shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally decided on this diamond. Please advice everyone whether it's a good buy??

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very nice looking stone!

Weewee88

Rough_Rock
Thanks!! If you have any better suggestion can list you list it for me?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you put the numbers into the HCA tool within the tabs at the top of the forum?

Weewee88

Rough_Rock
Hi yes, HCA is 1.6

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
G is a good middle-ground choice.
VS1 is a safe, 'eye clean' choice.
HCA under 2 shows the angles are complementary.
High crown is good for 'fire'.

No issues with it whatsoever.

It is showing as Sold - have you bought it?

Weewee88

Rough_Rock
Yes, I've paid and pending delivery. But if any better choice still able to change

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are no issues with it so you have no worries.

We cannot tell you what your priorities are - it will be up to you if you wanted to consider re-balancing the 4Cs! - otherwise we would just be offering up options with no idea of what you actually wanted (e.g. higher colour but lower size, lower colour but bigger size, lower clarity but higher colour, etc etc.) and what your total budget was.

I think anyone would be happy with the stone you already have, though, so you don't need to second-guess your choice.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please come back with pics when you get it :love:

Weewee88

Rough_Rock
https://ibb.co/n3azHG
https://ibb.co/cBKbxG
https://streamable.com/kknd4

I've finally received the diamond. However, the diamond looks a little hazy. I'm not too sure as it's my first time buying diamond. After details look at Idealscope, I do noted quite a lot of light leakage. Can anyone advice should I exchange this diamond as I don't think it's perfectly eye clean on first look.
Anyone has better recommendation with a budget of USD7500? Thanks in advance

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://ibb.co/n3azHG
https://ibb.co/cBKbxG
https://streamable.com/kknd4

I've finally received the diamond. However, the diamond looks a little hazy. I'm not too sure as it's my first time buying diamond. After details look at Idealscope, I do noted quite a lot of light leakage. Can anyone advice should I exchange this diamond as I don't think it's perfectly eye clean on first look.
Anyone has better recommendation with a budget of USD7500? Thanks in advance

It's dirty - I can see a fingerprint on the table in the video. That will affect how it looks - it will make it look hazy and as if there are inclusions when there are not. Clean it well and look again.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes when I receive a diamond it needs a really good cleaning, even from a good vendor sometimes it collects stuff. Before thinking it is a hazy diamond, try that.
Ecf great minds think alike lol

Weewee88

Rough_Rock
Yeap it does look like fingerprint. I tried to wipe off lightly it doesn't go off. I'll probably try to wipe it harder again and see when my fiancé to be not around. Thanks for your advice

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wiping will not do it because the fingerprint is made of oil and will just spread around. It needs to be soaked in something like Dawn dish soap and cleaned with a brush, then rinsed in hot water.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wiping will not do it because the fingerprint is made of oil and will just spread around. It needs to be soaked in something like Dawn dish soap and cleaned with a brush, then rinsed in hot water.
This.

- Put boiling water and washing-up liquid into a pot or jug
- put boiling water into another pot or jug (without washing-up liquid)
- leave the stones to soak for a while
- use the washing-up liquid to clean all the dirt and natural oils off your hands
- dry your hands with paper towels that don't leave fluff or fibres on your skin
- pick up the stones from the solution
- use a stiff toothbrush to carefully but firmly clean the diamonds (while holding the stones over the solution - if you drop them, they will fall back into the solution)
- put the cleaned diamonds into the clean hot water
- remove the rinsed diamonds and dry them with the paper towels
- look at the cleaned stones using a stone-holder ring or the special stone-tweezers that are available

It is best to place a large tea-towel or similar on the worksurface - that way, if the stones accidently 'ping' away from you, they will hopefully not get damaged and not bounce far away.

Or something like that!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto what others have said. You can't just wipe off dirt - think of your hands when they get dirty. Do you wipe them on your pants to 'clean' them and keep it moving? Or do you wash your hands wish soap? I would hope the latter and the same goes for your diamond!

Weewee88

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice everyone. As i have no prior experience, i was thinking simple wiping might be able to clean off the fingerprint

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be super careful!!!! Diamonds are jumpy slippery things. Be super cautious (I didn't look to see if it is in a ring or loose)

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not risk soaking my loose diamond that I may return. Eek.

For a one-off use to avoid the risk of loss, simply use Fantastic (without any bleach). Place a tea-towel inside plastic storage container with highish walls. Spray the Fantastic on the stone while the diamond is sitting on a clean tea-towel. Let it sit for a few minutes. Gently rub the diamond with the tea towel or clean tshirt to remove the Fantastic. Buff gently with the t-shirt. Make sure to rub on both top and bottom being gentle on the girdle and culet.

If still cloudy in indirect natural light, than the "additional clouds not shown" on the GIA may be causing internal dispersion of light leading to what you are seeing.

Edited to add. If Fantastic is not available, you are looking for a spray kitchen degreaser that does not have any bleaching agents. Goo Gone, Zep and Simple Green, Method All purpose surface cleaner all work.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results