shape
carat
color
clarity

Finalist LGD to complete my e-ring - thoughts?

littledeb

Rough_Rock
My jeweler (thank you to Pricescope!) sourced this lab grown diamond to complete my new engagement ring. The hard part is my setting calls for a substantial diamond of a radiant, emerald or oval shape and only the oval is really in my budget. This is my first lab grown diamond and my first oval which I know are hard to get right. I think the dimensions and video look great. I see the stone in person next week. Any red flags you guys see? Thank you!

From IGI report
10.10 x 7.47 x 4.55
2.20 carats
H / VS2
Very Good/ Very Good
Table 55.5%
Total Depth 60.9%
Crown Height 14.5%
Pavilion Depth 43.5%
Girdle Thin to Medium (Faceted)
Length to Width ratio: 1.35

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck, I don’t know much about ovals.

littledeb

Rough_Rock
Good luck, I don’t know much about ovals.

Thank you for the well wishes. I appreciate it. This is nerve wracking and exciting at the same time.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
It looks good to me though it's a short video that you can't play with. As long as your vendor has a good return policy, it's worth bringing in to see. Good luck!

littledeb

Rough_Rock
It looks good to me though it's a short video that you can't play with. As long as your vendor has a good return policy, it's worth bringing in to see. Good luck!

Thank you - I see the stone in person today. I am so nervous.

littledeb

Rough_Rock
@yssie Can you provide some advice on what to look for in this stone? I value your insights.

littledeb

Rough_Rock
This is the setting I'm working with IMG_0284.jpg IMG_0277.jpg

littledeb

Rough_Rock
Also I should have said that the price of the stone that is the leading contender right now is USD $7,170
Thanks!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for comparison

What is your budget?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!

So the facets are larger and brighter in the center, which means that the circled are will be whiter and brighter IRL (when not obstructing). And with that pavilion main patterning you’ll see an obstruction bow-tie IRL - the video is diffuse backlit. But I don’t see mushy facets under the table, and I see even facet size outside of the circled area, and equitable distribution of obstruction as it turns - I think it’s a nice stone :))

The oval @AprilBaby linked won’t ever bow-tie - different pavilion main pattern. So if you dislike the bow-tie obstruction IRL a stone like that might be a better fit.

A5F211D5-9079-4AD5-BD3A-148CBC4B8F0C.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also...another one

littledeb

Rough_Rock

The video that the jeweler sent me allows me to move it around. I guess I didn't upload it to Youtube correctly. Sorry.
Just for comparison

What is your budget?

Thank you!! I'll check it out. My budget is up to $8k

littledeb

Rough_Rock
Hello!

So the facets are larger and brighter in the center, which means that the circled are will be whiter and brighter IRL (when not obstructing). And with that pavilion main patterning you’ll see an obstruction bow-tie IRL - the video is diffuse backlit. But I don’t see mushy facets under the table, and I see even facet size outside of the circled area, and equitable distribution of obstruction as it turns - I think it’s a nice stone :))

The oval @AprilBaby linked won’t ever bow-tie - different pavilion main pattern. So if you dislike the bow-tie obstruction IRL a stone like that might be a better fit.

A5F211D5-9079-4AD5-BD3A-148CBC4B8F0C.jpeg

Thank you! I really value your time and expertise. I'm trying to learn as much as I can. The stone I saw today was gorgeous in real life - it looked beautiful and I could only see a small bowtie. However, it was an H but the jeweler and I aren't sure the grading was right because next to my setting it looked more I. Either that or my setting is just so white I need to go up a color? My search continues. Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results