shape
carat
color
clarity

Finalizing Princess Proposal

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I don't know what got into me. The whole point of the tiara and what not was just to put in the room to give it a little bit more of a royal motif. I don't know where I crossed into the "make everything princess and buy more jewelry" mode. Your comments help A TON!!

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I don't know what got into me. The whole point of the tiara and what not was just to put in the room to give it a little bit more of a royal motif. I don't know where I crossed into the "make everything princess and buy more jewelry" mode. Your comments help A TON!!

damons

Shiny_Rock
You are welcome! I'm so glad that you didn't take offense to my comments. I have been in your shoes before, and I know how easy it is to get carried away with trying to plan the perfect proposal. It's probably more nerves than anything else, but trust that it's going to be great and everything will fall into place. As long as you stay true to yourself and to her, then it will be perfect.

Another thing that I meant to tell you is, if you think she is going to cry, put a couple of tissues in your pocket. Also, I overlooked that she doesn't like massages, so you could definitely schedule a facial, and you might want to consider a manicure.

I am very excited for you!

When is the big day? Do you think she knows it's coming?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I suggested the scepter I basically agree with Damons. As far as jewelry, the ring you picked out is breathtaking and is "enough".
I really like the suggestions Damons gave. focus on what is important, spending time with each other in that lovely location and telling her how you feel.

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so I did finally find on their website that they do mani/pedis (I had been meaning to call about this). So what should I send her to the spa for? Should I do just the mani, facial and mani, or facial and mani/pedi?

affguy

Shiny_Rock
jaebond|1329267039|3126390 said:
Okay, so I did finally find on their website that they do mani/pedis (I had been meaning to call about this). So what should I send her to the spa for? Should I do just the mani, facial and mani, or facial and mani/pedi?

I'm sure a lady will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a facial is something one would want right before a night out...it's kind of rough on the skin and leaves it a bit pinkish. There might be different kinds of facials, some of which are more pampering vs rejuvenating. Mani/pedi are nice tho, and should leave her feeling great afterwards.

audball

Ideal_Rock
affguy|1329321146|3126659 said:
jaebond|1329267039|3126390 said:

I'm sure a lady will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a facial is something one would want right before a night out...it's kind of rough on the skin and leaves it a bit pinkish. There might be different kinds of facials, some of which are more pampering vs rejuvenating. Mani/pedi are nice tho, and should leave her feeling great afterwards.
Agreed. A good facial can make your face splotchy and red for awhile. You also shouldn't be wearing makeup right after a facial and I'm sure she wants to get dolled up for your dinner out. And to me, if she doesn't like people touching her, I wouldn't want people touching my face either.

I'd go for JUST the mani/pedi. It'll get her nails all perfect for when you slip on that GORGEOUS ring you bought for her. It'll get her out of the room long enough for you to prepare yourself.

I agree with damons...the princess stuff seems too much. If you want to include it I agree with saying something like, Christina, you are my princess and the light of my life. I love you with all my heart and want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?

She will love it.

If you REALLY want to do something extra for her, I do actually like the idea of the charm bracelet. It would be something you guys could add to over the years and get charms for different occasions. It is a more grown up idea and could be a little something to throw her off the scent...especially if weekends away and surprise mani/pedis aren't a frequent thing that you do for her. I would get something simple that charms could be found at most places. I have many friends and my sister have the Pandora charm bracelet.
The Standard Bracelet: http://www.pandora.net/en-us/explore/products/bracelets#590702HV
Charm Suggestion: Royal Carriage - http://www.pandora.net/en-us/explore/products/charms#790598P

I think she will appreciate a grown up version of the princess proposal to all the trinkets. Treat her like a princess all weekend and that will be plenty.

Goodluck!!

MaddyRock

Rough_Rock
I agree with the recent posts! I didn't want to lead you away from the Princess theme, because it seemed like something she was really in to, but I agree things were getting a bit over the top! I love the plan you have in place, please post a report after this fabulous proposal :)

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi jaebond,

Haven't seen any updates from you in a while so I wanted to check back in and see how everything's coming along :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Updates please!!!! :appl: :appl:

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
So the way everything works is that they put everything in your room before you get there. So the rose petals will already be around the room and the candles will be there (but unlit) when we get there (between 4 and 4:30). We will have until 5 to relax and settle in and then at 5 she goes to the spa for a mani/pedi. I'll then get all of the candles set up and anything else I need to do to get ready. I guess I'll just tell her to text me or call me (other ideas are greatly appreciated!)when she is done at the spa so that I can be ready when she gets back (I assume it will be about an hour in the spa, so maybe start lighting candles around 4:45). And then I wasn't sure how soon afterwards to make the dinner reservations? Assuming she gets back at 5, I was thinking about setting the reservation for 7. Any thoughts?

audball

Ideal_Rock
jaebond|1330376541|3135813 said:
So the way everything works is that they put everything in your room before you get there. So the rose petals will already be around the room and the candles will be there (but unlit) when we get there (between 4 and 4:30). We will have until 5 to relax and settle in and then at 5 she goes to the spa for a mani/pedi. I'll then get all of the candles set up and anything else I need to do to get ready. I guess I'll just tell her to text me or call me (other ideas are greatly appreciated!)when she is done at the spa so that I can be ready when she gets back (I assume it will be about an hour in the spa, so maybe start lighting candles around 4:45). And then I wasn't sure how soon afterwards to make the dinner reservations? Assuming she gets back at 5, I was thinking about setting the reservation for 7. Any thoughts?
Hi jaebond!

