shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally! After searching for months...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
... I finally found THE dress. A dress I could actually try on and loved so much I didn't want to take off. A dress that fit perfectly and felt like "me" more than any other dress I've tried on (and I've tried a LOT!).

So I was getting cold feet at the idea of buying my dress without trying it on first. I did try on 3 other Bonny dresses and they ended up being my least favorite of all (
40.gif
), and on wedding pictures of Bonny brides I've found that most Bonny dresses seem to fit a bit weirdly under the bust, so I was getting pretty scared. I decided to go dress shopping again.

I went to a boutique and asked for a dress with colour accents I could order in pale blue that would be appropriate for a semi-formal morning wedding. Ask and you shall receive!
28.gif
The lady pulled out this dress, Alfred Angelo 1797. It was in white/pink (like in the pic) and in my size. The fit was perfect, no wrinkles or bunches, and it would only need a hem (I'm 5'1", so that's to be expected). As soon as I saw myself, I knew! I just started giggling and told the sales lady: "It's me, it's my dress!" The model pictures really don't do it justice, the coloured embroidery is so delicate and gorgeous... The only thing missing is a bit more of a train, but that can be easily remedied, since Alfred Angelo offers 24", 36" and 48" train extensions for a cost.

I called the boutique in Ottawa where I shopped at in June and where I want to order the dresses, and he will sell it to me for 200$ less than what the Montréal store quoted me. Plus I can get a provincial tax refund.
31.gif
I will order it in white/blue jay (AA's baby blue) with a 24" train extension. I'll be going to Ottawa around Canadian Thanksgiving in October to order the 3 dresses and buy my invitation kits. I can't wait!
36.gif

alfredangelo1797mt (Medium).jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Anchor! I love the new dress, i think it will be fantastic on you! And IMO, the color accents are much more delicate and tasteful than on the other dress. I LOVE IT!

sera

Ideal_Rock
That dress is really pretty! I can imagine how pretty it is with the baby blue!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT!! It is a gorgeous dress and you are going to look stunning!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I can''t wait to see pics of you in it! I think you made a great choice!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all... I can''t believe I have six more months to wait before I can get pictures of me in it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum, you''re going to be beautiful ini that dress with baby blue trimmings!!! Great choice!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always loved that AA dress, and it will look lovely on you! Congrats!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That dress is stunning!! Congrats on finding "the dress"!!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Anchor that dress is beautiful! Congrats for finding THE dress! I notice that we have the same wedding day (8/2/08) from the BIW list! How are plans coming along!? I hope I''m not slacking too much! ha!
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Anchor!

I''m so glad you found YOUR dress! Congratulations! I can''t wait to see pics.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
neatfreak - Yes, I think so too. There''s a cute-ish side to it that feels much more like me.

bizoumom - I can''t wait to see it it the right colour with the train extension... Right now it feels like the six months will torturously crawl by!

robbie - Thank you... I wish I had it now...

monarch - Thanks! You''re very sweet.

Selkie - It is lovely, isn''t it? It never appealed to me in pictures before, I guess the lack of train always bugged me a little. I''m happy that I''m able to order it a little longer.

bee - Thanks! Is your ring coming any time soon?

Cleopatra - Hey, date twin! I''ve been engaged for 13 months now and wanted to get all the major stuff out of the way this summer before going back to school, so pretty much everything''s done. All I have left is ordering the dresses, buying and putting together the invitations, some minor decorating stuff and the last details such as programs and menus. Don''t feel bad, though, I''ve been planning this thing for a while!
28.gif

zoebartlett - I''m so glad too. The dress thing was really starting to stress me out... Heck, I thought it was going to be the easy part!
26.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Anchor, I''m so glad you found your dress!! It looks like it''s going to be perrrrfect!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
love it!!! I tried on one that was similar but in the end it didn''t work for me. That one will be FAB on you though!!! YEA!!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I love that dress! Perfect!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, anchor! I''m so happy you found your dress! I can''t wait to see it in the baby blue color, and on you, of course!

Congratulations on finding "the one!"

Are your BM''s dresses going to be the same blue color? I think that''s what you meant when you said you would order the 3, but thought I needed some clarification!

It will all be just lovely!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I just came back from a vacation in Ontario with my mother and grandmother... Feels grat to have some time off!

AmberWaves, Sumbride, IndyGal and Harleigh, you''re all very sweet.

Herleigh, my BM dresses will be in the AA colour indigo, which is a sapphire-ish blue. I really wanted to go with contrasts and shades of blue instead of everything the same colour, plus my BM looks not so good in pale colours.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I think varying shades of blue will be just lovely! I would love to find dresses in all different colors, but since that doesn''t seem to be working out, I at least found two different styles of dresses in the same color! Now if only I could figure out what to do with FUSCHIA!!! (Not my first color choice, mind you, but it''s what I found enough of!)

Congrats again! Can''t wait to see it all put together!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
yay Anchor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so glad you found THE one!!!. It will look perfect on you!!! Can''t wait for the pictures!!!!!!!!
36.gif

M~

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh - I''m sorry you''re having trouble with your colours... I just love Alfred Angelo, with 46 colours you can match everything up, have different shades, do whatever you want. I hope you find what you''re looking for! I''m not a "matchy-matchy" kind of bride so I''m very happy to be able to combine colours and styles. My BM and MOH have chosen different dresses as well.

Mandarine - I love your dress on you too! I''m hoping I can get pictures in a sample before my dress comes in.

jesterjigger - Yes, I believe so! Thanks for sharing your pics! May I see pictures of your dress as well?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Anchor...I guess I forgot to mention that I am buying all of the dresses and shoes for my girls myself, so I have been getting them at ROSS, hence the unavailability of various colors, styles, etc...

I think I have 4 of the fuschia dresses, 2 of each style that will work, but it appears all 4 of my girls may not be able to make the trek to Hawaii with us, so it really might not matter...

I''ll try to attach pix of the two dresses...

I am thinking I will need to go with a light or limey colored green to set off the fuschia, and for flowers, possibly do creams and whites with pale green accents. What do you think?

Fuschia Front01.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Back of dress #1

Fuschia Back01.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Front of dress #2...it should also have a rhinestone brooch, but someone is stealing them off the dresses, but I have 4 matching ones!

SpagStrap Fuschia Front01.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Back of dress #2

SpagStrap Fuschia Back02.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oops! Sorry for the threadjack, but you always have great ideas, so any suggestions would be much appreciated!

(After thinking about it, hangs head...) Guess I should just go post a new thread, huh?
14.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry, I''m flattered! I think the lime/apple green will look gorgeous, maybe with some white or ivory for a little contrast.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Aach! You are always soooo sweet! Thanks again for your help in my new thread!

I promise to try not to threadjack again!
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results