shape
carat
color
clarity

Final advice please,,,,,it''s go time and I''m still confused

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

costanzaf2

Rough_Rock
Can someone please answer this comment. Is it true that if I get a RB that has a good HCA, a good cut (ideal or GIA excellent) good clarity (VS or SI1) and good color (G, H) the I can''t go wrong on the pricescope data search. I''m getting more and more frustrated by so many options out there.
Jenn from JA suggested the following stine and I have the idealscope, the GIA but its a si2 please advise,,,if not ok I think I''m just gonna roll the dice with a stone from the HCA search with an HCA of
Jenn wrote about the stone below.....I believe I may have found our winner. I have located a beautiful
diamond that is part of our H&A Ideal cut collection. The diamond details
have been provided below as well as a copy of the GIA report,
idealscope/magnified image and cut advisory evaluation. Please take a moment to
review this diamond and let me know if you have any questions.
Although this diamond is an SI-2, it faces up completely clean to the naked
eye. I look forward to your response and have a wonderful day!!

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?find=1&cid=130&item=936509

I''m a lil worried about the cavity...........

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might want to reserve this stone so that lurkers don''t try to steal it from you.

The specs look great, the images look wonderful, and it does indeed look very clean (at least from the top view). It really looks like a lovely stone!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, you could have an independent appraiser examine it for any durability issues prior to purchase just to make sure the cavity isn''t an issue.

But otherwise it looks great! An eyeclean SI2 sure is a find, just make sure that YOUR definition of eyeclean is the same as JA''s.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, an eyeclean SI2 is a great buy, and they do exist! I''d ask Jim if the cavity presents a problem, otherwise, I''d say it''s a winner!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would also ask what her definition of eyeclean is.

costanzaf2

Rough_Rock
well I reserved it thru JA and will call Jim and Jenn tomorrow to ask about the cavity and eye clean stuff. What can happen w/ the cavity? will it just fall apart some day if the prong is set up against it? WOuld JA gaurentee its structural integrity? Oh well. Thanks

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Like the others say, an eye clean SI2 can be a great find. People generally recommend Si1''s or higher to err on the safer side. Doesn''t mean there are not good SI2''s out there. You just have to do a little homework to make sure the clarity is something you are comfortable with. (And many people here are -- Mara has a gorgeous SI2 stone). Ask Jim to check the inclusions to make sure they do not impact the integrity of the stone. Ask if they break the surface. Ask if they can be covered by a prong, and ask at what distance do they become visible face up and are they visible, and at what distance, from the side.

I would make sure you have an independant appraiser look at it and have a return policy if you are not happy for any reason within a short period of time (2 weeks or so). I''ve purchased from Jim, and he is good to work with. Just make sure to ask enough questions that you know what you are really getting and make sure you can return it if you are not happy.

This could be a great stone for you. Just do your homework, and put it on hold while you sort things out so that someone else doesn''t grab it.

good luck!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 8:20:38 PM
Author: costanzaf2
well I reserved it thru JA and will call Jim and Jenn tomorrow to ask about the cavity and eye clean stuff. What can happen w/ the cavity? will it just fall apart some day if the prong is set up against it? WOuld JA gaurentee its structural integrity? Oh well. Thanks

No one will guarantee it, but that''s what insurance is for! It could present an issue down the road potentially, an appraiser could tell you for sure whether it''s even something to worry about.

Ask Jim at JA. He''ll be honest with you about it.

Congrats though! It looks like a great stone.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 8:20:38 PM
Probably not. Luckily, chips are very uncommon. However, no matter what you buy I would advise you to insure the final ring! Theft, loss, and damage can happen and it''s heartbreaking when you don''t have insurance for it.

costanzaf2

Rough_Rock
well come to find out the si2 is eye clean,,,,but the industry eye clean explanation means that the si2 is eye clean in the table but you can see the cavity a tab with the naked eye up close...........I guess that one is eliminated? or is it OK to have that so far from the table? Thanks,

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 7:33:08 PM
well come to find out the si2 is eye clean,,,,but the industry eye clean explanation means that the si2 is eye clean in the table but you can see the cavity a tab with the naked eye up close...........I guess that one is eliminated? or is it OK to have that so far from the table? Thanks,
I don''t think any of us could answer that one, only the intended wearer could, after seeing it.
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 7:33:08 PM

Is it prongable? Looks like it might be...

It''s unfortunately not something we can answer...up to you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you said in your first post that you were worried about the clarity, I''d suggest you look at SI1 and VS2 diamonds. You''ll still have to make sure SI1 is eyeclean, but it will not be as risky as an SI2.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you got your stone.......It looks great......The price is not listed since it is no longer available. Of course, just as the others stated......make sure it is eye clean and find out what JA definition of eye clean.

Good Luck and tell us whether you bought it or not and share some pictures.

MWG

costanzaf2

Rough_Rock
Well, even though its gonna cost more I''m gonna go with a high HCA (1.0) H&A ideal I, VVS1 cuz my baby is worth the extra cash (just gotta spend 1.5 months of uncle Sams salary!) Trying to weed out among the mediocre ones is too tough so why not get the better one and be sure she''ll flip out!. Thanks for all your help. we''ll see if JA and I can hammer out a price. Is there leeway in the prices they list on their site, I know we can get a small PC discount.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 9:59:13 PM
Well, even though its gonna cost more I''m gonna go with a high HCA (1.0) H&A ideal I, VVS1 cuz my baby is worth the extra cash (just gotta spend 1.5 months of uncle Sams salary!) Trying to weed out among the mediocre ones is too tough so why not get the better one and be sure she''ll flip out!. Thanks for all your help. we''ll see if JA and I can hammer out a price. Is there leeway in the prices they list on their site, I know we can get a small PC discount.
As most will tell you that you can save some money by staying away from VVS1. VS1 and VS2 is plenty. I have VS2.

The only other possible suggestion is to move up in color to at least H. That is my opinion. If the diamond is cut well, an H is very hard to tell from a F\G

MWG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That diamond sounds very nice, but VVS1 is really a little over the top. What size and price range are you looking for? Are there not any G or H VS2''s?

costanzaf2

Rough_Rock
its 2600$ and .71 Kts......is that OK...........I hate the I part for color,,,but I''m tired of lookin!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh, don''t give up looking. You are giving up on the color (I) and paying for a VVS. If she is color sensative, she may be bothered if there is warmth to the I. She won''t see inlcusions, (since most can''t usually be seen without a loop anyway) Even going up to the si1 range. she shouldn''t see inclusions without the loop. Color she will see everyday when looking at it. Inclusions, she won''t.

Perhaps like some of the suggestions listed, focus on the H range with vs inclusion. That should be a better balance of where to spend the money.

Like you said, your baby is worth it. Just take a little more time looking.

Good luck!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 11:25:49 PM
its 2600$ and .71 Kts......is that OK...........I hate the I part for color,,,but I''m tired of lookin!
Don''t give up yet! VVS is overkill, hopefully you can find something in the VS2/SI1 range with H color or something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results