If she leaves for the mani/pedi at 5, she isn't going to get back at 5...I guess you meant 6? If that's so, I think a reservation for 7 will be perfect. That'll give you an hour (give or take) to have some alone time to enjoy the moment before heading to dinner to celebrate. So the candles could get lit around 5:45, not 4:45...I think ;-)

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
audball|1330446798|3136365 said:
If she leaves for the mani/pedi at 5, she isn't going to get back at 5...I guess you meant 6? If that's so, I think a reservation for 7 will be perfect. That'll give you an hour (give or take) to have some alone time to enjoy the moment before heading to dinner to celebrate. So the candles could get lit around 5:45, not 4:45...I think ;-)

Haha, yeah, thanks. So everything happens at 6. I guess I was more thinking for dinner at 8 then, but you think that 7 will be fine?

audball

Ideal_Rock
jaebond|1330518834|3137173 said:
audball|1330446798|3136365 said:

Haha, yeah, thanks. So everything happens at 6. I guess I was more thinking for dinner at 8 then, but you think that 7 will be fine?
Hi! I think 7 would still be fine. It'll be nice to have 30 minutes-1 hour of alone time before going down to celebrate. To me, personally, any more than that may just feel awkward. If she's all excited and wants to celebrate, just sitting for too long may be weird. Unless you plan to take a nice walk around the groups or something (ie: do more than just sit in your room before dinner).

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
So I have the dinner reservation set for 7 and everything seems to be coming together (the proposal is March 24, by the way). I would still like to come up with a better way (or better excuse) to find out when she is on her way back other than just "Text me when you're done." Are there any ideas?

kefira

Shiny_Rock
Can you arrange for the spa staff to call you as soon as she leaves? If you express the importance of the evening, maybe they would help you out. Plus then your lady doesn't have to potentially mess up her nails getting her phone out and texting. ;)) Otherwise...maybe you could play it super relaxed, and tell her you are going to nap while she's out, so she should call/text you to wake you up when she's done. Or something like that? Maybe do both so that you have a greater chance of one or the other calling you with the head's up. Good luck!

audball

Ideal_Rock
kefira|1331062528|3142016 said:
Can you arrange for the spa staff to call you as soon as she leaves? If you express the importance of the evening, maybe they would help you out. Plus then your lady doesn't have to potentially mess up her nails getting her phone out and texting. ;)) Otherwise...maybe you could play it super relaxed, and tell her you are going to nap while she's out, so she should call/text you to wake you up when she's done. Or something like that? Maybe do both so that you have a greater chance of one or the other calling you with the head's up. Good luck!
Agreed. Get the spa staff on the phone and in on the scoop. That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Most vendors LOVE assisting with proposals.

MaddyRock

Rough_Rock
So, how did it go?!

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
It went great! She said yes! I'll write more in the next few days when I get a chance.

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
So here is the story:

Like I said, it went great! I decided to stick with the tiara and I drove it to Hideaway a few days before so they could have it in the room when we got there. While I was there, I inquired about talking to the spa person. She wasn't there but they said they would let her know about my plans. A couple of other things: I bought a sweater in secret to wear (I have 0 fashion sense whatsoever, so I thought it would say something if I went out and tried to look snazzy without any advice from her). Also, I used her digital camera to take a video. Unfortunately, I didn't make sure it was on the right spot, so we aren't in it, but it got me running around doing the last touches (which she thinks is super cute) and it got the dialogue, so she was still very happy with it

We got there a few days later, checked in, they showed us around a little, and we headed over to our room. The room was gorgeous! The tiara was on a pillow on the bed (no big deal, just part of the room) and the bed and floor were covered with flower petals (one of the add ons I had gotten). We had about 15 minutes to relax and enjoy the room and then she had her mani/pedi. I immediately started getting everything ready: bringing everything in from the car, arranging the candles around the room (another add on), frantically going over what I was going to say, changing into the sweater and a pair of jeans, putting her digital camera on the table to get a video, and getting Marry Me by Train playing on my phone. The spa person came down, in the process of dumping out the foot bath, to let me know that I had about 10 minutes, so I lit all of the candles, made sure everything was set up right and got in position and waited.

She came back into the room and I gave my proposal. She said yes and we had a wonderful few minutes! After a little while, we went over to dinner at their restaurant and the food was AMAZING!! While we were at dinner, I gave her the Pandora charm that was mentioned earlier (It just so happened that she had mentioned wanted a Pandora bracelet like a week before and then mentioned the charm that week). She loved it and on Thursday we had a great little outing to get her the bracelet. The rest of the weekend was just as amazing!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it went very well! Congrats! Do we get to see ring pictures!?!?

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
Here are some pictures she took the night of the engagement! She is a little self conscious about having her hand in the pictures though.

2012-03-25 11.15.07.jpg

2012-03-25 11.16.14.jpg

Bewitch324

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, sounds like all your planning and stressing to make it perfect really paid off!!! I love all the special little touches you included.

The ring is beautiful, congratulations!!!

Brooke

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to both of you! All of your planning paid off! It sounds like a very romantic weekend with nice memories.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results