shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally! Anchor''s wedding picture post (non-pro)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

I finally received enough pictures from family and friends to do a proper picture post! Since I kept you waiting, I’ll be posting a lot of pics, and I mean a LOT!! I don’t have any non-pro pics of the ceremony as we asked our guests to not take pictures inside the church, but I’ll have plenty of pro pics to show you all later. So, without further ado…

First off, the reception hall. It was the perfect mix of country-style and elegance we were looking for, wonderful for our informal-ish wedding.

nonpro1.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The grounds, while we were taking pics with the bridal party. It was thundering and we were hoping the sun would hold out until the end of the photo shoot… Thankfully it did! The gazebo on the water is absolutely lovely, and many couples who have non-religious ceremonies have their ceremony there.

nonpro2.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Posing for professional family portraits at the reception site. We’re married! Whee! Doesn’t J look amazing in his white tux?! And I adored my bouquet!

nonpro3.1.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Family shot. Can you believe that my mom was actually wearing a wig?! She looked stunning!

nonpro4.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The whole family. I’m just in love with my grandmother’s yellow dress. The handsome fellow in Navy uniform is my brother.

nonpro5.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Nice shot of the corsages. Grandma wore hers of her wrist.

nonpro6.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Going inside the reception hall… That’s just such a nice shot of my hubby.

nonproJtux.1.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Here’s a shot of the needlepoint I made for the wedding. My mom had it framed as a gift.

nonpro7.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Drink up, my hearties! I loved my centerpieces, it’s a shame I don’t have a clear picture of them yet. The florist did an amazing job.

nonpro8.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The guests mingling. Don’t I just look adorable? My dad looks pretty serious, I think he was just trying to take it all in.

nonpro9.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Our amazing, absolutely genius, incredible entertainers. Everyone LOVED them and they threw us a great party! They really got everyone going and everyone had a blast!

nonpro10.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The only shot I have of us kissing for now. Mwah!

nonpro11.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
J was carrying an heirloom pocketwatch in memory of his grandfather.

nonpro12.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Our first dance. Aw…

nonpro13.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Everyone PARTAY! Our photographer was hard at work while we rocked the dance floor.
(and yes, that is my SIL's bra straps sticking out. I almost burst out laughing when I saw it when she walk up for her reading in the church... taaaacky)

nonpro17.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous photos! Looking forward to more!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
We have a tradition in Qc (I don’t know if they do it elsewhere) to make elder unmarried siblings of the bride and groom dance on their socks and both our older brothers are unmarried. My grandma knitted silly socks with big toe holes for the occasion!

nonpro18.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Throwing the bouquet… The girls were so excited!

nonpro19.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The garter toss. I did not want to do the standing-on-a-chair-and-groom-gets-it-with-his-teeth thing… But everyone asked for it and next thing I knew, my brother and brother-in-law were holding me up on a chair, and you can tell I wasn’t too happy about it! Great shot of my dress, though.

nonpro23.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I put the garter just above my knee and told hubby where it was, so he had no problem getting to it, even if our friend Al was hold his arms in his back.
20.gif

nonpro24.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Finally, the get-away car that J’s brother and sister decorated. It had been pouring for hours by then! But I don't mind... We had sun when it mattered, and we have a saying here that says "Mariage pluvieux, mariage heureux" (Rainy wedding, happy marriage), so I'm happy!

I hope you enjoyed my pics!

nonpro28.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Anchor! You look STUNNING and so happy!

Congratulations on everything!! I love your photos!!!

How was the mini-moon?????

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yayayay, more pics.
36.gif

I love the scandalous garter shot. I have never seen it done that way. Hubba Hubba.
31.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Yay...

Love the pics...

Looks like you had a fabulous wedding day (even with a bit of rain)

I second miraclesrule on more pics!!! ( I LOOOOOOOOVE Pics)

Congrats again!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Anchor! Can''t wait to see the pro pics too!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Congratulations again!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Everything just looks so YOU, it''s wonderful! Congratulations again!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Anchor! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. And I love the reception venue and the country-ness of it!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
How fun! I didn''t know about the Quebec tradition of dancing socks thing. But then I have been to only 1 quebec wedding. You look amazing! I can''t wait for those pro-pics

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 11:30:33 AM
Author: anchor31
We have a tradition in Qc (I don’t know if they do it elsewhere) to make elder unmarried siblings of the bride and groom dance on their socks and both our older brothers are unmarried. My grandma knitted silly socks with big toe holes for the occasion!

Anchor I LOVE YOUR WEDDING!!!! It looks like such a blast. You look gorgeous AND adorable, all rolled up into one and this sock pic is just killing me. KILLING MEEEE!

I''m in love with your grandma.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results