittens collar that says you and the kitten are a package deal, and a 'will you marry me?', then get
down on one knee with the opened ring box in your hand-there is something about a man on one knee............

It is a beautiful ring, I am sure she will be speechless! Congratulations, and prayer and blessings for your safety. Thank you for
your service!

apl1789

Rough_Rock
Oh I'm definitely doing the get down on a knee thing... yeah I kinda do need to figure out how to work that out though... that's a really good idea, or maybe just bring the kitten to her and hand it to her... then while she's looking at the kitten and notices the ring, I would get down on a knee and ask her...?

Ladies, help me out!!! haha thank you in advance!

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see a real life pictures!!! :love: :love: :love: Congrats!!! Great choice!!! :appl:

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
I was a cat in a former life and let me tell you -- ribbon around neck means furious struggle and must destroy the ribbon!! If there is something on the ribbon that fell off -- that means FOOD!

Can you imagine waiting for me to poop out the ring? Or having to get surgery for the kitten to extract the ring!? Oh, the horrors....

How about you get on one knee and present her with...the kitten? Then give her the ring after you give her the kitten (without getting up). She will probably drop the poor kitten. But, kittens are invincible!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
antelope1|1291069797|2782085 said:
I was a cat in a former life and let me tell you -- ribbon around neck means furious struggle and must destroy the ribbon!! If there is something on the ribbon that fell off -- that means FOOD!

Can you imagine waiting for me to poop out the ring? Or having to get surgery for the kitten to extract the ring!? Oh, the horrors....

How about you get on one knee and present her with...the kitten? Then give her the ring after you give her the kitten (without getting up). She will probably drop the poor kitten. But, kittens are invincible!

LOL re being a cat in the past lifetime! Gotta say, I'm loving Luv2Sparkle's idea. Oooo this is sooooo exciting!

And I will tell my dad, apl. And thanks to you for your service. Some of those bases aren't the easiest are they? My brother was born in Glascow Montana, where my dad was stationed. My mom, with 4 kids and 1 more on the way, was so excited when it turned 0 degrees so the kids could go outside and play.

apl1789

Rough_Rock
Yikes.... I'm from Florida and anything below 60 is no bueno! We will be stationed in Georgia for somewhere close to the next 5 years so Ill get a slow introduction to cold weather.

I cant wait to post pictures for everyone!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hey there!
congrats on your comission (future comission? Sorry I sort of skimmed through your post). I jsut wanted to tell you that the AF takes really good care of their familes. My DH commissioned in 2005 into the AF and we have been pretty happy with everything so far.

I love your kitten idea! that is adorable!

apl1789

Rough_Rock
Pictures are in, going to post after I eat!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh can't wait to see!

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
<paws at package eagerly>

The cat in me can't wait either...pix...MEOW!

apl1789

Rough_Rock
AustinLieberman_120910c.jpg

AustinLieberman_120910b.jpg

AustinLieberman_120910a.jpg

Only thing I'm a little concerned with is that the ring makes the center stone look too small? Anyone think this is going to be an issue? There's no straight on shots so I guess I won't know till tomorrow, but Im hoping it looks great!

Pictures from White Flash, Ring will be here tomorrow morning!! I was supposed to drive to Tampa to spend the weekend with her and leave tonight but I had to call and tell her I won't be leaving till tomorrow... didn't tell her why, but she's so sad cause we only get to see each other once or twice a month. Here's the dilemma... the kitten isn't old enough to be taken away from it's mom yet so I can't even propose this weekend if thats how I wanted to do it which means I can't tell her why I had to come a day late and I feel bad!! I want to propose ASAP, but I also want to make it really special!!

Here's a picture of us for those of you interested...

148338_10100133472437012_5138358_54265547_4426612_n.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow, it's a beautiful ring! she is one lucky lady! you guys make a really cute couple too :) I can't wait to see the head-on shots! best of luck with the proposal :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is gorgeous- definitely do not think the setting makes the stone look small!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and a very beautiful couple too :appl:

apl1789

Rough_Rock
you're all great, thanks so much for the replies... makes it all that much better!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picture of you holding the kitten???? Get that ring on her finger!! I say "carpe diem!"
Also - it does NOT look small!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring turned out gorgeous! Love the kitten idea but I say do with or without the kitten!

Very sweet picture! Congratulations!

sparkie

Rough_Rock
Nice ring... and you guys make a good looking couple.

Good luck with the proposal! ;-)

apl1789

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the wait!! heres pictures. I know they are a little blurry, we're not camera pros yet, but were learning!

ring1_4.jpg ring1_4.jpg

ring2_3.jpg

ring3_2.jpg

ring4_0.jpg

Sooo... I was originally planning on seeing her last Thursday but found out the ring would be in Friday morning so Thursday night I had to call her and make up some reason why I couldn't come till the next day. She was sad (we only see each other one or two weekends a month max right now) and it was soo hard for me to not tell her why it was going to be an extra day. That being sad, I had a GREAT plan as outlined above on how I was going to propose which would have meant I had to wait another couple weeks till the kitten was old enough to be taken away from mom, but it all went out the window when I saw the ring. My heart was racing the entire hour and a half drive to go see her and she said when I hugged her she could feel my heart racing. Needless to say right then and there, I got on a knee and asked her to marry me!! She said yes and made the biggest mistake of her life!! (kidding). I told her about my original plan and she said she didn't care it was still perfect. I also told her I'll be doing nice, sweet, romantic, surprising things for her whole life so it's not too big a deal that the proposal happened that way and she is fine with that. She loves the ring and we are bother SUPER happy and excited!!

Thanks for all your support!!

ChloeLe

Rough_Rock
You guys are such a cute couple! And I love your proposal story, in fact it sounds romantic to me :D

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sweet...I think the proposal was perfect!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, this is making me feel all mushy!! The ring is perfect, the proposal was perfect, and you guys are so cute! So glad everything fell into place, have fun being engaged! And thank you for your service!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, you did a WONDERFUL job! You are a gorgeous couple! :appl: :appl: :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
aww, that is so sweet! congratulations! and I am glad she loves the ring :) it looks very nice on her hand :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results