shape
carat
color
clarity

finalized the order today, now nervously waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miranda.danny

Rough_Rock
I would like to start off by saying thank you to all of the PSers that helped me through the decision process these past few weeks!

So I finalized my order with James Allen today and it is scheduled to ship by the end of the week. So far they have been a pleasure to deal with! I am so excited and nervous at the same time. Not to mention I am keeping it from friends as I am committed to a 100% surprise. Family and friends do know I am planning on asking her ''this summer'' or ''this year'' depending on what I have told them, but no one knows I bought the ring or that I am planning on popping the question within the next two months! At least I have PS!

I ended up getting this diamond (IS seen here) as recommended by the gemologist at JA as well as other PSers.

I am getting it set with the James Allen French Cut Pave Setting. Ring size will be 4.5. A few other PSers have different versions of this ring and from what I can gather from their descriptions and hand shots it is very delicate, not-too flashy, and beautiful. I really think my GF will love it (I hope)...

Hope that wasn''t too long and thank you to everyone again for all the help and suggestions. I am debating on scheduling an appointment with Jeff Averbook in Boston (I''m in RI and he seems to be the most recommended appraiser within driving distance). I am still nervous about buying everything online and I think it will give me the piece of mind (I hope) that everything is in order. One question I will ask on this loooong post is what other PSers suggest about getting independent appraisals.

Sorry for the novel and thanks again! I started off this process completely clueless and very overwhelmed, and then I stumbled upon PS.

I guess thats it for now, but I''ll post pictures of the finished ring when I receive it.

Danny

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Good choice. I hope to see pictures soon!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be gorgeous. Your GF will love it! Make sure you come back with some photos later.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cant wait to see some pics! I love the setting you choose!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Looks like it''s going to be gorgeous. Good luck with your proposal
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Everything will be fine. Get it appraised, anything over $1,000 is the rule I''ve heard. That way you have peace of mind and can insure it easily.

Good Job!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait to see hand shots. It will be a beauty!

miranda.danny

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the replies!

It shipped today and I believe it will arrive on Monday! I am so excited and still slightly nervous, hoping everything looks amazing when it arrives.

I am going to be getting it independently appraised and insured as soon as I get a chance. Are there any insurance companies that people could recommend?

I'll be posting pictures when it arrives!

miranda.danny

Rough_Rock
ok, I got it today. I haven''t really had a chance to take to many pictures or even look at it for very long cause my GF is around. despite a such a brief opportunity to look at it, it looks amazing! Im attaching a photo.

20090608-IMG_3560.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, it looks beautiful!!
36.gif
When you can get more pics, please post them. We need close ups of this, and profiles. I'm really anxious to see this style pave!

I would wish you good luck, but seriously, with that ring there's no way she'll say no.
9.gif
2.gif

p.s. I would check with the ins. co. you already have ins. with for a price. Then maybe call a couple others to compare.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t fret - it''s a beuatiful ring - I''m sure it can be made right - no one would notice anyway - it IS spectacular looking!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 9:20:37 PM
Author: motownmama
Don''t fret - it''s a beuatiful ring - I''m sure it can be made right - no one would notice anyway - it IS spectacular looking!

Ditto - get on the horn to JA and tell them! The ring does look stunning, but something like this will definitely bug you guys over time, and they should fix it for you ASAP!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It looks absolutely stunning! But I am a bit perplexed by the asymmetry. So strange. I''m sure James Allen will be happy to fix it, though.

miranda.danny

Rough_Rock
thanks for the quick replies...it sucks when you live with your girlfriend and you have a ring and want to really closely examine it!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah, you got it! congrats, its beautiful.. and look at the sharp arrows!

miranda.danny

Rough_Rock
so I think I just went a little nuts. one of the pave diamonds was hidden to me for some reason...I went nuts I think for no reason...the head not 100% in the center of the 16 stones... And I think its my own mind playing tricks on me after I thought things weren''t as they should... I''m posting more pictures...

20090608-IMG_3562.jpg

miranda.danny

Rough_Rock
the next two show where the diamonds are in the pave on each side close to the head...tell me I am crazy for thinking that there is(was) a problem...I think my mind played tricks on me...

side one

20090608-IMG_3580.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, Danny! She''s gonna love it! You did an awesome job!
2.gif
1.gif
2.gif

miranda.danny

Rough_Rock
ok, im pretty sure I put that little issue I had past me.

Anyways, I love it! It is exactly what I was going for! I really hope she will love it!

Here is the last one for now...

20090608-IMG_3565.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG...its stunning!
30.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I could see what you mean, but i''m so glad you''re past it because it''s such a miniscule imperfection... I didn''t notice anything until you pointed it out! Good luck, she''s going to be ecstatic!

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It''s absolutely gorgeous...even with the magnified pictures it looks stunning. Itty bitty imperfections do happen but I honestly think it looks just beautiful and she will love it.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous ring! She is going to love it
1.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
just beautiful! She will LOVE it

jessicalala

Rough_Rock
The ring is absolutely stunning, she will adore it!! Well done!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results